Does cheap android tablets work?

I guess then Nexus 7 is out of my scope then. I do want to have 3G connectivity on the go at some times when mobile wifi is not always possible since it drains out mobile battery as well fast

more or less leaning towards buying either of
1. Veedee D13 for 4990

OR 2. Veedee E10 for 5490 (double RAM and more inbuilt flash memory and HDMI out)

Veedee is selling this at 9900 at ebay and 5490 on its on website. Isn't that cheesy? I am inclined towards this model. If it works ok for 1 year..then maybe I will upgrade to Galaxy 8 or 9!

I guess then Nexus 7 is out of my scope then. I do want to have 3G connectivity on the go at some times when mobile wifi is not always possible since it drains out mobile battery as well fast

I don't think you will get inbuilt 3G on any of these tablets. Even Apple charges are huge premium for their 3G iPads.

Most of the ad listing outright lie about 3G. For example, if you look at BSNL Penta, the heading says 8GB Internal + 3G

However, if you read the specs, it doesn't say 3G anywhere.

However, it does say USB dongle for internet access is supported, so that might work - but in any case, very very few tablets, even the high-end ones, come with inbuilt 3G.

@asliarun, yes you are right but the point of not having a usb for future 3G dongle compatibility is the bottleneck for nexus. I cannot give it to a family member who does not have a mobile that can emit a wifi hotspot.

@arnprasad, that difference is not cheesy, cheap business trick, veedeedirect seller has recently increased the price so that people in their obvious zeal of googling will hit veedeedirect site. If you look closely at the seller feebacks eBay Feedback Profile for veedeedirect then you will notice that they have historically sold veedee e10 at 5690 only. None have purchased at 9990 which is the advertised MRP.

@arnprasad, that difference is not cheesy, cheap business trick, veedeedirect seller has recently increased the price so that people in their obvious zeal of googling will hit veedeedirect site. If you look closely at the seller feebacks eBay Feedback Profile for veedeedirect then you will notice that they have historically sold veedee e10 at 5690 only. None have purchased at 9990 which is the advertised MRP.

Thanks - but what if someone is not smart enough or is in a hurry to buy and directly buys at 9990 - may be very rare but its not professional since if you read the blog on veedee he goes on and on being fair and professional and all that. I anyway ordered it yesterday night - its for my mom and kids so hopefully it wont be a disappointment

Thanks - but what if someone is not smart enough or is in a hurry to buy and directly buys at 9990 - may be very rare but its not professional since if you read the blog on veedee he goes on and on being fair and professional and all that. I anyway ordered it yesterday night - its for my mom and kids so hopefully it wont be a disappointment

confirmed from them today over email that skype video calling works and android market is supported. Will be going for E10.

confirmed from them today over email that skype video calling works and android market is supported. Will be going for E10.

No stock till 15th....expected delivery nearer to 20th. So I cancelled. Skype I believe is crappy due to the bad camera. However they have also mentioned that one can update to Jellybean shortly. Except GPS and Bluetooth this seems to have most of the other bells and whistles. Although not sure how they all work. for basic browsing and accessing apps should be Ok. Any idea if it will output 3d video thru HDMI? that would be of some use to me

Last edited:

Its not that you would be using the tab all the time while on the go. Usually its like when you are sitting someplace waiting, or during a casual coffee out. I switch on my tethering only then. Rest all the time its switched off, so battery is conserved. With a moderate use of both my mobile wifi and hotspot I manage 9-10 hours, which is decent enough. Else you do get chances to charge like in your car etc. I as a backup also have bought a carry in battery pack (Belkin) which when I know/feel that I would be using the mobile hotspot more than expected, like a train journey, I carry; that gives me a decent 60-70 % extra charge ........

frankly 3G option should not be your deciding factor for a tab as it anyhow comes under premium feature. USB dongle is there but again I would not compromise a TAB quality with its other features to have a USB dongle. I will stick with a quality tab (like Nexus)and built other options for net connectivity on the go ..(like mobile hotspot with an extra battery pack) ..

