Do you Twitter ??

Spidey

hi folks,

want to konw if anybody of u are on twitter.
For beginners in social networking like me, i found it is a site where you can daily post ur thoughts and happenings and views on a page and this is followed by your friends.
Well twitter was also the place where celebrities wash their dirty linen in public and u have people like shashi tharoor, lalit modi, film stars preity zinta making absurd tweets time and again ..
very entertaining.:clapping:

Some branded webistes like ebay.in, bigcinemas etc use twitter to make imp announcements, promotions etc.. to make their presnce felt.

So why cant our "esteemed" members start their tweet and post something like...

had this audtion, heard that system, visited that shop, found this website, hearing this album etc etc....
our members will surely "follow" those tweets.

Last edited:
No.

Nor do I facebook, orkut, etc, etc...

I spend half my life on the internet, including reading and contributing to four forums. It's enough!

I really cant figure out how people live their lives 160 characters at a time!

Secondly don't think I can handle all these "celebs" on Twitter.. even talk of their whining, at trivialities, is taxing my patience!

Aboslutely not! Though I do use Orkut and FB once in a while, I draw the line there. I am not too keen on letting the whole world to know what I am doing every moment of the day!
Venkat, And I am quite young too!

Edit:
Anm, just saw ur post, rotfl!

I prefer to spend my internet time on HFV and another defense forum. Twitter for people like me is gutter...again thats my opinion...no offense to anyone.

Venkat

twitter is sort of a show-off world and hardly a place for a shy person.
but some people like to be in open and for celebs it is almost one of their routine "duties" to make their presence felt.
i have read some twits like
"man,just bought those vibrating ultrathin condoms on my gf's request,will post the findings" to plain ones like
"boarding a flight, food service is crappy on board" etc etc
Well most of users are under nickname so u wont know who the poster is unless he is ur real-life friend; so anonymity is there if u want.

Last edited:
.....well lets become another Lalit Modi or Sashi Tharoor..........:lol::eek:hyeah::lol::lol::clapping::eek:hyeah:

I really cant figure out how people live their lives 160 characters at a time!

Secondly don't think I can handle all these "celebs" on Twitter.. even talk of their whining, at trivialities, is taxing my patience!

Gem of a statement, there, Sujit.

I cannot stand that limitation. Its made for SMS lingo and for recording fleeting thoughts of perhaps no consequence.

That's the thing about twitter. You're either completely into it. Or completely off it. It doesn't work for "occasional" users as I've discovered for myself. This is my second coming, if you will, on Twitter.

Is it properly 'earthed' .. or it will cease to be a worry...!:p
sujit, a battery operated thing doenst need earthing.
just try it.. i mean the Twitter.
no need to fear it or hate it. it is now a fact of life.

Last edited:
i think twitter and orkut and facebook are internet's way to voyuerism and I don't buy into it as I don't want anyone to get into that either.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back