- Malena
- Taare Zameen Par
- The Corruptor
- The Day Of The Jackal
- The Edge
- The Interpreter
- The Net
- The Recruit

I know you want to see my mini theatre, please do come over to my place and see how it is made and take the movies hand delivery, should the need be i can courier too.

For the benefit of members who have not availed the free offer, please be adviced I have updated in post number one the new list of serial numbers for the last batch of dvd's i have.

V.

Hi Vinay,

A very generous offer indeed. I had seen the thread sometime back and today stumbled across again. If I am eligible and its not a problem, the following is my selection of 8 serial numbers.

Will PM you my address once you revert. Thanking you once again.

Raghav

Last edited:
Hi Vinay,

You have a great collection and good taste. Malena - I liked this movie very much and especially Monica Bellucci's performance. Guys! come on, I meant her acting!:eek:hyeah:

Tare zameen par - when I saw this movie, I was reminiscent of my school days and the similarities between me and the boy in the movie, except "dyslexia."

I had the habit of spilling milk/coffee every other day, so my mom used to stand next to me and I would have to sit on the floor, not on the dining table, while having any food or drinks. Since my school was far away, I would have to get up at 6 a.m. in the morning, when I will be in the middle of my scary nightmares, I used to sleep in the toilet. Funny days:lol::lol:!

I always thought these are quite common with India kids up until I got into medical transcription. I have come across lot of cases when children attend intensive therapy in schools and counseling centers and they term these type of symptoms as "Attention Deficit Disorder."

Cheers!

OK Vinay, It is time for me to put my request to avail your generous offer.

Thanks in Advance.. I will PM you my address

Hello Sri,

These are the 8 movies which i will courier to you in a day or two.

- The Marksman
- The Mechanik
- The Next Level (XXX)
- Veronica Guerin
- Wallstreet
- Welcome
- Wild Things
- Woh Lamhe

V.

OK Vinay, It is time for me to put my request to avail your generous offer.

Thanks in Advance.. I will PM you my address

Hi Vinay,

I noticed that I crossed the 200 mark some time back. Can you send me the following DVD's if they are available?

Thanks again for your terrific gesture. Also sent you a PM. Please check the same..

Hi Vinay,

Thanks a lot and I have received the discs and it is perfectly packed and moreover perfectly maintained discs which shows your love towards movies. Thanks once again.

Regards
Srini

dsc04380h.jpg

Hello Sri,

These are the 8 movies which i will courier to you in a day or two.

- The Marksman
- The Mechanik
- The Next Level (XXX)
- Veronica Guerin
- Wallstreet
- Welcome
- Wild Things
- Woh Lamhe

V.

To : Metalbandit

These are the 8 movies i will courier you in next few days, let me have your mailing address.

- 8MM2
- A Wednesday
- American Gangster
- Aviator
- Commando
- Flight Of The Intruder
- JFK
- Jaane-mann

V.

Hi Vinay,

I noticed that I crossed the 200 mark some time back. Can you send me the following DVD's if they are available?

Thanks again for your terrific gesture. Also sent you a PM. Please check the same..

I have 123 posts before this post, so If I request 76 more times I will hit 200 and would be eligible for this great offer!::eek:hyeah::licklips:

Just stopped by after seeing the title of the thread. Dont really know the reason, but sure is a magnanimous gesture Vinay.

Its not easy for most to spend a penny on others and well here you are.

Great going.

Indeed if you will request 76 more times on this thread, i will sure send you the movies, as a gesture i will send you 16 movies instead of 8.

Thanks

V.

I have 123 posts before this post, so If I request 76 more times I will hit 200 and would be eligible for this great offer!::eek:hyeah::licklips:

I had visited Vinay a week back to collect "8 free DVDs" (thanks Vinay). :clapping:

He would have sent the DVDs anyways and my purpose of visiting was to see his "Mini Theater". I have started building my HT room and what better place to start learning from this excellent setup. By luck, only the walls, wiring of my HT room are done and there is scope to implement a lot of what I liked at Vinay's. I am convinced that the equipment is only half the battle. The chances of going wrong with them is far less than messing up the room planning. Also equipment is easy to replace, but things like wall panelling, false ceiling or lighting effects are a pain to change later on.

Though everything in the "Mini Theater" was impressive, I will point out a few things that really caught the eye.

