FALD Tv price/quote thread

Hey guys, off topic but related to the purchase. Since the sale season is coming why not make a thread on setting changes that can be done in the showroom so as to get a realistic comparison between different TVs. These TV's have different modes so a manual could be useful
Also timestamps of movies and series could be provided when it comes to motion handling, black crush,blooming, contrast and other parameters could be given so as to make it easy for a buyer to check between two or more TV's side by side... I am sure if enough people contribute there could be a corpus of material that can be readily used by everyone.? What do you guys think?

What I hate about sony is their pricing.
I hate their moves in India despite my love towards their products.
They are dumping all the products with outrageous pricing
If you compare with samsung, the pricing of sony appears to be better. X95g/x90h costs much lesser than q90t/q80t. But in general all tv companies sell their products at much higher rates than in western market. Higher duties/taxes and lack of demand in premium/mid range tvs adds up for the difference in pricing. If you compare top tvs of top three brands (non oleds), sony give better vfm.

Sony X9500G is back in stock after a long time on amazon priced at 1.5 lacs with 0% emi options available will take the final call once toshiba U8080 is launched
You could get even better deals offline.
Or else if you have Amazon card then you could get straight away 5% flat discount.
But I would recommend you to wait for x950h.
The prices could go even cheaper if you could wait.

Just on curiosity i googled neighbouring countries sony site and came across sony pakistan. As can be seen from sony pakistan site, sony has released all the models of x90h and x95h and thereby provided the customers "right to choose right product for their need". But in a bigger country with better economy they chose not to give the right. I can not comprehend what holded sony india from releasing all its tv range in India when the same is very much available in the neigbouring countries. So, if some one is looking for a 65 inch, as per sony india, you either by ips panel x80h or last year model x95g but we will not give you this year model x95h. Similarly if someone is looking for 75, once should either buy ips panel or should be filthy rich to spend 4.5 lakh on x95h, but sony will not give x90h. Whereas each and every model is available in neighbouring countries.

Last edited:
Just on curiosity i googled neighbouring countries sony site and came across sony pakistan. As can be seen from sony pakistan site, sony has released all the models of x90h and x95h and thereby provided the customers "right to choose right product for their need". But in a bigger country with better economy they chose not to give the right. I can not comprehend what holded sony india from releasing all its tv range in India when the same is very much available in the neigbouring countries. So, if some one is looking for a 65 inch, as per sony india, you either by ips panel x80h or last year model x95g but we will not give you this year model x95h. Similarly if someone is looking for 75, once should either buy ips panel or should be filthy rich to spend 4.5 lakh on x95h, but sony will not give x90h. Whereas each and every model is available in neighbouring countries.
Correct me if I am wrong, i think sony imports TV's in Pakistan, so it can import any model anytime. But in india assembling is important to keep price competitive so sony might be concentrating only on a few models

Correct me if I am wrong, i think sony imports TV's in Pakistan, so it can import any model anytime. But in india assembling is important to keep price competitive so sony might be concentrating only on a few models
But the question still remains the same why not assemble all the models and make them available like in other countries. If sony can import assembled TVs in pakistan why not components for assembly in India. If samsung and lg can do that, why not sony?

Was waiting to buy x95g 65" since few weeks but was not able to due to its unavailability . So today contacted Sony centre and Reliance Digital in my area (Patna, Bihar). X9500G 65" is still out of stock everywhere ( whereas the 55" is available everywhere)... Interestingly, both of them said that the 65 inch and above version has been discontinued and will be replaced with the new 2020 x9500h very soon. Got a price hint of ~180K (selling price) in RD ( currently no stock available in their warehouse ) and Sony Centre guy told that they'll be bringing the x95H stocks very soon in the store in next few days then only they can disclose the price... Let's see.

sony has released all the models of x90h and x95h

Sony Pakistan page just lists all the available models for that series, doesn't indicate launch or availability. If you click on buy, it redirects you to local stores and they don't have any in stock. Infact, I couldn't find any 2020 model in any of the online stores (except 55x950H for 104k INR) of Pakistan, they still have E and F series TVs listed which are 2-3 years old.

I also noticed that Sony TV prices in Pakistan are lower than that of India - example, 65x950G is 158k in India, whereas its 142k in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back