Finally decided on buying a LCD TV , a bit HELP needed :-)

Karanboochra

Finally decided on buying a LCD TV
Hey guys..As most of you know , i was about to buy a LCD monitor...But changed my decision and am finally buying a LCD TV..

My budget is 22-24k..and i am keen on getting a 32" TV...
Panasonic Viera C8 32" fits in my budget ( 22.8k ) and it's HD ready ..But it DOESN'T have a HDMI INPUT..

I am gonna use the TV for Gaming ( XBOX 360 ) , DVD Movies ( HD RIPS, 700MB movies ) and some Tata Sky..
My 360 doesn't have a HDMI Input...

I want to ask that IS there gonna be a problem? I mean , TV without HDMI Input? Or is IT OK ?
I heard someone telling me that there are HDMI to DVI Converters ...So is it OK? I mean can I play HD Content with these?

Please help guys.. :)

But I can use a HDMI to DVI converter right??

Also If i want to play HD RIPS ( @ 720p ) on my LCD , how can i play them? If i buy a normal DVD player with USB support and put the HD RIPS in the USB , can i play the HD RIPS @ 720p?

Its ideal to buy TVs with mutiple HDMI inputs. But if budget is a real problem then you can still survive:)

I assume this particular Panasonic model that you are referring has DVI input. If, yes you can watch HD (upto 720p) content as there are HDMI>DVI cables available. MX brand costs approx Rs. 400. HDMI>DVI converter costs about Rs. 100. Please keep in mind that DVI cannot carry audio.

What happens in future when you have more sources with HDMI outputs? Well you can go for HDMI splitter box with remote. MX makes them too. I think it costs about 3-4K. I am not sure.

I am not sure but I very much doubt the Panasonic Viera C8 32" has DVI input. I think it has option to connect via D-Sub. Correct me if I am wrong...

Well yes...It DOES NOT have DVI INPUT :p lol

Quote from Panasonic Website -

" Smart Networking

# AV IN
# PC Input
# S-Video IN
# Component IN "

Damn..I am going for the Samsung 3 Series 32" TV..With 2 HDMI Inputs and 2 Component Inputs ;)

But the thing is , it has 8 ms response time... Would it be good for Gaming? I mean, would it LAG or something?

Hey guys..
I am very confused on which LCD TV to buy....

So here goes --
The main purpose of the LCD TV would be -
Gaming on XBOX 360
Watching DVD Movies and some HD RIPS
and Some Tata Sky ;)

Samsung - I know that Samsung is the best in Picture Quality ..I was about to buy the Samsung 3 Series 32" TV but the only thing which stopped me from buying it was the Response Time - 8ms .
As my main purpose of buying the TV is GAMING, i am a bit worried about the LAG while gaming ( INPUT LAG ) .

I have heard a lot from the people that Samsung LCD's have MAJOR input lag etc etc..
Is it actually true? Is the lag THAT bad? :sad:

Panasonic X9
This is a good set and most importantly , VFM.
I guess it's response time is 4ms so it's good for gaming too..
It's drawback is that it can't play 24frames/per second movies so that would stop me from playing ALL the movies which are 24f/s .

Please help me decide on which one to buy?
I am keen on getting the Samsung without any doubt , but I am just worried about the LAG while gaming..If it's not present or can be eliminated by GAME MODE, then Samsung wins HANDS-ON! :eek:hyeah:

Thanks a lot guys for taking out time and reading :)

Finally decided on buying a LCD TV
Hey guys..As most of you know , i was about to buy a LCD monitor...But changed my decision and am finally buying a LCD TV..

My budget is 22-24k..and i am keen on getting a 32" TV...
Panasonic Viera C8 32" fits in my budget ( 22.8k ) and it's HD ready ..But it DOESN'T have a HDMI INPUT..

I am gonna use the TV for Gaming ( XBOX 360 ) , DVD Movies ( HD RIPS, 700MB movies ) and some Tata Sky..
My 360 doesn't have a HDMI Input...

I want to ask that IS there gonna be a problem? I mean , TV without HDMI Input? Or is IT OK ?
I heard someone telling me that there are HDMI to DVI Converters ...So is it OK? I mean can I play HD Content with these?

Please help guys.. :)

For 720P or 1080i component video will also do. HDMI is only a convenience for this resolution. Nothing wrong in using component. Not sure why you need a HDMI - DVI converter? If for some reason you need then there are cables as well as adapters that do the same job.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back