FALD Tv price/quote thread

Thanks lightgamer and homur. These are indeed fantastic inputs, very well structured and clearly communicated. From this feedback, it seems clear that the 950G is a clear winner for watching HDR content and even upscaling normal content. Given the fact that I am yet to begin my gaming journey, I doubt that either me and my 7 year old will be able to greatly appreciate the hdmi 2.1 feature and linked content in gaming. For all you know I may not even buy the PS5 next year. Also as I understand that there will not be any significant change in pucture quality for HDR content through OTT through HDMI 2.1 set up. Hope my understanding is correct?

Therefore I think that I should make my choice basis my current use (Netflix, YouTube and DTH) and not what I may or may not do in future.

Homur thanks for sharing the video review by HDTVTest. I had seen it earlier but watched it again now. His analysis on the low dimming zones etc. supports the analysis in the shortcomings in HDR picture quality. So I guess it is back to the 95G then. I will sleep over it and hope when I wake up my thought process remains the unchanged.

Meanwhile please feel free to throw in any more advise.

Thank again for these great replies. Very well put together:)
Please see my initial reactions on the 950G ,herehttps://www.hifivision.com/threads/samsung-panel-replacement-vs-sony-55-vs-vu-65.80623/page-3#post-896143

Please see my initial reactions on the 950G ,herehttps://www.hifivision.com/threads/samsung-panel-replacement-vs-sony-55-vs-vu-65.80623/page-3#post-896143
Please mention your purchase price here,so that it will help other members who are thinking of buying this tv

Update:Just read that you had credit note.Sorry i missed that before.anyways congrats for new tv.

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on availability of x950g near diwali. 65inch is currently being sold at the lowest price ever and i have heard that those are 2020 manufactured units. Will it be replaced with higher prices x950h/ run out of stock or will it continue to be available near diwali. Actually i am looking for 75x900h (if they release it in India). That is the only FALD 75 which may fall in my budget if released at a reasonable price in India. If not i may get settled with 65x950g given its current price to value. But availability is a big question.

65x9500g is available on Chroma online for 1.5L with free wireless headphones which is around 18k on Amazon :)
You can use this info to get even better deal locally.

Last edited:
But availability is a big question.

I am confident that 65x950G will be available till diwali. I am also confident that 75x90H will not be. Sony will keep 75in at x80H, x95G and x95H level only. TV techs are not that revolutionary as that of phone. TVs keep relying on FALD, 2.1, dmming zones, HDR and gaming, and those tech are at the available level for last 2-3 years anyway.

I am confident that 65x950G will be available till diwali. I am also confident that 75x90H will not be. Sony will keep 75in at x80H, x95G and x95H level only. TV techs are not that revolutionary as that of phone. TVs keep relying on FALD, 2.1, dmming zones, HDR and gaming, and those tech are at the available level for last 2-3 years anyway.
Indian market is being treated as second grade where tv companies do not release all their products. We all have seen recent hyped launches of tcl and hisense which released their step down/outdated tvs in India which no body would bother to even look at in other countries. Plus It is disheartening to see such a price gap between indian and western TV market and the difference is astoundingly high at larger sized tvs. Only pricing which justify its value in India as on date is of x950g 65. The search for a good 75 inch tv is leading no where and x90h 75 is the last option to look at provided it gets launched in India. But seeing the current senario where demand is falling sony like any other brand may play safe and not release it india. One more month and we will get to know.

65x9500g is available on Chroma online for 1.5L with free wireless headphones which is around 18k on Amazon :)

Sweet deal. A home theater would would have been better though. May be in diwali sale :)

What if we don't want the headphones. Will they provide the same amount of discount or there's no such option?

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on availability of x950g near diwali. 65inch is currently being sold at the lowest price ever and i have heard that those are 2020 manufactured units. Will it be replaced with higher prices x950h/ run out of stock or will it continue to be available near diwali. Actually i am looking for 75x900h (if they release it in India). That is the only FALD 75 which may fall in my budget if released at a reasonable price in India. If not i may get settled with 65x950g given its current price to value. But availability is a big question.
My unit of 55x950g received last week was assembled in August 2020 if that helps.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back