General Suggestion

denzong

hi

i just have a suggestion to make. may not be a valid one but saying it

in the threads we have an option of quote, multi quote, say thanks, etc....
can we also have links where we can like or dislike certain replies. pretty much the same way how thanks work but here it can be like or dislike.

this would help maybe the length of the threads

just a thought

regards

Dislike is not a good option if used wrongly.Many of us try to help others giving precious time & someone didnt like it(unless very bad post)may hurt.:)
We can post openly as reply if really one of the post's is really dull.

i agree Spirovious but we sometimes just like the post. thats about it. dont want to comment further... then what happens?
thats why my suggestion. and as i stated, its just a suggestion :)

or we can just have emoticons that we can post rather then any likes or dislikes

the emoticons which we use in the thread can also be used. so we can then have many expressions of emotions

Hi all,

Like or Dislike is very unjust it should be "Useful" or "Not-useful"

N.Murali

even better suggestion murali. thats why i said the emoticons

but i guess after reading through all do feel that we need something extra

Hi all,
Like or Dislike is very unjust it should be "Useful" or "Not-useful"
N.Murali
Nice suggestion, murali
or we can just have emoticons that we can post rather then any likes or dislikes
the emoticons which we use in the thread can also be used. so we can then have many expressions of emotions
hehehe! you mean emoticons like this ....
violent-smiley-1434.gif

Kindest regards
Hiten

if someone is spending his or her valuable time and suggesting others about something (in her or his case it might have worked) for a example we can take a thread which started couple of days before "optical cable doesn't work", for that madbullram suggested to check weather there is any right angle bend ,the thread starter checked and found a bend and corrected it ,if it didn't work he might have clicked dislike button and begin a mod he surely get disappointed ,sometimes it may work or it may not.what the thread starter does he will click dislike which demotivates the members.

we can keep a option worked or not worked.

its my suggestion i don't know how many member are going to click dislike on me..........

if someone is spending his or her valuable time and suggesting others about something (in her or his case it might have worked) for a example we can take a thread which started couple of days before "optical cable doesn't work", for that madbullram suggested to check weather there is any right angle bend ,the thread starter checked and found a bend and corrected it ,if it didn't work he might have clicked dislike button and begin a mod he surely get disappointed ,sometimes it may work or it may not.what the thread starter does he will click dislike which demotivates the members.

we can keep a option worked or not worked.

its my suggestion i don't know how many member are going to click dislike on me..........

there would be a lot of dislikes on me too:lol:

We have a Thanks button. I like this so much that I helped persuade people on another forum, who were asking for a like/dislike feature, that it was a better option.

Thanks is just great. It allows appreciation of a post, it allows acknowledgement of information given --- and it saves on all those thank-you and me-too single liners which clutter a thread up, and which some forums do not allow.

Like/Dislike is votes for and against. It can be antagonistic. It is very appropriate, for instance, to a news or public-affairs site, where the interaction between commenters can be quite heated. Every thumbs-up invites a thumbs-down from those who disagree.

Thanks is positive or neutral. Those who disagree either ignore and move on, or post their reaction.

I think the existing Thanks system is just fine, and should be left alone! :)

Last edited:
Dislike is negativism ! Does not serve any purpose apart from instigating someone. There is no place for it on a forum. If there is a problem with a post, it can be reported to the MOD using the report post button. If one has a difference of opinion, they can post an appropriate reply.

Otherwise, the forum will end up like one of those stupid reality show s on the idiot box.

Our forum is much friendly than any other(I suppose)So I think no need of any negative reply.All good is welcome.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back