Do you have the money that it takes to be an audiophile?

it makes a huge difference !

it is like this - if i am listening to music, and also working on the laptop (for Hifivision) then the fan is on.

but, if i am listening to nusrath fateh ali khan, especially the 2nd track on "NIGHT SONG", the fans go off!

@ murali - those high end dealers know what they are doing!

true..also the regulator for the fan especially if it is the small rotary type actually ruins the power...so even if you run it, it better be on a separate line !

this is simple economics..nothing more.

as an example, Harbeth is overpriced in the US..much much more than in Asia. similiarly many of the US Speaker brands are more than 30% higher in europe (Inclusive of their import duty)

if you do buy a cadence or a Rethm which are exported abroad you will pay much more in the US or Europe.

The basic reason for the high prices in india is nothing more than not enough demand.
At one time LCD TVs and Cell phones were overpriced in india..today you get them at extremely good rates. Ditto for the computer industry.

Well, arj, I am talking only about the present. And yes it is all economics. Till the day that prices on Hifi equipment are sane in India, I will stand by my statement. Of course this might happen when we ourselevs produce outstanding equipment. Look forward to that as well.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back