Epson TW650 Projector Flicker problem in Eco mode

Spinekar

Epson TW650 which i bought used was working fine until now ( i have used it for around 225 hours in Eco mode and was not used much before i bought according to the seller) has started flicker in Eco mode but works fine in normal mode, i did check on this on google and it seems this is a common problem which goes away by replacing the bulb, below are the links of youtube video which shows what is happening

Flicker in Eco mode

No Flicker in Normal mode

Has anyone else in the forum faced this issue? if so how did you solve it and is it DIYable, if not what are my options in Bangalore to get this sorted

Thanks in Advance
Arun

It is a common issue with most of the lamp based projectors especially dear Epson. I will suggest using it on normal mode. I understand it is pretty bright on normal mode. Try reducing the brightness to reduce the intensity.

You can also run it for some hours in normal mode and switch back to eco mode, but again the flicker will come back after some hours.

I know it is sad, but unfortunately this is how it works. I use Epsons. Never used Eco mode. They will run for almost 3000 hours in normal mode though it is better to change the bulb by 2700- 2800 hours. And the replacement bulbs aren't expensive.

Hope this helps.

It is a common issue with most of the lamp based projectors especially dear Epson. I will suggest using it on normal mode. I understand it is pretty bright on normal mode. Try reducing the brightness to reduce the intensity.

You can also run it for some hours in normal mode and switch back to eco mode, but again the flicker will come back after some hours.

I know it is sad, but unfortunately this is how it works. I use Epsons. Never used Eco mode. They will run for almost 3000 hours in normal mode though it is better to change the bulb by 2700- 2800 hours. And the replacement bulbs aren't expensive.

Hope this helps.
As of now it is running in normal mode ( too bright)
do you buy the bulb assembly unit or just the bulb and replace it in the unit?
and where do you pick it up in bangalore

It depends. You can change just the bulb or the lamp (assembly). They say it is better to change the lamp (assembly) than just the bulb. Always consider genuine ones. Epson genuine lamps aren't that expensive.

You can get one through the official dealers. It can be replaced by ourselves or leave it to the technician.

Edit: check the filter too. Dust is a problem.

It depends. You can change just the bulb or the lamp (assembly). They say it is better to change the lamp (assembly) than just the bulb. Always consider genuine ones. Epson genuine lamps aren't that expensive.

You can get one through the official dealers. It can be replaced by ourselves or leave it to the technician.

Edit: check the filter too. Dust is a problem.
The lamp housing costs a whole lot more than a bare bulb. I think the procedure of changing a bulb ( without housing ) can be a bit more challenging than changing the housing. Apart from this i dont see any other reason to change the whole lamp assembly.
If there is any other reason let us know.

does anyone have an idea as to how much the cost is of the housing with lamp and only the bare lamp from authorised epson?

The lamp housing costs a whole lot more than a bare bulb. I think the procedure of changing a bulb ( without housing ) can be a bit more challenging than changing the housing. Apart from this i dont see any other reason to change the whole lamp assembly.
If there is any other reason let us know.
Yes. They cost a bit more. Some bulbs just explode leaving debris. Most OEMs don't. Just changing the bulb alone will be sufficient.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back