FRAGRANCE/PERFUME LOVERS LOUNGE!/perfume addiction!

Any basic perfumes ( like Lavander oil etc) than can enhance music listening pleasure ?
Of course we have 'grass' vapours ....:)

In the last 12 years i have used the following,

Nautica Classic, Blue
Acqua Di Gio
Jaguar
Guess
Tommy Hilfiger
Loris Azzaro Men
Armani Code
FCUK Him
Men's Chrome by Azzaro
Halston 1-12
UR by Usher
Calvin Klein ETERNITY
Calvin Klein ck
Ferrari Red
Polo Blue, Black, Red.
Davidoff Zino Davidoff, Hot Water, Cool water, Game

But all time favorites are,

Davidoff Cool water
Mont Blanc Legend
Hugo Boss

Interesting thread!!

My all time favourites
Tsar by Van Cleef and Arpels
Emmanuel Ungaro Pour Homme
Loewe
Monsieur de Givenchy

Some extremely reasonably priced perfumes I treasure and still have from the 70s!

It all adds up Aftershave by Avon
Snuff by Schiaparelli
Verlande by Gillette

And the usual suspects

Polo by Ralph Lauren
Jacomo
Hugo Boss Pour Homme
Azzaro
Calvin Klein
YSL Jazz

Soundstage, is the Original Monsieur de Givenchy available? and is it in production? For how much did you buy?

MY favourites are:

1. YSL BOTIQUE MUSK - new launch and presently using though feminine one
2. CHANNEL ALLURE HOME SPORT- best for non sweating weather
3. Hugo Boss
4. YSL OPIUM
5. Escada Magnetism - think no more available

Venu

Any suggestions on genuine perfume online. My last buy from Flipkart and earlier perfume2order turned out to be fakes.

hi all!...:D
here i go again!....always have been a fragrance lover since school days....it
all started with YSL KOUROS which i got to accidentally SNIFF! from my uncles wardrobe!...man!he was/is such a kouros head(term coined by me!)have seen huge carton of kouros with him!...these navy chaps and their ways of classiness!....there MY LOVE FOR GOOD FRAGRANCES STARTED!

Being in school could never afford an perfume with my L.P.M(lame/low pocket money!)...so settled with denim/axe effect/park avenue and obviously the most commercial BRUT! deo's:D(some were really good but mostly trying to imitate bigger brand perfumes!)...
Days went on to years and my longing for good smells almost gone....And then i hit 9th grade(1999) and bro lands up in med school...later to land up in home during vacations smelling all neat!(only to find out his Gf(now my sis in law:D!)gifted him a 75ml of DRAKKAR NOIR & a nintendo game boy advance!:lol:!)grrrr.(mooooommmmmy i want to go to college soooon:p!)..
thus
THE ADDICTION STARTS...........

Years pass now i land up in a fancy med school:eek:hyeah: in chennai with dreams of expensive perfume gifting beautiful GF's start but then 'chubby' metal mickey:p doesnt get both!:mad::lol:.....
1st year college passes with sadness/big J's while my friends spoke/smelled of Hugo Bosses/Issey miyake/Dunhill/Azzaro/Christian dior/davidoff:mad:!....

Next year seems more academic and my wait continues and finally my 1st perfume lands but not from beautiful gf but rather from my bro's in laws from the states:p...it was an cool looking 'Ralph lauren Chaps' gift set...yummy it smelled,time to flaunt:p......
the 'chaps' smelled warm and comfy...

Months later and saved pocket money saved I landed up with the most commercial but still the iconic COOL WATER!.this perfume smells good but has an longeivity on me thats worses than an anything i can remember obvious to find the local stores Rripped me off with a ripp off.:mad:...

Move over to 2007 folks return from the states with lots of perfume for their perfume starving baby boy(actually now more a stud;P and yeah beautiful gf's from all over india did happen thanx to the ethiraj/wcc/svec/goa & bangalore/wild parties:eek:hyeah: some even gifted Armani,Gucci & even Chanel"s!:eek:hyeah:women & chanel lol!)) with some neat ones namely Gucci pour homme,BvlgarI blue & Aqua,cool water(again!)and some Ralph Lauren's POLO GREEN...

happy for the next one year...perfumes are getting dry now and now LONGING STARTS AGAIN!!!!...
On my way from pune i land up in our family friends place in mumbai..their younger son & i got to have a secret puff(vaguely remember as dunhill my favourites!) & to cover it up he took an Golden majestic bottled fragrance called ESCADA POUR HOMME...man i was going nuts on his after smoke!!!! fragrance and looking at my 'Lost Puppy LOOK!' bhai happilly gifted me the new 125ml bottle(p.s he now uses burberry london as his after smoke fragrance!)....

Escada pour homme was my 1'ST love in my perfume journey and will always be...i felt i finally attained fragrance Nirvana...i was becoming popular in my circuit with the retro/God Fatherly smell...two bottles later the shock came in the form of escada completely DISCONTINUING their men's line and Escada PH sells now for 12000rs for an 125ml! compared to orginal 2.5k max!!!!!!!!and that too an rarity...man am screwed again!...

