Good news for vinyl Lovers

I also received my LAGAAN LP record yesterday :)

Flipkart's packing was really good and solid.

The plastic cover said its 180gm record - the thickness doesn't seem to, but I cud be wrong.

The quality is overall very good, though.

Listening to it - it's amazing to hear ' O palanhare' on vinyl...awesome!

can anyone who has received their LPs tell us all about how they sound? Indian LPs were notoroious for their poor quality, surface noise and what not (in the past).

Lagaan vinyl is made in Austria - as per the plastic cover that came over the record.

Surface noise (err, you refer to the little static type, crackle noise?) - yes - still a bit, very very less though - Will ask the others? Did they hear it too? Or is it just my piece.

( I found the TMK , Patiala House and Manginyar Seduction LP's amazingly clean and devoid of any 'extraneous' sounds).

But overall, in the end, I am satisfied. I had bought it largely for one song - 'O Palanhare' and I found it really nice to hear on LP. (The last Lagaan songs I had were on a cassette, years back!)

Last edited:
I also felt slight crackling noise but comparitively the quality over powers this. I have got all new releases on vinyl : TMK, Patiala House, Jhoota Hi Sahi, Lagaan, Rang De Basanti, Vande Mataram and all sound so fab on vinyl.
Infact Vande Mataram was my first CD purchase too so listening on vinyl is another experience and mind you that I still have not purchased my FS speakers. The yamaha HT is still able to do justice

Received the Lps of vande mataram and jodha akbar.Slight scratches on the record surface of vande mataram.I felt the covers were ok yet to listen to the records,but the pressing and grooves i feel is not upto the mark for vande mataram.let me listen and keep all updated.

Last edited:
Just got Lagaan Jodha Akbar and they just look wonderful. Also came to know from a trusted source that Dil to pagal Hai, DDLJ and 1942 a love story will be out by 15th March. Release of Shraddhanjali is also on the cards. Have fun vinyl lovers till the party lasts.:yahoo:

Got my copy of Jhoota Hi Sahi, which I ordered (on 11-Feb'11) yesterday. the LP was splendidly packed and arrived by First Flight Courier. The quality of the cover and inner sleeve was good, LP record was clean and un-touched....played it...absolutely no surface noise, perfect grooves...very slightly warped but my technics SL3200 could easily handle that and most importantly, the fidelty....just fantastic...sounded much better than the older LP records that I own (both Indian and Non-Indian manufactured)...the music...well, not to my taste but who cares...I'm out here to support the format!!....can't wait for the next release...meanwhile I'm on the lookout for the Vande Matharam release!!

Got my copies of RangDeBasanti, Lagaan, JodhaAkbar & Vandemataram.
RDB LP has some minor scratches, rest of the LP's were very clean.

However, replacement for my broken stylus is yet to arrive, one of my friend is getting this form US. Have to wait till 4-March :(

Received the Lps of vande mataram and jodha akbar.Slight scratches on the record surface of vande mataram.I felt the covers were ok yet to listen to the records,but the pressing and grooves i feel is not upto the mark for vande mataram.let me listen and keep all updated.

Picked up Vande Mataram yesterday. The pressing (or rather the mix and mastering) is not great, though the cover touts it as being done in Austria. Too much pounding bass, although that's the usual Rahman trademark. For example, on the track Gurus of Peace, the acoustic guitars, strings and non-drum percussions are lost in the mix and one has to really listen hard (even at slightly louder than normal listening volumes) to discern them, making it sound muddy overall. To give it the benefit of the doubt, I replayed it after my system was completely warmed up (may be one and half hours after switching on and playing) and it still sounded the same. Not a good buy.
Joshua

Picked up Vande Mataram yesterday. The pressing (or rather the mix and mastering) is not great, though the cover touts it as being done in Austria. Too much pounding bass, although that's the usual Rahman trademark. For example, on the track Gurus of Peace, the acoustic guitars, strings and non-drum percussions are lost in the mix and one has to really listen hard (even at slightly louder than normal listening volumes) to discern them, making it sound muddy overall. To give it the benefit of the doubt, I replayed it after my system was completely warmed up (may be one and half hours after switching on and playing) and it still sounded the same. Not a good buy.
Joshua

Hi Joshua,

What's the cartridge you have mounted in your TT.

N.Murali

Hi,
I too got all the latest releases. Recording is not that good as it used to be in 70s-80s. I guess that's because of digital source and not using the spool tapes as source anymore. Yet a good effort and commendable. It certainly sounds better and cleaner than Audio C.Ds.
-Jai

got my copy of vande matharam over the weekend...its says 180gm...hard to believe, it seems to weigh the same as a normal LP...quality on vande matharam was pretty good but I thought Jhoota Hi Sahi sounded better...guess its got something to do with the original source mastering...!!

Ordered a copy of Eye in the Sky from flipkart , came within a week and reasonably packaged

got my copy of vande matharam over the weekend...its says 180gm...hard to believe, it seems to weigh the same as a normal LP...quality on vande matharam was pretty good but I thought Jhoota Hi Sahi sounded better...guess its got something to do with the original source mastering...!!

Same here - doesn't look 180gm at all. I have one 180gm and that is way thicker.

I have all the new ones (barring Vande Mataram) ... RDB, Lagaan & Jodha Akbar!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back