Gauaranteed audiophile seating chair :D

newlash09

Hi all :)

Owing to domestic compulsions in a urban metro. My system resides in my daughters bedroom. And I usually sit on the bed with my back rested on the back rest of the bed, for lumbar and back support, for extended listening periods. But i had my ears barely 20 cms off the back wall in this postion, so I had full on bass overload, and collapsed imaging.

So I finally bought this chair as shown below. Which gives me reclinable angle as well as back support. So Iam now not sitting at the back wall anymore . Iam now seated 90 cms away from the back wall, resting on the back rest of this cushion, with absolutely no back fatigue. Of course as can be seen in the below pics.. there is no arm rest. But I plan on getting one done for myself. So I thought I'd share this for the benefit of other hobbyists forced to sit on a bed to enjoy music like me :D
IMG-20200826-WA0011.jpgIMG-20200826-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200826-WA0011.jpgIMG-20200826-WA0010.jpg

Edit:
Oops..somehow the Amazon link vanished...so posting again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually do the same, but with a good old plastic chair.
In front of the couch. For two reasons:
- sonics are better if I sit away from the wall (couch is up against the wall)
- and couch sucks for back support

Of course most of my listening happens in the background while working at the dining table.
My dogs get a better experience most of the time.

Cheers,

Hey @newlash09
Just curious!! How the heck did this post end up in DIY sub forum?
All you did was thumb your way on Amazon ;)
Cheers,
Raghu

Attachments

• LR-2.pdf
    294.9 KB · Views: 33
Hi all :)

Owing to domestic compulsions in a urban metro. My system resides in my daughters bedroom. And I usually sit on the bed with my back rested on the back rest of the bed, for lumbar and back support, for extended listening periods. But i had my ears barely 20 cms off the back wall in this postion, so I had full on bass overload, and collapsed imaging.

So I finally bought this chair as shown below. Which gives me reclinable angle as well as back support. So Iam now not sitting at the back wall anymore . Iam now seated 90 cms away from the back wall, resting on the back rest of this cushion, with absolutely no back fatigue. Of course as can be seen in the below pics.. there is no arm rest. But I plan on getting one done for myself. So I thought I'd share this for the benefit of other hobbyists forced to sit on a bed to enjoy music like me :D
View attachment 49025View attachment 49026

View attachment 49025View attachment 49026
Superb..
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. Nice accessory. How do you change the angle and make it remain at that particular angle?

Or does the musical sensor in it recognise and respond to music automatically? Like up straight for Indian classical, slight tilt back for old Hindi, more tilt for Jazz and flat back for new age/ambient - the kind that puts you to sleep! ;)

Looking at the dimensions, the backrest at least could have been a little bit high to suit taller people... But nevertheless, looks like a good lounger and value for money.

Thanks for sharing. Nice accessory. How do you change the angle and make it remain at that particular angle?

Hi sir :)

It is just like the foldable seat armrests we have in cars. We can bend it forwards to unlock the spring. And as we bend it back, it has 3 lock positions. One keeps it up right, the others increase the angle gradually till it actually opens fully flat. The Amazon site has the three positions shown. But it a very flexible peice if kit, as now I can sit anywhere on the bed comfortably.

Thanks and best regards.
Y.Manohar

Looking at the dimensions, the backrest at least could have been a little bit high to suit taller people... But nevertheless, looks like a good lounger and value for money.

Yeah it could definitely have been longer to accommodate taller people. But the lower back support still keeps me comfortable. Iam 174 cms tall, so just about average. At my height it works a charm :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back