Good news for vinyl Lovers

After the initial flurry seems all labels have gone quiet on LP front.
No new film release either after Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
Would have loved to hear Lootera on LP.

Hi Prem,
I have heard Sony bought all the music rights from Sa Re Ga Ma. Do you think there is any chance of getting good quality old bollywood music pressed in vinyl by Sony or Indian vinyl releases has already come to an end.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I think the rights are more for digital and publishing. Am not sure if its for physical

Want to collect a ) Darr b ) college classic & c ) R. D. Burman compilation

any feed back on the sound quality ?

Regards

Can comment on R.D.Burman compilation- found average and songs were chopped/edited. Sounds very much digital. Regarding the quality, Maachis LP stands out in this league- the sound quality is just awsome.

Collected " Darr " yesterday. Not bad , though digitally remastered.

Not going for R.D. Burman compilation.

I was also listening to "Abhimaan" LP ( first print ) collected yesterday . Excellent .

This piece of Abhimaan Lp was collected from a friend.

Yes Masook/Jamal is increasing their price - smelling the renewed demand. But if you dig into , they really have some LPs in very good condition .

Heard that Abhimaan LP is also crossing Rs. 500 mark. Courtesy Wellington, Kolkata. My copy was Rs. 100
(collected a year back)

Yes, that's why I asked the price. After RD & first-print(!!!..:)) records, now the latest fad is Kishore Kumar. Any record having Kishore songs are sold at higher price(Isme Kishore-ka gaana hai). Even 10Rs ep/sp's are selling for 50 to 100 range if it has a KK song.

Bhaskar

This piece of Abhimaan Lp was collected from a friend.

Yes Masook/Jamal is increasing their price - smelling the renewed demand. But if you dig into , they really have some LPs in very good condition .

Thanks, Abhiman Lp in good condition is really nice.

I've been buying records from Jamal for over 25 years now and collected some nice staff at a throw away price over the time (Pink Floyd/Beatles records for Rs.25 each). At a point of time their market was so bad that he offered me his full stock of records for Rs.5L. Looks, now he is making up for all those times. Anyway the supply of good condition records have dried out in Wellington shops. So obviously price is also going high.

Bhaskar

www.ngh.co.in
That's a good site to order from.
They send on time. Packing is good. Quality too. And price is reasonable. Have bought quite a lot from them. Overall satisfied.

I think they had Abhimaan LP too if its not sold by now, that is.

:D Just ordered a vinyl record that I was looking for long! - Nirvana: unplugged in US ('94). From Flipkart
:yahoo:

Thanks, Abhiman Lp in good condition is really nice.

I've been buying records from Jamal for over 25 years now and collected some nice staff at a throw away price over the time (Pink Floyd/Beatles records for Rs.25 each). At a point of time their market was so bad that he offered me his full stock of records for Rs.5L. Looks, now he is making up for all those times. Anyway the supply of good condition records have dried out in Wellington shops. So obviously price is also going high.

Bhaskar

Then you are a veteran buyer . I am only 4 years old in this respect. They really have some good staff and also some scrap. However their price is still better compared to some dealers outside kolkata.

okay, just saw this: Lata - An Era In An Evening -: Flipkart.com
i saw this concert live n got the 2 cassette offering fm sony music. in my opinion, the speeches of vsarious artists pyin tribute to lataji wsa heart of the show wch is edited . shame! salso yaara sili sili here had aalaap by hridaynath mangeshkar. if they edited this, something is seriously wrong with vinyl cutting guys there@!

......They really have some good staff and also some scrap. However their price is still better compared to some dealers outside kolkata.

Absolutely, and above all these sellers are our only hope as far as Indian music goes. Also the price is comparatively justified. But now they are aiming to raise the price saying that i.e. Delhiwala or Bombaywala itna dega. That's where the problem starts for us.:lol:

Bhaskar

Moderator Note: Your post violates HFV rules. Read HFV rules before you post such sale threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back