1. First of all the overall look of the room, gives a feeling of entering a theater. This is missing in many HTs which have to double up as a living room, lounge, study etc. The room was free of clutter and nothing not related to the HT was lying around. This dedication goes a long way in creating the right atmosphere.

2. Now the details. First up the lighting. It goes beyond providing enough watts for the room to creating different moods of lighting according to the need. Foot lighting for theater, lounge lighting for music, office type brightness for trading, dim lighting plus the normal stuff. All lights could be controlled for birghtness. All this literally at your fingertips using the remote control. Starlit sky is the only thing I could wish for, but that is a difficult proposition when using acoustic tiles for false ceiling.

3. The acoustics. A lot of thought has gone in the acoustics of the room and it definitely adds to the movie experience. The wall panelling with glass wool was done very well. It was a huge sacrifice to shut out a big sliding window. Only a few can block out a tenth floor view in Mumbai. The false ceiling, the niches and the decoration all gelled together perfectly. The carpet flooring matched superbly and was possible because of a dedicated room for HT. Otherwise carpet can be a maintenance nightmare in a living room or lounge. Also no food inside helps in maintaining the flooring. (I would not be able to watch a full movie without popcorn ;) ).

4. Automation. It is one thing to have the acoustics and equipment right. But using them seamlessly is a real thrill. Vinay has gone beyond operating all equipment through one remote (This many people do including me). He has gone beyond controlling the cooling, lighting, screen and projector lift with the same remote ( This I hoped to achieve). He has actually made various settings for different purposes. A single click can put on equipment, bring out screen and projector and change the lighting of the room. The interval button again changes many aspects with a single click. This is true automation and my new goal.

5. Lastly, the equipment. This I paid the least attention to. Models keep changing over time and new ones have come out since Vinay made his room. The same effect can be created using different AVR, speakers and projector and this is a matter of personal taste. What is worth mentioning is Vinay's drive to keep the room uncluttered. Only the bare minimum was visible in the room. I have seen many rooms having equipment rarely used liked Tape decks, VCRs, Tuners etc. He has gone to the extent of removing DVDs and the DVD player also from his Mini Theater. Also there was no needless hard drives, wires adapters etc. visible.

I did not have much time and could watch only 2 scenes from the film 2012. They impressed me a lot and would have loved to see more. Vinay was very hospitable and carefully explained all aspects of his Mini Theater answering all my queries. I have asked for a revisit to examine the room once more as it will help in my own interiors. Thanks once again to Vinay for the DVDs and visit of Mini Theater.

Cheers,
Raghav

I am witness too.I have enjoyed working with Vinay.
Other 2 were Hemant & Reju.
We has good discussion, Demo & work(sharing/converting files) .

Very nice set up indeed. I can only dream of such HT.
Vinay is such a wonderful host. DVD freebies just shows his generosity.

We should met up again. Curious to see his progress with HD movies;)

vinay,ur home theatre is awe inspiring.maybe,one day,with ur help i will have one of my own!!just hope and pray that im not nearing the end of my days then :lol:!!!

have heard of ur hospitality,and ur generosity is showcased to the best in this thread.kudos.

i hope i can avail of ur offer if still extended :D.the movies i choose are...

(silence,..then,drum roll...)

...1,8,13,18,25,31,42,60.thanks a zillion.u've got pm.cheers

To : Rallynut

These are the 8 movies which i will courier to you in next few days.

- 13B
- Bharam
- Dharm
- Havoc
- Khudakayliye
- Parzana
- The Devil's Own
- Zinda

V.

I need a favour, can i give your Zinda movie to Venkatcr, i will replace you with an another movie. Indeed if you insist that you want Zinda, then i will give it to you only.

V.

These are the 8 movies which i will courier to you in next few days.

- 13B
- Bharam
- Dharm
- Havoc
- Khudakayliye
- Parzana
- The Devil's Own
- Zinda

V.

This Zinda movie is packed in hard cover and the print is good, i had paid for it Rs.399/-. If rallynut permits me to send you the movie, i will do so.

V.

Vinay, which version of Zinda is your copy? I have a original but <50 Rupee version, and I am looking for a better version. I just love that movie.

Cheers

Hello Naseer,

I am afraid i can not send you the movies as your posts are below 200, but as and when you are in Mumbai, please do come over to see a movie in my mini theatre.

V.

Hi Vinay,

If i am eligible and following titles available put me on the list.

Naseer

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back