DTS X rival to Dolby Atmos

Wasn't aware it was that simple information..
Yup, just marked on the disc and packaging like any other sound format:
transformers_age-of-extinction_dolby_atmos_blu-ray_disc.jpg

Yup, just marked on the disc and packaging like any other sound format:
transformers_age-of-extinction_dolby_atmos_blu-ray_disc.jpg

Thanks.. But i wasn't referring to the logo on the disc label.. What i was looking for was if there would be any track information updated below the logo (have seen this on DVD & BD too)

It just looks like normal track info. Where the audio is normally listed, it says English Dolby Atmos or Hindi Dolby Atmos (or whatever language the soundtrack is in). Same with DTS:X soundtracks. Nothing special about the way it is listed on the packaging.

It just looks like normal track info. Where the audio is normally listed, it says English Dolby Atmos or Hindi Dolby Atmos (or whatever language the soundtrack is in). Same with DTS:X soundtracks. Nothing special about the way it is listed on the packaging.
Yes only the audio codec info will be given like Atmos or DTS X . May be the Bluray forum should list this info for better clarity.
I totally agree too many speakers dont add value. I have already watched jungle book movie in theater with dolby atmos. And again i watched the movie on bluray with DTS HDMA 7.1in my home theater, omg wat a difference. Here comes the best part the sound with dts hd is wat i liked and its a more immersive experience. The dynamics were excellent and really felt how much i missed in the commercial theater that too with dolby atmos. There are lot of details that i was able hear and feel with the dts hd track. I am not a latest 3d sound believer. this bluray again proved it what i actually beleived. Waiting for now you see me 2 and conjuring 2 blurays which seem to have dolby atmos track.

I personally belive auro 3d is better than atmos and dts, for its precised speaker placements that really adds a layer to the sound.

Not much aware abt the recording equipment's used.. But don't the camera support DTS/Dolby if not Auro 3D.. If that is the case, then it should allow DTS X to support wides..

No idea why DTS X didn't support wides...

Do you mean to say the hollywood content is downsized for playback in India ?

I haven't watched any movies in Auro 3D, Dolby Atmos (or) DTS X in theaters... But yet, like the Auro 3D speaker layout than the other formats.. straight & simple.. Just one center ceiling speaker..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Currently i am runnning back surrounds. Am totally satisfied with the current setup even better than the complex atmos setups. Will try later with my unused sony satellites.

Think your AVR supports both Wides & Heights.. Try both if you can.. Wides using the Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo X Cinema and Heights using Audyssey DSX & Dolby PL IIz...

Each time you swap the speaker location, make sure you run the calibration and you may never want to get back to surround back..

Think your AVR supports both Wides & Heights.. Try both if you can.. Wides using the Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo X Cinema and Heights using Audyssey DSX & Dolby PL IIz...

Each time you swap the speaker location, make sure you run the calibration and you may never want to get back to surround back..

Yes it actually supports those formats. Will try it the front heights since i dont have suffecient space for wides. Also my room is very small.

Yes it actually supports those formats. Will try it the front heights since i dont have suffecient space for wides. Also my room is very small.

Don't worry abt room size..For front heights, all you need is space above your fronts.. As high as possible near the ceiling and possibly angled towards you..

My room size is 14 x 11, but i didn't let the room size stop experiencing the matrix channels.. So tried a full 9.0 as my then AVR Onkyo 818, supported both wides & heights..

Yes only the audio codec info will be given like Atmos or DTS X . May be the Bluray forum should list this info for better clarity.

Coming of the DVD age, looking at the cover label to find out if it had DTS & Dolby Digital and moving to BR Rips where you can find the full audio information of a movie track, i assumed that on Atmos (or) DTS :X Discs, some information would be available :eek:hyeah:

This info is on the BR Rips.. Since i look at this info for every movie, was looking for specific keywords like sides, heights for movies with Atmos soundtrack..

6f47bda0dc054cd6abbfdd32ed65768d.jpg

e161a03f63ec50c461ac4cbb48c9c5b4.jpg

This info is on the BR Rips.. Since i look at this info for every movie, was looking for specific keywords like sides, heights for movies with Atmos soundtrack..
That sort of stuff is never listen on the legal discs; just language, codec and number of channels.

6f47bda0dc054cd6abbfdd32ed65768d.jpg

e161a03f63ec50c461ac4cbb48c9c5b4.jpg

Atleast this info is available in BR Rips ,where as in orginal BD you will not get this info.

Atleast this info is available in BR Rips ,where as in orginal BD you will not get this info.

Probably these companies don't want to confuse the consumer revealing details.. So they just keep the logo and basic information.. The disc label logo speaks for itself..

I search for audio codec info when purchasing DVD or Blu-ray through online .. amazon or Flipkart or Snapdeal .But many times no such info will be available .At least they should provide the image of the cover in which the details are written.Even some times it has gone worse with Indian manufacturer .In the cover DTS HDMA will be written whereas the disk contains Dolby digital.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Of the 5 pairs of height locations that Atmos supports, two of those pairs are high up on the walls (the other three pairs are on the ceiling). If you can't put speakers on the ceiling, then you can use the locations high up on the walls and still be within the Atmos spec.

Sorry if this is a dumb question :sad:

In the early days of surround back channel, there was an option in AVR to select if it is 1 speaker (or) 2 speakers connected to surround back.

Applying the same logic to Atmos 10 speaker height location.. Is there an option of just putting one speaker per location ?

No, only in pairs.
[emoji17] ... Since the height location are not channel based, would have been really nice if there was such flexibility, as anyone who is trying to build it needs only 5.2.5 setup and a 10.2 AVR..

But, not allowing single speaker per location, is that a limitation by Atmos/DTS:X (or) is it limited by AVR manufacturer's?

But, not allowing single speaker per location, is that a limitation by Atmos/DTS:X (or) is it limited by AVR manufacturer's?
You can see for yourself, since I posted a diagram earlier in this thread that shows ALL the possible speaker locations for Atmos and DTS:X.

Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks have Wides content.

Those soundtracks are made up of two things: channels and objects. Since there are no Wide channels, it is only audio objects that will be reproduced by the speakers at the Wides locations.

In fact, if you set up a 9.1.2 speaker layout, you'll often find that the Wide speakers are more active than the Height speakers when playing Atmos soundtracks.

Correct. If you use speakers for which there are no channels (e.g., Wides, Heights), then those speakers are fed with audio objects. Most home Atmos soundtracks have more content at the Wides location than overhead.

In the current bunch of AVR from Marantz/Denon/Pioneer/Onkyo, there are no "Wide" speaker output's...

Are there any alternate methods to hook the "Wide's" location in AVR?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back