FALD Tv price/quote thread

Thank you 'goelkun' ., Your calculations helped me negotiate. Just finalized the deal and purchased @ 135 after cashback and everything. Had to do 6 mths EMI to get 15K cashback, not on full swipe. Cashback will adjust in 4th EMI. Headphone free. Finally the hunt ends...

Also really appreciate the members & this forum. Our discussions help each other to get the best deals. Glad to be a part of this !!

Sure, please update it here.

A friend of mine in Blore is looking for a x9000H as well. I can then ask him to go to a local RD and ask for the same.
I bought it from a different local shop and not reliance digitial. They were not sure of the minimum transaction amount to get the cashback so they charged me 1.05L on card and gave me rest of the money back as actual cash. Chain stores like reliance digital and croma can't give such discounts because they are employees not owners.

I got a very good deal I think 97500 for the TV - 15000 cashback = 82500 ! (with 1+1 warranty and free headphones-sony ch510)

The card machine slip/receipt mentions 15% cashback upto 15000.

The shop is in east delhi, if anyone wants shop information feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Thank you 'goelkun' ., Your calculations helped me negotiate. Just finalized the deal and purchased @ 135 after cashback and everything. Had to do 6 mths EMI to get 15K cashback, not on full swipe. Cashback will adjust in 4th EMI. Headphone free. Finally the hunt ends...
Glad I could help, you got a great deal it seems (even better than the double 5% discount). I booked mine (55inch) also today (I also got better than double 5% but not at official dealership).

Was it a local shop or official sony store/ chain store like croma or reliance digital? I want to know how true this double 5% discount thing is or do official dealers have even more wiggle room.

Glad I could help, you got a great deal it seems (even better than the double 5% discount). I booked mine (55inch) also today (I also got better than double 5% but not at official dealership).

Was it a local shop or official sony store/ chain store like croma or reliance digital? I want to know how true this double 5% discount thing is or do official dealers have even more wiggle room.
I got it at Kohinoor Electronics - Kandivali / Borivali West (Poisar) in Mumbai. Great sales guy called Ravi, very helpful. If anyone in Mumbai is looking for the deal they can go meet him !
Out of courtesy (and hope for better deal !!), I did call Croma sales guy if he would want to slightly better the deal and take the order, since I had first demoed with him and he kept in regular touch. But he said best he can do was the 146500. I think its the large corporate margin expectations that makes Croma want higher margins ?

@135 for which tv bro? Also how much did they bill you for?

I think it's 5% over whatever is being quoted on shopatsc, checks out.

sony has atrocious pricing in india.In usa 65 X900H is available for 999 usd.in india its still 2 times even with cashback n other stuff.

sony has atrocious pricing in india.In usa 65 X900H is available for 999 usd.in india its still 2 times even with cashback n other stuff.
Thats the heart breaking part even compare what tcl gives us here garbage compared to tcl 6 series with mini led back lighting technology that too under 1000$

@135 for which tv bro? Also how much did they bill you for?

I think it's 5% over whatever is being quoted on shopatsc, checks out.
Billed amount is 150k in 6 months emi on card. 4th month emi will be reduced by 15k of the cashback. So net 135k price

are the EMIs No Cost?

Samsung has even worse pricing in India in 2020.
Samsung's are gods. They innovate only in technology not currently available like 8k and 2000nits and 85" as though they have perfect products for lesser technology like 4k. They just survive not by innovation but by moving the goalposts to wherever no one bothers to go because it is meaningless.
India is not a market for them. This poor nation can only afford their edge lit small screen crap so they cannot be bothered. They can continue selling 3 year old edgelits by renaming them inflating the series number and prices and still people fall for that. They will continue to do so until people assign higher brand value by reading top end FALD reviews from US sites and think somehow their lower end tvs are superior to competetion.
Hopefully Hisense and TCL show them their place in the coming years.

@goelkun @Rjoshi Thank to you both for providing the details.
Today, I bought 55X90H for 96k - (15% upto 15k cashback) = 81.6k
My cousin bought 65X90H for 1.48L - 15k (cashback) = 1.33L

No cost, 6 month HDFC EMIs, cashback mentioned on the charge-slips.

I think we scored a great price. DM me if anyone wants the store details. Although, I think Dussehra might have been the day for best prices from their side.

Samsung's are gods. They innovate only in technology not currently available like 8k and 2000nits and 85" as though they have perfect products for lesser technology like 4k. They just survive not by innovation but by moving the goalposts to wherever no one bothers to go because it is meaningless.
India is not a market for them. This poor nation can only afford their edge lit small screen crap so they cannot be bothered. They can continue selling 3 year old edgelits by renaming them inflating the series number and prices and still people fall for that. They will continue to do so until people assign higher brand value by reading top end FALD reviews from US sites and think somehow their lower end tvs are superior to competetion.
Hopefully Hisense and TCL show them their place in the coming years.
Absolutely. This year's QLEDs are step down from last year. Similar prices to an OLED !!. other than Q90 all below models picture quality was quite standard and surely nowhere near oled to give that price. That's why I finally decided to find an inbetween with X90H. Still higher priced but I found it ok for money after discount, with fald + hdmi 2.1 . No other hdmi 2.1 tv in this range !!

I think Samsung Frame's price/$ is ok. Are the higher end Sony's assembled in India? Just searched and found this their head of sales says that 99% of bravia are made in India, but could just mean 99% are cheap craps

I think Samsung Frame's price/$ is ok. Are the higher end Sony's assembled in India? Just searched and found this their head of sales says that 99% of bravia are made in India, but could just mean 99% are cheap craps

You have 3 posts in different threads all asking the same question.
Are you against tvs being assembled in india?

There is no problem if a tv is assembled in india. Big companies like sony and samsung follow the same SOPs/ technology for manufacturing (read assembling) as in some other country. Indian assembled tv will be no less than the one assembled in vietnam.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back