EBay.in purchase experience - completely cheated

ROBIN LANDANSON

Hello forum members
I was cheated completely by an eBay purchase.
I'm Robin landanson, a 100% feedback buyer since 2011. Yesterday I'd ordered a micromax canvas nitro a311 mobile @ Rs.6800. Within 30 minutes, received a eBay 4 digit pin number to my mobile, immediately a call came from 8896167189 phone number. His speech was in Hindi language, and I couldn't understand. I requested to him if possible please speak in to English. Immediately he handover to another person and he asked to me 4 digit pin for shipping, if don't share, they are going to cancel my order. Immediately I shared pin numbers bcoz all the sites were quoted rs.9000 more. Only this seller quotes rs.6800.

Within 5 minutes I've received a message from eBay, my user name and password completely changed. Suddenly my mind and body depressed, after read this message. Immediately contacted customer care, and a lady shared eBay.com's customer care number. I called there, and I couldn't follow more than 10 minutes. I stopped that conversation bcoz their slang too different to understand. More than 150 rupees deducted from my account.
Immediately I re-set my user name and password. I shocked bcoz all my account details manipulated by the seller bcoz I saw seller's mobile number and called number was same.
He opened a claim in favour of my name, and add a fake tracking number (India post.gov.in AW013777408IN)

Today morning eBay suspended my account. I lost my money. I'm a 100% feedback buyer, still they suspended my account, without asking to me explanation. Reason is their site showing "item received". What can I do in this situation?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Robin.
Well, a thousand times you must have read and heard that DO NOT share your PIN or password but the age old trick of luring with a impossibly low rate has worked. You being an active buyer/seller, how did you fall for this?

BTW, what's the seller feedback percentage and what is his sales volume?

You should write an email to customer support about this. Sometimes writing helps rather than phone call. They should respond back with a complaint number.

Ebay suspended my account, hence I can't send a mail. I'd contacted several times, Customer care persons thinking and saying they can't do anything. I think ebay customer care dept very pathetic. They can track shipping details. Seller send item to his own place. Destination pin code is 284206 (Jhansi UP) air way number AW013777408IN

Robin,
Sorry to hear about this incident. Please make sure that all saved cards on ebay are cancelled and inform the issuing bank about this incident.
You may also approach the police cyber cell if you suspect identity theft.

Cheers,
Raghu

If its paid by. Credit card then please raise a dispute, else talk to bank if they can stop payment etc?

How can I stop the payment? Amount already paid through credit card.

Its easy. Call credit card helpline and tell them to issue chargeback. Tell them its fraud. They will do it immediately.You will get back the money.

The only problem with issuing chargebacks is vendors don't like it. It gives them negative rating. Typically they will close your account if you do chargeback.

But in your case since Ebay already closed your account simply do a chargeback.

Henceforth stick to Amazon, and please setup 2 factor authentication for all your important accounts. I've setup for all banks, Google accounts, Facebook, Paypal, etc. 2FA is absolutely essential these days.

Hello forum members
I was cheated completely by an eBay purchase.
I'm Robin landanson, a 100% feedback buyer since 2011. Yesterday I'd ordered a micromax canvas nitro a311 mobile @ Rs.6800. Within 30 minutes, received a eBay 4 digit pin number to my mobile, immediately a call came from 8896167189 phone number. His speech was in Hindi language, and I couldn't understand. I requested to him if possible please speak in to English. Immediately he handover to another person and he asked to me 4 digit pin for shipping, if don't share, they are going to cancel my order. Immediately I shared pin numbers bcoz all the sites were quoted rs.9000 more. Only this seller quotes rs.6800.

Within 5 minutes I've received a message from eBay, my user name and password completely changed. Suddenly my mind and body depressed, after read this message. Immediately contacted customer care, and a lady shared eBay.com's customer care number. I called there, and I couldn't follow more than 10 minutes. I stopped that conversation bcoz their slang too different to understand. More than 150 rupees deducted from my account.
Immediately I re-set my user name and password. I shocked bcoz all my account details manipulated by the seller bcoz I saw seller's mobile number and called number was same.
He opened a claim in favour of my name, and add a fake tracking number (India post.gov.in AW013777408IN)

Today morning eBay suspended my account. I lost my money. I'm a 100% feedback buyer, still they suspended my account, without asking to me explanation. Reason is their site showing "item received". What can I do in this situation?

It's really sad. Feel bad for you Robin. OLX, Quikr is full of such listings. Now ebay too? Sad affair. Sadly ebay customer support is not helpful. Even I had a bad experience with them (related to a different matter though).

It's really sad. Feel bad for you Robin. OLX, Quikr is full of such listings. Now ebay too? Sad affair. Sadly ebay customer support is not helpful. Even I had a bad experience with them (related to a different matter though).

Whenever this incident happened, immediately I called customer care. Their advice was please call international eBay.com customer care number.
Suddenly I called eBay.com number, but their American slang too difficult to follow. Finally I decided to cut that conversation.
What to say "seller's place is Jhansi (UP)". He booked his article to his own address.

Seller is from Utter Pradesh. My address belongs to Trivandrum (Kerala). My purchase time was 12 pm (22/02/2016). How can anyone or eBay team assume within one hour item can delivered to my Kerala address?

Robin,
I hope you get your money back!
For you, in future and for other FMs also, kindly try to adhere as under:
a. On the Ebay.in, don't buy from any buyer if they have less than 90% feedback.
b. On Ebay.com, anything less than 99% positive feedback is a strict No No!

I did only one transaction with ebay.in and the vendor was a local firm that i can follow-up in case of issues. No problems with that transaction as they had a proper website and i could talk extensively about the product and i could cross-reference their products with other retailers.

Seller is from Utter Pradesh. My address belongs to Trivandrum (Kerala). My purchase time was 12 pm (22/02/2016). How can anyone or eBay team assume within one hour item can delivered to my Kerala address?

I only had 1 chargeback in my life (that too with Ramada hotels) with Visa and every month Visa would send me a statement that the charge has been disputed by me and after 6 months, they closed the case and returned my money.

Never ever ever buy an item that has less than a minimum number of 100 plus orders and a 90+% feedback on ebay. Likewise for aliexpress. Just stop there.
Anyways ebay things have dealer warranty and not manufacturer warranty half the times.
I recollect my colleague ordering an ipod touch on ebay uk many years ago and receiving a wooden block in his mail.. All my ebay purchases have flunked badly so far qualitywise as well.. Baseline avoid ebay and don't get lured to lose it all for some promoted savings. And obviously never share your details with a seller apart from your address

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back