FALD Tv price/quote thread

You have 3 posts in different threads all asking the same question.
Are you against tvs being assembled in india?
There is no problem if a tv is assembled in india. Big companies like sony and samsung follow the same SOPs/ technology for manufacturing (read assembling) as in some other country. Indian assembled tv will be no less than the one assembled in vietnam.

I don't have any issue if it's manufactured in India. I just want to know because these TV prices are too high vs those outside India. And hope that soon it will come lower if it is made in India and does not attract 20% more tax from Govt for importing full TV and other benefits . If these are already made in India, then there is no hope for that. I know that most of the time these luxury electronics are priced high in India, but maybe it can be less like mobile phones.
Don't feel at all to buy at current prices in my budget, the cheaper ones I'm afraid might also be worse than my old Samsung IPS

I don't have any issue if it's manufactured in India. I just want to know because these TV prices are too high vs those outside India. And hope that soon it will come lower if it is made in India and does not attract 20% more tax from Govt for importing full TV and other benefits . If these are already made in India, then there is no hope for that. I know that most of the time these luxury electronics are priced high in India, but maybe it can be less like mobile phones.
Don't feel at all to buy at current prices in my budget, the cheaper ones I'm afraid might also be worse than my old Samsung IPS
All these Tvs are assembled in India, not manufactured. (Except maybe onida)
Panels cost at least 50% and are imported with duties.
That increases the price.

Yes. No cost emi
One of my friend has been charged Interest on the EMIs in respect of Sony Cash Back offer (ICICI Credit Card). Please cross check with your Credit Statement/EMI Statement. I cnnot find any where written as "No Cost Emi" on sonys website. They have mentioned "Low Cost" which is pointless. I think sellers are misleading customers to boost sale. Anyhow the cashback will cover the interest and still there will be some saving. But it appears these EMIs are not no cost.

Last edited:
Each card works differently. For no cost emi
One of my friend has been charged Interest on the EMIs in respect of Sony Cash Back offer (ICICI Credit Card). Please cross check with your Credit Statement/EMI Statement. I cnnot find any where written as "No Cost Emi" on sonys website. They have mentioned "Low Cost" which is pointless. I think sellers are misleading customers to boost sale. Anyhow the cashback will cover the interest and still there will be some saving. But it appears these EMIs are not no cost.
Some cards like HDFC adjusts the principal amount to lower value to make it no cost to consumer. For cards like standard chartered they provide the interest for entire tenure as cashback post 60-90 days. I believe you can figure this out by looking at the charge slip which should make it clear how your interest will be made zero cost. I would advise your friend to double check this.

I will check once my statement comes next month. He had explained me the mechanism where the cashback gets adjusted in 4th emi and interest gets reversed etc. Interest amount was approx 5K for 6 mths and with the overall deal I just thought I will believe the sales guys word.

As per the Amortization Schedule they have charged interest , GST over top of the swiped amount ( 3.7K interest + 0.66K GST). You mean to say that interest also will be reversed later in subsequent months of payments ? The schedule does not say about such thing but then it does not say about the cashback also. Lets see.

Every bank has a different system with regards to no cost emi. HDFC bank simply reduces the principal amount to make principal amount + interest = the amount you have swiped the card for.

Icici bank on the other hand charges interest normally and gives the interest amount back as extra cashback (on top of the offer cashback you are getting)

Regarding No Cost EMI, The charge slip shows everything. Read it carefully. Its No cost except for GST on the interest that is payable extra.
This GST is not charged in debit card EMI.

Note - Always keep a pic of chargeslip in the phone & the chargeslip ofcourse , sometimes cashbacks get stuck and you will need it.

All these Tvs are assembled in India, not manufactured. (Except maybe onida)
Panels cost at least 50% and are imported with duties.
That increases the price.
Doesn't the fully assembled TV attract 20% tax and panel only 5% (started only recently I think). Here Samsung says they will only restart production in December (which I think means assembly only, as panel is not made in India). I didn't follow TV prices before these taxes and the increase in GST happened so I don't know how they priced it till then

Installed my Sony 65X90H yesterday and spent some time tinkering with it. 4K content looks amazing (Blu Ray, You Tube, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc). I somehow think that Netflix from Tv native app looks much better & also can do Dolby Vision. My Nvidia Shield and AVR are older versions so cant do Dolby vision. Digital content from NAS looks great for 4K and nice for 1080p but also dependent on the file. Custom mode with medium settings for most features was best for me. Dolby Vision bright for Netflix DV content.

