End of My Status As Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this thread as a moderator, and the software is not allowing me to post as ordinary member with the same name. So pardon me if I make posts as Decibel. I don't want to keep harassing the SuperMod about this glitch.

Vinay, coming from you I do take that as a serious compliment. Sam, we did disagree on a few things, but I always considered you to be HFV's resident expert on all things HTPC. I think in time, we all learnt to live together and expand each other's knowledge. That is the greatest strength of HFV. People like you, Vinay, eSanthosh, Srini, Spiro, Anm, Blasto, Asit, Rajiv, and so many others have made HFV such a wonderful place. I just named the people who came to my mind, and I am sure I have left out many other serious contributors. To all of them, my sincere thanks.

I will be contributing my knowledge to HFV is as many ways as I can.

I want to work with a few of you to do things I was not able to do before:

1) Write a FAQ.
2) Collaborate with a few of of you to write decent guides for a number of things - acoustics, setting up systems, power consumption, power conditioning.... etc. I would like these to be eye openers and sticky threads that all new members can read and understand instead of repeating the same questions again and again.
3) Take a lead in the world of digital audio - PC, DAC, files formats, etc.
4) Form a small group where we can help each other write technical articles on all things AV.
5) Write about the advantages of a TT based system with explanations on what MC, MM, platter etc. How to differentiate and appreciate analog sound?
6) Difference between a regular AVR based HT, and a HTiB.
7) Clear the confusion that exists in many people mind on what FullHD is.

We can use something like Google Docs so that the contributions can come pouring in all the time. One of use should take charge, decide when the document is complete, and then post it in HFV. You all have heard of open software. Let us initiate an open technology advisor.

To the hundreds of unnamed contributors of HFV, my sincere thanks.

I am not going anywhere. I have just stopped being a mod, that is all. I will continue to contribute to HFV and advise as many people as I can.

My sincere thanks to all of you.

Cheers. VenkatCR

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Venkat,
I am very sad to see you leave.
I found you to be very patient & understanding , specially with "me".
I guess due to my age, I require "different handling"
U certainly did that.
But my thoughts & prayers & Good Wishes go with you. Prayers I dont know if the present generation believe in?? Since I do , I would like to say "May God be with you". I may sound "square" but who cares.
God Bless You
Thanks again, Suresh

OT - Sureshji, please share some write up on your audiophile journey.
You have a unique setup - I don't think anyone in this forum has a surround system with Magneplanar speakers.

I started this thread as a moderator, and the software is not allowing me to post as ordinary member with the same name. So pardon me if I make posts as Decibel. I don't want to keep harassing the SuperMod about this glitch.

Vinay, coming from you I do take that as a serious compliment. Sam, we did disagree on a few things, but I always considered you to be HFV's resident expert on all things HTPC. I think in time, we all learnt to live together and expand each other's knowledge. That is the greatest strength of HFV. People like you, Vinay, eSanthosh, Srini, Spiro, Anm, Blasto, Asit, Rajiv, and so many others have made HFV such a wonderful place. I just named the people who came to my mind, and I am sure I have left out many other serious contributors. To all of them, my sincere thanks.

I will be contributing my knowledge to HFV is as many ways as I can.

I want to work with a few of you to do things I was not able to do before:

1) Write a FAQ.
2) Collaborate with a few of of you to write decent guides for a number of things - acoustics, setting up systems, power consumption, power conditioning.... etc. I would like these to be eye openers and sticky threads that all new members can read and understand instead of repeating the same questions again and again.
3) Take a lead in the world of digital audio - PC, DAC, files formats, etc.
4) Form a small group where we can help each other write technical articles on all things AV.
5) Write about the advantages of a TT based system with explanations on what MC, MM, platter etc. How to differentiate and appreciate analog sound?
6) Difference between a regular AVR based HT, and a HTiB.
7) Clear the confusion that exists in many people mind on what FullHD is.

We can use something like Google Docs so that the contributions can come pouring in all the time. One of use should take charge, decide when the document is complete, and then post it in HFV. You all have heard of open software. Let us initiate an open technology advisor.

To the hundreds of unnamed contributors of HFV, my sincere thanks.

I am not going anywhere. I have just stopped being a mod, that is all. I will continue to contribute to HFV and advise as many people as I can.

My sincere thanks to all of you.

Cheers. VenkatCR

Hey VenkatCR, you have left out some members who have really contributed to the rise of this esteemed forum. Notable among them are Suri, Soundsgreat, Santhosh, Captrajesh, Linuxguru, Hari Iyer. There are more but these are who I recollect right now.

Just wanted to put the record straight.

Cheers

Gans

Reactions: anm
All the best for your current venture.

I used to pass infront of Decibel showroom in Nungambakkam. So hope I can expect you there now and have some free auditions one day :)

Edit: My bad, it is not Decibels, but Cinebels!

Last edited:
Hey VenkatCR, you have left out some members who have really contributed to the rise of this esteemed forum. Notable among them are Suri, Soundsgreat, Santhosh, Captrajesh, Linuxguru, Hari Iyer. There are more but these are who I recollect right now.

Just wanted to put the record straight.

Cheers

Gans

you can try malvai's DIY method to set the record straight ;)
edit - or was it to clean up the record?

I go away for a few days, and this happens! :eek:

But... seriously... Wishing you all the very best in your new venture with Decibel.

I hope you will continue to contribute to general topics, just as you have done while moderating. :)

As I said, every member has contributed in some way or the other. My sincere thanks to all of them. I am sure there are a number of others.

Thad, see how much your presence is important! You go away for a few days, and I lose my moderator status. :mad: :) Just joking.

Cheers

Hi,

It was a nice experience to share your thoughts in the HFV. Had really good to have you around. All the best in you new en devour.

All the best Venkat-Ji. Hope your new venture is successful! :clapping:

--G0bble

Hai Venkat,
Congratulations on your new assignment. We are allowing U to leave HFC/moderator assignment with heavy heart. All the best.
Raslibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back