Goldpoint SA1

jenson

Good Morning gentleman, any feedback on the goldpoint SA1 and it's ilk's?

are they value for money?
good solution for monoblocks or otherwise?

interested in the whole passive - pre-amplification oil

looking forward to your insights.

p.s. any dealers in Bharat?

I use a passive preamplifier (Silvercore Preamp 324) in my system. If you are after purity, you can go for this blindly but if you are looking for jump-out-of-seat kind of excitement, may not be the right fit.

Though mine is a transformer-based preamplifier, I have a good grasp of what a passive can sound like.

Good Morning gentleman, any feedback on the goldpoint SA1 and it's ilk's?

are they value for money?
good solution for monoblocks or otherwise?

interested in the whole passive - pre-amplification oil

looking forward to your insights.

p.s. any dealers in Bharat?
I use a MFA passive preamplifier which is also transformer coupled like @bornfi 's. There are other types of implementations that use resistor ladders, but the transformer coupled ones seem to have some added advantages as under mentioned :

1. Transformer coupling gives a degree of noise isolation from up the chain.
2. No impedance mismatches between sources and power amps.
3. If we plug a line level RCA, and take an XLR out from the preamp. We get a true balanced signal for long wire runs if needed.

However, below are the caveat's involved :

1. Low capacitance interconnects work best.
2. There is absolutely no coloration, but no gain also. So will work well with minimum 2V and above line level source voltages. And actually the higher the better.
3. Good transformers depending on the material of wire used for winding the transformers can get expensive. The MFA silver wound ones are close to 8K GBP.
4. Not all the designs come with remote controls. Mine for instance does'nt have a remote control.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back