SEARCH STARTS AGAIN

for

The SIGNATURE SCENT....

For NON PERFUME HEADS-about perfumes...its something you just cant go by brands or cost but just like our audiophilnes...a GOOD fragrances should Reflect the wearers Persona!!!!!!!!!things to note in good fragrance are Projection/Longeivity,Settin in & Body chemistry...

Just like speaker auditions perfumes also should be SAMPLE SPRAYED & BOUGHT...and just like burning in in speakers the fragrance settles in time on your body SO WAIT AFTER SPRAYING THE SAMPLE FOR A MINIMUM 5 MINUTES!!!!!!!...there are fragrances which i have sprayed with excitement only to smell something stupid after an hour!.....and
Do note just like our gadgets perfumes can be EXXXPENSIVE too starting from $5-500000USD(yeah thats half a million in dollars:licklips:!)

Amazon.com: Clive Christian Imperial Majesty Perfume for Men 16.9 oz Perfume: Beauty

Back to my blah blah's!...after college...started making money...and with all the pent up lust for perfumes!..blew my first 6 months of earning mostly on perfumes and on the
SEARCH FOR MY SIGNATURE SCENT!...
on the process landed up with these!

Burberry-men & British(THANKSto fm rajagopal for letting me audition:p his burberry british while fm murali was auditioning his lyritta fr :D:eek:)

Christian Dior-Fahrenheit(one of my most favourite! but always gets me negative comments due to it slight similarity in smell to baygon spray:rolleyes:)Fahrenheit Aqua,Absolute

Issey Miyakke-pour homme

Dunhill-blue

Bvgri-blue,aqua,pour homme

Juicy couture-dirty english(almost similiar to gucci pour homme!)

Dolce & Gabbana-the one,one gentleman

Yves Saint Laurent-kouros,pour homme

Versace-pour homme

CK-obsession,one(Obsession along with BURBERRY men is my signature mix now!)MOST WOMEN LI(c)kE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!

Georgio Armani-Aqua Di Gio,pour pomme

Gucci-guilty,pour homme

ESCADA-POUR HOMME

Paco Rabanne-one million

Boss-no 1

Joop-ph

Chanel-allure homme

Puig-quorum(top powerhouse cheapo classic!)

Antonio banderas-Diavolo(cheap rip off of CD'S FAHRENHEIT! 200ML sells for 2k!)

Adollfo-Agua fresca(slightly similiar to ck's one but more citrusy and cheap!)

the last 3 are from spain!!!!!!

End of my list! need to check old gaali bottles again to rewrite list....

CALLING ALL PERFUME HEADS/LOVERS....please SHARE SUGGESTIONS & REVIEWS of your favourite fragrance be it a Axe deo or something from the royal majestic british house of Clive Christian:cool:...

P.S-NEVER BUY AN PERFUME WITHOUT SAMPLING!...
Wow...what is this?? I think it's a audio-video forum. Don't you think this post should not be allowed?? @arj

hi all!...:D
here i go again!....always have been a fragrance lover since school days....it
all started with YSL KOUROS which i got to accidentally SNIFF! from my uncles wardrobe!...man!he was/is such a kouros head(term coined by me!)have seen huge carton of kouros with him!...these navy chaps and their ways of classiness!....there MY LOVE FOR GOOD FRAGRANCES STARTED!

Being in school could never afford an perfume with my L.P.M(lame/low pocket money!)...so settled with denim/axe effect/park avenue and obviously the most commercial BRUT! deo's:D(some were really good but mostly trying to imitate bigger brand perfumes!)...
Days went on to years and my longing for good smells almost gone....And then i hit 9th grade(1999) and bro lands up in med school...later to land up in home during vacations smelling all neat!(only to find out his Gf(now my sis in law:D!)gifted him a 75ml of DRAKKAR NOIR & a nintendo game boy advance!:lol:!)grrrr.(mooooommmmmy i want to go to college soooon:p!)..
thus
THE ADDICTION STARTS...........

Years pass now i land up in a fancy med school:eek:hyeah: in chennai with dreams of expensive perfume gifting beautiful GF's start but then 'chubby' metal mickey:p doesnt get both!:mad::lol:.....
1st year college passes with sadness/big J's while my friends spoke/smelled of Hugo Bosses/Issey miyake/Dunhill/Azzaro/Christian dior/davidoff:mad:!....

Next year seems more academic and my wait continues and finally my 1st perfume lands but not from beautiful gf but rather from my bro's in laws from the states:p...it was an cool looking 'Ralph lauren Chaps' gift set...yummy it smelled,time to flaunt:p......
the 'chaps' smelled warm and comfy...

Months later and saved pocket money saved I landed up with the most commercial but still the iconic COOL WATER!.this perfume smells good but has an longeivity on me thats worses than an anything i can remember obvious to find the local stores Rripped me off with a ripp off.:mad:...