Just my thought/opinion, nothing else ...

regards
Sammy

Yeah they do work flawlessly, however you may notice the difference in between if you start comparing these lower end tabs with high end tablets like Samsung, HTC, Sony and BB etc. My friend is using Micromax fun book and its working great without any issues so far.

Sylvania/Wespro 10inch tablet is available on timesnow shopping for 6K. The oktoberfest coupon however does not work on this deal

Can you post the link?

I found this one similar

Seventymm.com - Buy Sylvania 10 inch Tablet with 3G - Tablet - Electronics

I would indeed say this seems to be a better deal for 10 inch tablet with wifi n and 3G support and HDMI out. Only low is RAM at 512 MB and OS being Android 2.3 (which may require lower RAM though).

Does anyone own these? Site says 12 months manufacturer warranty, want to find out who owns this import in India so that reliability can be assessed. For Veedee, I think the company is vouching.

^ no mention of capacitive touchscreen. I'd stay away from resistive touchscreens.

Finally placed order for Veedee E10 today on veedee direct. Will post feedback once it arrives , they are shipping only after 15th so should ideally reach me by 20th / 21st OCT. Have not placed order for additional case, want to first see what comes in the box.

Thsi croma tab has lesser RAM for an upgraded OS, but camera is good compared to Veedee E10 but has less in built flash memory. Also no HDMI out.

But I could not find a mention of how long the warranty period is.

collecting a tab because it is cheap?better buy gold with that money.

i will tell you (from my experience,of 8inch samsung tab) ,why

*laptop alternative:never, typing in onscreen kb is real pain when screen is small
it will be difficult to get mouse/hdd working with tab,
next ,word(any real office package) etc are big compromises on tab

*what about only browsing?
touching links looks good practically painful
*ebook reader?
no lcd glare makes it unattractive,also weight,real ebook readers are slim and light

the list will go on and on

yes buy tab for on the move video/web access..mainly if you go by cab/volvo busses ,for limited hd playback,downloader machine, holiday gadget.

buy lowcost tab : make sure it has Hd screen,good ram,hdmi,Otg..goood battery like 4000mah +,dual core is not needed.
dont choose 7incher cos you can carry easily,9 incher also easy to carry..advantage is you can type with both hands.

personally i hate tabs with thicker borders..looks like toy or industrial control panel,

hate china tabs?
remember indian tabs are re-labelled china tab..,

only few like notion ink was majorly designed here

the companies poped up today may close shop tomorrow. many indian tab companies are run by 2-3 guys... tabs markets are getting saturated,so many new firms will close shop soon.

Last edited:
Kaushik, I can see your frustration and not hoping to have much difference when mine comes. But I ordered this not for my collection but to avoid buying a 2nd laptop, would not be doing MS Office docs editing or lot of e-book reading, but this is for emergency when working with a laptop is difficult such as on tours or on bus. Most importantly this is for casual facebook / gmail checking and using it as foobar remote and not meant for lot of typing works.

I got a cheap Chinese tab for 3.5k..

It is working absolutely fine, but i only use it as Photo Frame. It is impossible to do anything else on it, Battery is very bad, touch is extremely bad.

Only thing that impress me is that it runs 24*7 and it is still alive.

Kaushik, I can see your frustration and not hoping to have much difference when mine comes. But I ordered this not for my collection but to avoid buying a 2nd laptop, would not be doing MS Office docs editing or lot of e-book reading, but this is for emergency when working with a laptop is difficult such as on tours or on bus. Most importantly this is for casual facebook / gmail checking and using it as foobar remote and not meant for lot of typing works.
no frustration ...so far, took a galaxy tab from US to explore..sold at same price.
Just helping buyers to clear unreal expectations!!

To check mail on the move also ,u need gprs/3g support
in a 5k tab putting 2k modem is funny.Using android cells wifi tether(many users have it) is the way to go.

AtheK,
if you simply take 'any' chino tab that is expected.po'lly u ave resistive screen.
select some known (wont be super good as samsung/moto) china guys tab like onda,jxd, ainol,cube..etc

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back