Floor Standing Speakers under 25k

You can consider the Polks RtiA 3 which gives out decent bass...sub not really required.

At my moms place...there is a SR6008 hooked to a pair of Dali Z3 Bookshelfs and the music sounds great...no sub used at all......its all about placement and the type of speakers used and what frequencies they can deliver.

You can consider the Polks RtiA 3 which gives out decent bass...sub not really required.

At my moms place...there is a SR6008 hooked to a pair of Dali Z3 Bookshelfs and the music sounds great...no sub used at all......its all about placement and the type of speakers used and what frequencies they can deliver.
I did try this today in their demo room(profx). These speakers are really good, but after turning of the sub , i felt there is something missing.Not that adequate without sub:(. May be I have a bad years or the demo room

As you said, I auditioned some of their(profx shop) bookshelf speakers(polk audio,KEF). They sound awesome, really like your idea. But the only problem is I have to connect a sub-woofer. Coz Bookshelf speakers have no bass driver, only mid and tweeter and I don't want to add a sub for music listening.
So Floor standing speakers are the only option to me.:(

What sort of music do you listen to ?

For most music, bookshelf speakers are excellent. At the same price point, a bookshelf speaker will probably provide better performance that FS.

You need to pair a sub only if you want techno / trance etc with a pounding base line. And for that sort of music, you will need a sub anyway, whether its BS or FS.

Just my personal opinion.

What sort of music do you listen to ?

For most music, bookshelf speakers are excellent. At the same price point, a bookshelf speaker will probably provide better performance that FS.

You need to pair a sub only if you want techno / trance etc with a pounding base line. And for that sort of music, you will need a sub anyway, whether its BS or FS.

Just my personal opinion.
I listen all kind of Music But I prefer Pop,Techno, Rock.
I tested around 6 speakers(Polk Audio tsx330t,RTi A3 and A5, KEF Q and R series) at their demo room. Trust me without sub there is significant difference between Polk Audio's Bookshelf and Floor-standing, But KEF's Bookshelf speakers are really good even without sub.

As an ex owner of the NS 8390's, I would say go for it. I has bought it from Reliance Digital for about 18000 in 2015 and auditioned it against The Pioneer AJ floor standers. For under 20k, these floor standers are very good. Proper placement should give you that punch for rock and techno music considering subwoofer purchase is not in line. I sold them to a friend who always loved listening to them whenever he came over to my place, and is driving them with a Norge 1000 gold amplifier in his office. He is a film editor and swears they sound better than Paradigm Atom bookshelves, that he paid almost twice the price of the NS8390's.
I cannot stress upon proper placement to get the best or they tend to sound boomy, so plenty of damping in the room is a good idea. But that goes for any floor standing speaker as separate adjustments cannot be done as in case of using bookshelf and a subwoofer. Good luck.

As an ex owner of the NS 8390's, I would say go for it. I has bought it from Reliance Digital for about 18000 in 2015 and auditioned it against The Pioneer AJ floor standers. For under 20k, these floor standers are very good. Proper placement should give you that punch for rock and techno music considering subwoofer purchase is not in line. I sold them to a friend who always loved listening to them whenever he came over to my place, and is driving them with a Norge 1000 gold amplifier in his office. He is a film editor and swears they sound better than Paradigm Atom bookshelves, that he paid almost twice the price of the NS8390's.
I cannot stress upon proper placement to get the best or they tend to sound boomy, so plenty of damping in the room is a good idea. But that goes for any floor standing speaker as separate adjustments cannot be done as in case of using bookshelf and a subwoofer. Good luck.

Sorry for my late reply. :(

I was too busy this weekend. I bought a new house and there is lot of renovation work to do. So I couldn't reply time to time.
I contacted to Yamaha Music Square at kolkata. They said Yamaha NS 8390 and NS-F71 will be available next week.
A member of this forum also contacted me, He has Polk Audio Tsx330t FL Speakers. I will audition those speakers next week, and Let you guys know my decision.:)

I will be blunt and say it will be a monumental mistake (bigger than the Shaheed Minar) if you buy a floor stander for 25K. There are NO good floor standers at that budget, none. Buy it and regret within a couple of months and sell it within 6, that is how it will go.
In your budget always go for bookshelves, there are quite a few places in Kolkata, go listen to a few options within your budget.
The usual suspects are Dali, Polk, Wharfedale, Monitor Audio, Q Acoustics and others. I am listing a few names below, google these, visit and listen.

SKS Traders (Behala, 14 no. Bus stand)
Harmonie Audio (New Alipore)
Watteffects (Near Southern Avenue)
Promises (Opposite Kala Mandir)
Auditro (Park St.)
ProFx (Gariahat/Hindusthan Park)

Trust me without sub there is significant difference between Polk Audio's Bookshelf and Floor-standing,

It is good to have a sub in a set-up for lows.. It gives you the little flexibility w.r.t positioning in the room & the lil oomph, which is not possible with FS..

I will be blunt and say it will be a monumental mistake (bigger than the Shaheed Minar) if you buy a floor stander for 25K. There are NO good floor standers at that budget, none. Buy it and regret within a couple of months and sell it within 6, that is how it will go.
In your budget always go for bookshelves, there are quite a few places in Kolkata, go listen to a few options within your budget.
The usual suspects are Dali, Polk, Wharfedale, Monitor Audio, Q Acoustics and others. I am listing a few names below, google these, visit and listen.

SKS Traders (Behala, 14 no. Bus stand)
Harmonie Audio (New Alipore)
Watteffects (Near Southern Avenue)
Promises (Opposite Kala Mandir)
Auditro (Park St.)
ProFx (Gariahat/Hindusthan Park)

Thanks for list.

Buy it and regret within a couple of months
Can you explain why you say that? Coz I auditioned couple bookshelf speakers at profx. They are really good, but without subwoofer sound gets muddy. I don't want to add subwoofer.

It is good to have a sub in a set-up for lows.. It gives you the little flexibility w.r.t positioning in the room & the lil oomph, which is not possible with FS..
I don't want add a sub, as i want to set up my room like this

Untitled-3.jpg
I generally play songs through PC.

A little different take on FS around your price point.
If you are willing to take a chance & if the seller is willing to ship, then I don't see why these won't satisfy your requirements in a FS at a fantastic price point in the link below,

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/floor-standing-diy-speakers.69277/

Looking at the pics, in my opinion there is certainly no DIY appearance in this build

I second what @JayaRaa said. To add to that you get the sweetness of ribbon tweeters not available under 60k.

Thanks for list.

Can you explain why you say that? Coz I auditioned couple bookshelf speakers at profx. They are really good, but without subwoofer sound gets muddy. I don't want to add subwoofer.

I am not sure how the sound gets 'muddy' without subwoofer, you probably feel a lack of bass but that does not make it muddy.

From the picture you attached it looks like you will be better suited with desktop monitor / near-field listening. Look at something like a Swans M200, it is withing your budget and are very good as desktop speakers.

Back