Move over to 2007 folks return from the states with lots of perfume for their perfume starving baby boy(actually now more a stud;P and yeah beautiful gf's from all over india did happen thanx to the ethiraj/wcc/svec/goa & bangalore/wild parties:eek:hyeah: some even gifted Armani,Gucci & even Chanel"s!:eek:hyeah:women & chanel lol!)) with some neat ones namely Gucci pour homme,BvlgarI blue & Aqua,cool water(again!)and some Ralph Lauren's POLO GREEN...

happy for the next one year...perfumes are getting dry now and now LONGING STARTS AGAIN!!!!...
On my way from pune i land up in our family friends place in mumbai..their younger son & i got to have a secret puff(vaguely remember as dunhill my favourites!) & to cover it up he took an Golden majestic bottled fragrance called ESCADA POUR HOMME...man i was going nuts on his after smoke!!!! fragrance and looking at my 'Lost Puppy LOOK!' bhai happilly gifted me the new 125ml bottle(p.s he now uses burberry london as his after smoke fragrance!)....

Escada pour homme was my 1'ST love in my perfume journey and will always be...i felt i finally attained fragrance Nirvana...i was becoming popular in my circuit with the retro/God Fatherly smell...two bottles later the shock came in the form of escada completely DISCONTINUING their men's line and Escada PH sells now for 12000rs for an 125ml! compared to orginal 2.5k max!!!!!!!!and that too an rarity...man am screwed again!...

SEARCH STARTS AGAIN

for

The SIGNATURE SCENT....

For NON PERFUME HEADS-about perfumes...its something you just cant go by brands or cost but just like our audiophilnes...a GOOD fragrances should Reflect the wearers Persona!!!!!!!!!things to note in good fragrance are Projection/Longeivity,Settin in & Body chemistry...

Just like speaker auditions perfumes also should be SAMPLE SPRAYED & BOUGHT...and just like burning in in speakers the fragrance settles in time on your body SO WAIT AFTER SPRAYING THE SAMPLE FOR A MINIMUM 5 MINUTES!!!!!!!...there are fragrances which i have sprayed with excitement only to smell something stupid after an hour!.....and
Do note just like our gadgets perfumes can be EXXXPENSIVE too starting from $5-500000USD(yeah thats half a million in dollars:licklips:!)

Amazon.com: Clive Christian Imperial Majesty Perfume for Men 16.9 oz Perfume: Beauty

Back to my blah blah's!...after college...started making money...and with all the pent up lust for perfumes!..blew my first 6 months of earning mostly on perfumes and on the
SEARCH FOR MY SIGNATURE SCENT!...
on the process landed up with these!

Burberry-men & British(THANKSto fm rajagopal for letting me audition:p his burberry british while fm murali was auditioning his lyritta fr :D:eek:)

Christian Dior-Fahrenheit(one of my most favourite! but always gets me negative comments due to it slight similarity in smell to baygon spray:rolleyes:)Fahrenheit Aqua,Absolute

Issey Miyakke-pour homme

Dunhill-blue

Bvgri-blue,aqua,pour homme

Juicy couture-dirty english(almost similiar to gucci pour homme!)

Dolce & Gabbana-the one,one gentleman

Yves Saint Laurent-kouros,pour homme

Versace-pour homme

CK-obsession,one(Obsession along with BURBERRY men is my signature mix now!)MOST WOMEN LI(c)kE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!

Georgio Armani-Aqua Di Gio,pour pomme

Gucci-guilty,pour homme

ESCADA-POUR HOMME

Paco Rabanne-one million

Boss-no 1

Joop-ph

Chanel-allure homme

Puig-quorum(top powerhouse cheapo classic!)

Antonio banderas-Diavolo(cheap rip off of CD'S FAHRENHEIT! 200ML sells for 2k!)

Adollfo-Agua fresca(slightly similiar to ck's one but more citrusy and cheap!)

the last 3 are from spain!!!!!!

End of my list! need to check old gaali bottles again to rewrite list....

CALLING ALL PERFUME HEADS/LOVERS....please SHARE SUGGESTIONS & REVIEWS of your favourite fragrance be it a Axe deo or something from the royal majestic british house of Clive Christian:cool:...

P.S-NEVER BUY AN PERFUME WITHOUT SAMPLING!...
I just discovered this thread. Thanks for sharing.
I'm currently using Mont Blanc Legend Eau de Toilette spray.

Am not too much into perfumes but liked and stuck with the Burberrry classic for several years. Have always used the brut musk and classic before that

Well ... every once in a while we get bored of our gear, cables and music/movies.
So we need a cuppa coffee or tea or whiskey and comfortable shoes to enjoy the "Good Life"
Hence we have threads related to the above.

Cheers,
Raghu

anyway the fragrance game has reached greater heights these days an indo American brand karmic hues is winning lots of awards all over the world and co founder is from chennai!. my recent favourite has been lune feline, tuscan leather and wulong cha in recent times.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back