Good news for vinyl Lovers

I have bought few LPs offered as Near Mint and VG+. Can't be any farther than truth. LPs were pitted and lot of small scratches. Also one of the LPs (so called near mint) did not have a inner sleeve.

Either the OP does not know the meaning of Near Mint/VG+ or he is deliberately misleading people. The charge for each LP is also pretty steep (close to 1K per LP).

I got suckered into this. Hope others don't, if they have not been already.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read this

vinyl sales up 745 percent since 2008, 8-track mulling comeback

and surprisingly
This surely marks a faint glimmer of hope for all the beaten-down and forgotten formats out there. Granted, the vinyl record has been out of fashion recently but still, a 745 percent increase in Amazon sales marks some pretty impressive growth. So, why the bump? A retro explosion? A new-found appreciation for fidelity in this world of streaming compression? The answer's likely a little bit of both. Also, don't underestimate the power of Amazon's AutoRip feature. See, vinyl's not only the fastest growing music medium on Amazon, it's also the most popular format for AutoRip, which entitles buyers to MP3 versions of physical albums they buy. Obviously, though, it's a bit tougher for most music lovers to rip vinyl than, say, a CD.

So, which records are selling best? As of the weekend, the top vinyl titles include albums by the Death Grips, Amy Winehouse and Arcade Fire. Daft Punk, Nirvana and Paul McCartney managed to make their way into the top ten, as well. Those who prefer their information served up in a handy graphical format should click through to the source link below.
Are kids buying it ?

Nice album to have on vinyl. I hope other music companies too start releasing new titles on vinyl

Thins seem to be looking up. Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham, Kal Ho na Ho and the others which were released by Sony around 2011-12, are again being re-released.

Hope the Saregama ones like 1942, Dil to Pagal and others also get a re-release.

Sony is not planning to release any new title. Checked with them. Ditto with T Series. No idea about Saregama though.

Zee Music also has no plans. This Marathi title being an exception.

Katyar Kaljat vinyl will be at home by evening. Will let you guys know how it sounds.

Last edited:
Listening to the album. Very nice. Anyone who likes semi classical should get this album. Vinyl is made by Sony in Austria. At least that's what the cover says.

Some new LPs to be released on 5th April 2017.

1). Jo jeeta wohi sikandar
2). Lamhe
3). Ram Lakhan
4). Chandani
5). Heena
6). Vishwatma
7). Takshak
8). Virasat
9). Sapney

Received Aye Dil Hain Mushkil and Kabhi Haan and Kabhi Na lp today. Heard them this evening I must say I really enjoyed Kabhi Haan Kabhi na LP .Pretty well recorded and wonderful music. Aye dil Hain mushkil Lp is well recorded too but I didn't enjoy it that much. May be the the music was not so much to my liking. Overall very well done by Sony.

Some new LPs to be released on 5th April 2017.

1). Jo jeeta wohi sikandar
2). Lamhe
3). Ram Lakhan
4). Chandani
5). Heena
6). Vishwatma
7). Takshak
8). Virasat
9). Sapney

Getting released in 31-3-17 and pre order going on . Priced at 1599/- and 11% discount offered online

I dont know if I should post this but for hobby's sake....

there is no meaning in getting 80s music on vinyl format. There may be very few titles which were recorded in analogue* format and I think the music co's don't have any original master tapes. So unless remastered by pros and specifically made to sound good on vinyl format there is no need to process original music by converting to analogue, equalizing for vinyl format, make vinyl master and while playback re-equalize. Unfortunately these vinyls are selling for approx. 1500 Rs. Which for people like me is expensive to just taste the flavour of the media. (So thanks for sharing listening impressions of various titles)
* Dil hai ki manta nahi I guess is recorded in analogue)

-x-

Katyar Kaljat Ghusli is my all time favourite natyasangeet CD. The original audio CD (Original was Alurkar new one are by Fountain) sells for just 80 Rs. (What a pity there are no takers for the great master Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande :sad:) The newer one with Shankar Mahadevan (Fantastic voice and music) sells for Rs. 150. In music industry Populism and marketing wins. :indifferent14:
Regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back