FRAGRANCE/PERFUME LOVERS LOUNGE!/perfume addiction!

No Paco Rabanne 1 million users here ? I would say go for it, fell in love with it with the 1st try itself.

well...i'm a fragrance head and love the nuances of perfumes...there's so much happening out there..

at one point i used to write lotta reviews on a forum - Basenotes - Reviews by jenson

also i used to have close to 200 niche perfumes...i've now reduced it to 70 odd..they are mainly from
Serge Lutens
The Different Companay (perfumer Jean Claude Ellena's firm - he is the in house perfumer for Hermes)
Parfumerie Generale - Chemical whiz and perfumer extraordinaire - pierre Guillame
Montale - Oudh based perfumes from Paris..
Tom Ford's private Collection
Tauer Perfumes - swizz based chemical whiz, he is a one man show.

+ many more...

in designer perfumes, respected ones are
Guerlain - Heritage, Habit Rouge, L'Instant, Bois d'armenie (Shoppers stop in malad and juhu stocks these)

Dior - Homme - it's a revolutionary Iris based fragrance, it;s formulation is toned down a bit now, but still, one of the best out there

Chane Pour Monsieur - classic, fragrance for the matured

+

many more

DSQUARED - Rocky mountain WOOD is an amazing perfume

Woody and very masculine

For me it's the German "TABAC"

Oh, thanks for reminding me of another oldie. The last time I bought one (2008 maybe?), it didn't smell as good as it did during my childhood days. Maybe I got a bad one? Or maybe it's just nostalgia clouding my memory, I dunno...

bought a Quorom from

www.perfumes2order.com (Indian website, they are safe to order from, feel free to place orders with them to give them some business, they're good people)
Great buy for the price if you bought it at the offer price. i was verrry tempted but I decided against it because I had a bottle some 3 years ago. Musn't succumb to temptation. Musn't. Famous last words :D

bought ysl-m7,burberry-classic man,ck-obsession this week....ck & burberry being regular for the past some years...bought the exclusive/rare yves saint laurent-m7 for special ocassions :p

No Paco Rabanne 1 million users here ? I would say go for it, fell in love with it with the 1st try itself.

Agree with you it is quiet good,

Was in Dubai duty free during a transit, tried the much hyped 'Creed Aventus' tester it was good, but don't think it is worth the price (AED 900 :rolleyes:). Settled for Tom Ford Noir, I am happy it is quiet nice.

CK

Chaps-Ralph Lauren
Cacharel-Pour Homme
Stetson After Shave
Pinaud Clubman-Bayrum
Pinaud Clubman-Vanilla
Old Spice (Yes Old Spice)
Tabac
Roman Brio
Nivea After Shave

While on that topic, anyone into wet shaving. Starting another thread on this topic

I was gifted a Davidoff cool water knockoff when I was in college and I loved it.
Finally got around to be able to afford the real deal, Picked up ADG and Issey Miyake as well based on online reviews. Not too fond of the Issey Miyake, and ADG I use now and then, but Cool water remains my favourite.

I once purchased from abroad an after shave lotion named Jaipur by Boucheron. Awesome fragrance and beats any available brand in India.

Hugo Boss - Soul,classic,Pure, Man, Dark Blue,Energise - All ma favourites
Armani - Code
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
Davidoff -Cool Waters
Azzaro - Chrome
Boucheron
FCUK
Issey Miyake - Intense
Dolce Gabbana - After shave
Tabac - After shave

Nice threat .. It smells nice.. I dont have much knowledge on this..But Interested..Today only I came to know the difference between Perfume,Colonge etc..

Currently I am using below perfume & Deo category
1.Abercrombie & Fitch (Cologne)
2.Jean paul gaultier(EAE De Toliette)
3.Ferrari Black - Deo
4.Play boy-Berlin -Deo

Can any one suggest me a good long lasting perfume and Deo for Chennai Climate...

Like Separate Perfume & Deo for Summer Day & Evening
Separate Perfume & Deo for Non-Summer Day& Evening.

am reviving an old thread...

have tried these over the past year....

CK EUPHORIA INTENSE - the melon is an overkill, but great longevity
ARAMIS CLASSIC- dated smell, but i like it..
KOUROUS- i would say this is not for everyone....
LALIQUE ENCRE NOIR- always liked vetiver....

i like spicy fragrances. at present in use:

YSL Opium - Complex and Spicy
Boucheron Jaipur - Spicy with a very slight hint of citrus
Burberry London -Sweet n Spicy

Interesting thread!!

My all time favourites
Tsar by Van Cleef and Arpels
Emmanuel Ungaro Pour Homme
Loewe
Monsieur de Givenchy

Some extremely reasonably priced perfumes I treasure and still have from the 70s!

It all adds up Aftershave by Avon
Snuff by Schiaparelli
Verlande by Gillette

And the usual suspects

Polo by Ralph Lauren
Jacomo
Hugo Boss Pour Homme
Azzaro
Calvin Klein
YSL Jazz

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back