Do you Twitter ??

When computers started , a past president of the great IBM company quoted :

" I don't see any reason why people would buy computers at homes. "

for ibm stood only for international bussiness machines.

well, so much for vision.

we cannot see into the future scope of internet or its facets.
we may feel safe denying orkut facebook etc but they do exist.

Last edited:
i only twitt on hifivision :D :D

LOL Manu good one!

Here is good explanation of the social not-working phenomenon (not working at office because spending time of facebook or Orkut)

Attached below :)

Cheers

Attachments

• SocialNotWorking.jpg
    SocialNotWorking.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
And the GEMS OF COMPUTING QUOTES :

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

"I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year."
- The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957

"But what ... is it good for?"
- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.

and the topper,:clapping:
"640 Kb ought to be enough for anybody."
- Bill Gates, 1981

Last edited:
Spidey - no offense meant, but everything that becomes popular does not necessarily become a panacea. Take the IPL for example. Granted - all those examples that you quote are grand exhibitions of foot-in-the-mouth. But I am sure it is OK to not like Tweeting and Twitter for what it stands for.

When computers started , a past president of the great IBM company quoted :

" I don't see any reason why people would buy computers at homes. "

for ibm stood only for international bussiness machines.
It was Ken Olsen of DEC, not IBM.

IBM was making business machines before the computer; mechanical calculating and accounting machines. I think the IBM quote was something like, "I see a worldwide market for, maybe, five computers".

Another one in the business was NCR: National Cash Registers. At one time, some bright spark decided to change the name of their company, because hey, they were a computer company now, and hadn't made a single cash register for ages! Nobody remembers the new name, because they soon realised how stupid it was to throw away a household-name brand.

I dont know about tweeter, but Orkut really helped me find lots of my old friends, busy in their own life...........it was good to know that they have settled and have kids too......it was kinda nice feeling you know.............and then few were there with in my reach as well and so we planned to pay a visit to each other, which turned out to be great family get together..........if it hadent been orkut I would never have know even they even existed.............so i'd say therse social networking is not just only about letting your personal life being an open book, it can be a great way to keep in touch with your friends, good ones and reliatives......ans share "only' thats aspect of your life which you want to..............

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back