FRAGRANCE/PERFUME LOVERS LOUNGE!/perfume addiction!

@cor-thats an amazing mom!not many mom got to use Cd's legendary poison in india:p whats your favourite anyway?pingd you on fb!

@grubyhalo-thanx for sharing:) happy to hear from fellow perfume lovers!...perfumes as you said can always bring in loads of memories both sad and happy:p
your list seems exquisite and classy...i posses only the grey flannel for my daily dab from your list:p other than kouros which as you perfectly mentioned grows on us...and yeah the present editions of classics are too synthetic from their originals...

@cor-thats an amazing mom!not many mom got to use Cd's legendary poison in india:p whats your favourite anyway?pingd you on fb!

yep i just saw.

And yes, she is an amazing mom :) (who's isn't? :p)

I don't think i have a favourite perfume but I do prefer slightly floral - sandalwood-esque. It depends entirely on my mood or event. I will tell you one thing though, I prefer concentrates over branded perfumes. The past decade I've been buying concentrates from Gulab Singh Johri in Chandi Chawk old Delhi and using them sparingly. It's a small shop that's been there since 1816. Now run by the seventh generation owner ram Singh. They export concentrates to foreign perfume companies which they further mix into their perfumes to create the more expensive ones.

Attar-shopDSC00340.jpg

This little bottle can cost upto INR 1000 depending on what type it is. And they're VERY VERY potent. 1 drop will fill a 10x10 space.
5462069059_dafb1b66cc_z.jpg

Last edited:
@cor-Good option even i should try something like that! :) at times we all get lost in the brand/house value! time to spray my fixed ideas out :) :p
@longshanks-that sounds good but never got lucky to smell that:)

This little bottle can cost upto INR 1000 depending on what type it is.

That would be an essential oil. Depending on the flower, it can take vast amounts just to produce a small bottle of the stuff. Whilst most of them are not, some of the rarest and finest can be astoundingly expensive.

The curious thing, and the skill of the perfumer, comes in the fact that the essential oil of a given flower does not necessarily represent well the perfume of the flower itself. You certainly cannot get a rural garden scent by just combining half a dozen essential oils!

I touched on this stuff briefly about forty years ago, when a friend and I, interested in herbal medicine, branched off into home-made cosmetics such as moisturising creams. Once we had enough people who wanted to buy them, and it looked more like a business than a hobby, it wasn't fun any more, so we stopped :rolleyes:

i have many perfumes and im a fan like you!
my fav. are: David off cool water,hugo boss just different,poco rabbane one million,kenzo le par kenzo!

...i posses only the grey flannel for my daily dab from your list:p...

Just to clarify, I do not have all these with me currently. The older ones are mostly the ones I grew up with and the rest were owned/used by me over the years. The only ones that I am left with at this time are the Grey Flannel and the Everlast. I am looking to get a nice evening wear option shortly, let's see...

@manoj-hi and welcome to the :p forum and to my aromatic thread! :p
@gruby-why not d&g-the one .give it a whiff and you might like! Or even Gucci pour homme or armani pour homme nice evening wear they are!if you need stronger/concentrated ones ralph lauren-polo green or ck-obsession are good considering their legendary status:p

Somehow I did not find Gucci and Armani that interesting. Polo Green was OK, but I am looking for something a tad 'dressy' and subtle. Something of an in-expensive back-up for the Antaeus, let's see...

Perfumes 20% for yourself, 80% for others:rolleyes:..

helium
CA 640c V2 / SB Classic + Sansui AU-317 + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE / Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables= Music

now that we have some perfume heads taking part in this lively discussion , i was wondering if they could shed light on terminology..
perfume, scent, cologne , toilet water

Last edited:
now that we have some perfume heads taking part in this lively discussion , i was wondering if they could shed light on terminology..
perfume, scent, cologne , toilet water

To understand the power of Perfume- watch the movie 'Perfume'

Source: eBay Guides - What is the difference between Perfume, EDP, EDT, EDC

The differences among these are the amount of essential oils in the fragrance. The most potent type of fragrance that you can buy is the straight perfume. Next would be Eau de Parfum, then Eau de Toilette, and finally Eau de Cologne. The higher the percentage of essential oils the longer your fragrance will last, and the less you need to apply.

Tester: Testers are an excellent way to purchase a perfume or a cologne at a discount rate, without compromising on the quality. Testers are made by the manufacturer to help promote their fragrances. They usually come in a plain box and may have "Tester" somewhere on the bottle. They are not used. Testers contain the original quantity mentioned on the bottle.
Perfume (Parfum): It is the strongest fragrance available, consists of a 15-30% concentration of perfume essence. This means that not only do you need to use less, but also that the fragrance lasts longer, typically for up to 6 hours, depending on skin type.
Eau De Parfum (EDP): It is lighter than Perfume, with an 8-15% concentration, but still has long lasting characteristics, from 3 to 5 hours. It is less expensive than pure perfume.
Eau De Toilette (EDT): It is lighter than EDP, with a 4-8% concentration of the essence. It usually lasts for 2 to 4 hours.
Eau De Cologne (EDC): It is lighter than EDT, often referred to just as Cologne and has the greatest dilution of fragrances with a 3-5% concentration of perfume essence. It usually lasts for 2 hours.

Terre D'hermes - A phenomenal fragrance. Sophisticated, fresh, classy, long-lasting. Got a nice foresty feel. 3 times out of 4, this would be the best fragrance in any room. If you are planning to splurge on just one good fragrance, choose this.

There's the review sir :D

Mont Blanc Starwalker - :yahoo: :clapping:
Police to be - :eek:hyeah:
Dunhill London - :mad: :argue:

DKNY be delicious (women) - :licklips: :D

my picks are:

YSL Opium - all season
Channel allure home sport - not for summer
Escada Magnetism - Not for summer/sweat season

Venu

Mickey,

Thanks for the nice thread, I have mixed experiences with the below suggestions. Please remember its only my view, Armani is my favourite here, not sure about D&G One, has spicy base notes, might not be to everyones taste. Gucci should be a classic. You can never go wrong with Ck obsession or the Ralph lauren Polo Green.

OTH, Mickey, Where is Tommy T now it was one of my favourite EDT's lots of fruity flavour :D more girlish is should say, But used to get a lot of complements when ever I wore this.

And I agree don't buy any EDT without trying.

Cheers
CK

@manoj-hi and welcome to the :p forum and to my aromatic thread! :p
@gruby-why not d&g-the one .give it a whiff and you might like! Or even Gucci pour homme or armani pour homme nice evening wear they are!if you need stronger/concentrated ones ralph lauren-polo green or ck-obsession are good considering their legendary status:p

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back