Anything below 1080p is a problem and the upscaling is just ok but not enjoyable.

Somehow Hotstar & Sony Liv streaming doesn't look great. I guess their signal is too compressed (especially live news) because i have a 100 mbps broadband and Netflix / Amazon on same connection using Nvidia Shield looks amazing. So got to be these 2 streaming services issue. Don't have cable tv so cant know if that's better.

Gaming is great in HDR but will know more after getting the X Box Series X in early next year, which is why I bought this Tv for HDMI 2.1

So if you are looking for great upscaling I think the Sony X95G from 2019 should be better as many members and reviews have pointed out. Also there seems to be slight issue of banding in some content other than 4K, so again maybe an upscaling issue. I had read it in a review and so maybe my brain is searching for it !!

Overall for 135K its a good TV set in 65 inches. Movies was not my focus as I watch them on a projector so I didn't go the OLED route, also not sure how well they upscale content below 1080p.

Thanks to all the members who gave advice, shared pricing etc before this purchase. So thought of sharing the initial ownership review.

Yes i think comes down processor , sony X900h comes with standard x1 chip n x950g has ultimate chip so much better upscaling capabilities

Installed my Sony 65X90H yesterday and spent some time tinkering with it. 4K content looks amazing (Blu Ray, You Tube, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc). I somehow think that Netflix from Tv native app looks much better & also can do Dolby Vision. My Nvidia Shield and AVR are older versions so cant do Dolby vision. Digital content from NAS looks great for 4K and nice for 1080p but also dependent on the file. Custom mode with medium settings for most features was best for me. Dolby Vision bright for Netflix DV content.

Anything below 1080p is a problem and the upscaling is just ok but not enjoyable.

Somehow Hotstar & Sony Liv streaming doesn't look great. I guess their signal is too compressed (especially live news) because i have a 100 mbps broadband and Netflix / Amazon on same connection using Nvidia Shield looks amazing. So got to be these 2 streaming services issue. Don't have cable tv so cant know if that's better.

Gaming is great in HDR but will know more after getting the X Box Series X in early next year, which is why I bought this Tv for HDMI 2.1

So if you are looking for great upscaling I think the Sony X95G from 2019 should be better as many members and reviews have pointed out. Also there seems to be slight issue of banding in some content other than 4K, so again maybe an upscaling issue. I had read it in a review and so maybe my brain is searching for it !!

Overall for 135K its a good TV set in 65 inches. Movies was not my focus as I watch them on a projector so I didn't go the OLED route, also not sure how well they upscale content below 1080p.

Thanks to all the members who gave advice, shared pricing etc before this purchase. So thought of sharing the initial ownership review.

Hi,
Since you have nVidea shield, why not upscale <1080p signals using that and send it as 4k signal to the tv? Iam sure there is some setting for that.
Always wondered how crappy hotstar signals look with nVidea shield processing. Can you try the above and compare with the TV's inbuilt player and post it here?

Hi,
Since you have nVidea shield, why not upscale <1080p signals using that and send it as 4k signal to the tv? Iam sure there is some setting for that.
Always wondered how crappy hotstar signals look with nVidea shield processing. Can you try the above and compare with the TV's inbuilt player and post it here?
I have the Shield 2017 which doesn't have upscaling. The Shield 2019 has AI upscaling. Will need to upgrade to that once Amazon US can ship or I travel. I am upscaling via my Denon X2300 but that too is old model. Will change to X3700 once the HDMI chip issue is sorted it, hopefully soon !!
Maybe I will try Bypassing the AVR by direct to TV
Have also changed to Honeywell HDMI 2.1 cables during installation, don't know if that distorts for non 2.1 AVR ?
I do think TV hotstar does better but can be my eyes !!

I just got my Sony 55X90H installed. Costed me 94k after all the discounts and cashbacks.

Anyone know if India region has got the update for eARC yet?

Last edited:
I just got my Sony 55X90H installed. Costed me 94k after all the discounts and cashbacks.

No that update is not yet out for indian units.

Did you get only the 6000 cashback? There is also 15000 cashback offer. I got it last week with 15k cashback.

Firstly, are the updates made based on region selection in the tv?
Meaning, if we select US, we get updates plus additional content?
Anyine know what is region selection used for?

No that update is not yet out for indian units.

Did you get only the 6000 cashback? There is also 15000 cashback offer. I got it last week with 15k cashback.
How did you get 15K cashback offer... which mode (Credit card or no cost EMI or Loan)... we would like to explore

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back