Does cheap android tablets work?

no frustration ...so far, took a galaxy tab from US to explore..sold at same price.
Just helping buyers to clear unreal expectations!!

To check mail on the move also ,u need gprs/3g support
in a 5k tab putting 2k modem is funny.Using android cells wifi tether(many users have it) is the way to go.

AtheK,
if you simply take 'any' chino tab that is expected.po'lly u ave resistive screen.
select some known (wont be super good as samsung/moto) china guys tab like onda,jxd, ainol,cube..etc

Kaushik, Yes ofcourse it is resistive, it was totally out of fun i ordered it, the main reason to get it was to use it as Photo Frame, that it is doing well. Just wanted to see the durability.

I use an iPad 3 for my tab needs, but i think if you are looking at a decent tablet you need to shell out atleast in tune of 6k. I have used micromax funbook and it is leaps and bounds ahead of the 3.5k tab.

true..many 6to8k tabs have huge features..hd screen n huge RAM,good gpu are some.

office pal has ordered 3.4k jxd..lets see

I finally received my veedee e10 tab. Chinese rebranded but feels solid at least for 5.5 k

Got a free 8gb micro sd card along.

Touch is okay and but not as good as samsung galaxy

Unless you use both will never understand the difference

Google play support makes a lot of difference in these cheap tabs.

Battery is so so and could have been better, my only complaint as of now

Youtube and skype works great with video calling in later

Sent from my Veedee E10 using Tapatalk 2

^^ Hehe I thought Google Nexus is now outdated, with so many wide spread reviews, that mine would not count much .... :)

Google Nexus 7 is still one of the best tablets out there for the price. I wouldn't waste money on cheap tablets, even though I can't deny there are some good ones out there.

There's one that I found to be quite good for the 100$ price, named QUART Tablet 7"
7" Touch Capacitive Screen
Allwinner A10 1.2 GHz
512 MB DDR3 memory
8 GB Nand Flash
Webcam
Full HD Video play
Wi-Fi, HDMI, mini USB
Reads USB Flash more than 4GB, Reads external HDD
OS Android 4.0

But still if I wanted a good tablet I'd invest my money on a Nexus 7.

I also read an article somewhere about a 30$ android tablet for students in India somewhere.

www.mawista.com/blog/en/top-cheapest-tablets-for-students/

It's a good way to promote and boost education in developing countries.

Last edited:
Google Nexus 7 is still one of the best tablets out there for the price. I wouldn't waste money on cheap tablets, even though I can't deny there are some good ones out there.

There's one that I found to be quite good for the 100$ price, named QUART Tablet 7"
7" Touch Capacitive Screen
Allwinner A10 1.2 GHz
512 MB DDR3 memory
8 GB Nand Flash
Webcam
Full HD Video play
Wi-Fi, HDMI, mini USB
Reads USB Flash more than 4GB, Reads external HDD
OS Android 4.0

But still if I wanted a good tablet I'd invest my money on a Nexus 7.

I also read an article somewhere about a 30$ android tablet for students in India somewhere.

www.mawista.com/blog/en/top-cheapest-tablets-for-students/

It's a good way to promote and boost education in developing countries.

Had you been in kolkata I could have lent you my cheap tab for comparison. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Pro Duos via Tapatalk

I finally received my veedee e10 tab. Chinese rebranded but feels solid at least for 5.5 k

Got a free 8gb micro sd card along.

Touch is okay and but not as good as samsung galaxy

Unless you use both will never understand the difference

Google play support makes a lot of difference in these cheap tabs.

Battery is so so and could have been better, my only complaint as of now

Youtube and skype works great with video calling in later

Sent from my Veedee E10 using Tapatalk 2

Couple of months back bought Veedee D10 (probably 5 months back). Had to reinstall the OS 3 or 4 times as it suddenly froze. The capacitive touch is good but not comparable to Nexus or Ipad or galaxy. Offlate the battery dries out too fast and always have to keep it in charge and if not it just switches off itself and after charging if restarted again it takes minimum 10 minutes to get boot screen. Looked good and worked good but now it seems the battery would die fast within an year and that is not covered under warranty.

Another problem with these cheap tablets is service. I bought an Ainol tablet which was great till the screen stopped working. Been 3-4 months and I could not get a replacement. Even in cheap better to go with brands like Micromax so you have some service backup

faults in ainol are rare...

even if locally buy see specs and brand..
i will not prefer micromax coz lowend hardware with crap battery
although marketing is well done,i have seen crying people with macromax low q mobiles

Just consider kindle fire HD approx10k is an awesome tab.some 350grams is guess with a awesome screen and 11Hour backup on normal usage.
Amazon shipping to india is free(>130$ or so try with kindle)

Weight of tab also matters tabs in <5oo grams are preferable..lightweight but stronly built device feels real cool.mainly in acc.sensor games
or using on your lap

Last edited:
faults in ainol are rare...

even if locally buy see specs and brand..
i will not prefer micromax coz lowend hardware with crap battery
although marketing is well done,i have seen crying people with macromax low q mobiles

Just consider kindle fire HD approx10k is an awesome tab.some 350grams is guess with a awesome screen and 11Hour backup on normal usage.
Amazon shipping to india is free(>130$ or so try with kindle)

Weight of tab also matters tabs in <5oo grams are preferable..lightweight but stronly built device feels real cool.mainly in acc.sensor games
or using on your lap

Does the greater than 125 usd offer on amazon apply for electronics, I thought mostly toys and games. My veedee is so far running good, but will be careful for the battery or os freeze part. Does kindle hd support appstore? But answer me this, if we are preferring local service center enabled companies then how will we get our kindle serviced? I think asus can support nexus even if they are imported ones.

Does the greater than 125 usd offer on amazon apply for electronics, I thought mostly toys and games. My veedee is so far running good, but will be careful for the battery or os freeze part. Does kindle hd support appstore? But answer me this, if we are preferring local service center enabled companies then how will we get our kindle serviced? I think asus can support nexus even if they are imported ones.

yes you can ship other AV items if amazon vendor ships ..
i added a 3d projector and shipping was fully free :)

It is understood,minor glitches can be fixed in metros.
Isn't it better to buy a nice piece of hardware for same money.
Yes the app loading is just tricky but it supports android apps How To Install Apps - How To Run Almost Any Android App On the Kindle Fire | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I have the NXG X10 tab from nxgelectronics, Pune. It works just fine and am happy with it. These cheap tablets seriously do provide a good alternative.

Has anyone used the tablet as transport and paired with external DAC via USB?

Good question! Been thinking about that myself. Especially if one could run (theoretically) XBMC for Android/ any good player program on it.. would be very interesting indeed.

Cheers!

Has anyone used the tablet as transport and paired with external DAC via USB?

Though not a tablet, I have coupled Ricomagic MK802 II based mini "thumb" PCs with DAC. They have somehow enabled the SPDIF interface, and you have to select it in audio settings. It is working great.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back