Good news for vinyl Lovers

Hi guys,
Dil to pagal Hain , DDLJ and 1942 a love story vinyls are out and Music world in Calcutta has them. I guess it should be true for other music worlds in other places as well. Let us hope we will enjoy this new vinyls with India as world cup winners.
Thanks.

I believe the above titles are from SAREGAMA (HMV) and strangly enough cannot find anything on Saregama website...!!!!!

The website is horrible.

Hi guys,
Dil to pagal Hain , DDLJ and 1942 a love story vinyls are out and Music world in Calcutta has them. I guess it should be true for other music worlds in other places as well. Let us hope we will enjoy this new vinyls with India as world cup winners.
Thanks.

I don't think we have a Music World in Mumbai. Never seen it at any of the prominent locations.

But yeah strange, can't find anything about them anywhere else too - not on saregama site, not on flipkart, not on rhythm house :mad:

probably the sales team of the companies would have forgotten to update in this ICC World Cup fever.lol.....:lol: hopefull to see these goldies in this week.......
sri

Hi,
got the vinyls today and they are very good. They are all Saregama releases mastered in Germany.Very reasonably priced at Rs 699 MRP and the best part is they have very good inner sleeves so no need to replace the inner sleeve like I had to do for earlier Sony releases.India winning world cup yesterday and three new vinyls from my favourite hindi film music can't ask for more on a sunny sunday.
Also found this interesting link of vinyl vendors in India.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/HTEditImages/Images/12_03_pg13a.html
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi
:sad: I have sold all my LP, EP, collection with Cosmic Direct Drive Turntable, , 2 years ago, purchased from Amzel in Mumbai.

Thanks
cosmic:sad::sad:

Its time to Bring out my Antic Sonodyne Direct Drive TT and my small collection of LP's Scorpians world wide live, Iron maiden and some very old classics :)

guys can anyone bid up for me on this???
we can arrange for cash transaction. all i need is someone who can bid for this lot on my behalf.
pm me plz with your phone number.
84 Metal LP's:UFO,Led Zeppelin,Kiss,AC/DC,Guns N'Roses+ | eBay
it includes DARK SIDE OF MOOOOOONNNNNN...... manav, ashish, sumeet anyone help me. i wish to get this lot

Last edited:
1942 ALS, DDLJ, DTPH VNYALS RECORDING QUALITY ARE VERY GOOD
THESE ARE THE DREAM LP FOR THE VNYAL LOVERS...
THANKS SAREGAMA FOR RELEASE THESE ON VNYALS..:clapping:

REGARDS,
SAMIT

guys can anyone bid up for me on this???
we can arrange for cash transaction. all i need is someone who can bid for this lot on my behalf.
pm me plz with your phone number.
84 Metal LP's:UFO,Led Zeppelin,Kiss,AC/DC,Guns N'Roses+ | eBay
it includes DARK SIDE OF MOOOOOONNNNNN...... manav, ashish, sumeet anyone help me. i wish to get this lot

In his description, he mentions no international shipping.

Also please note, if you are paying using PayPal some eBay members only ships the items to a confirmed PayPal address. It's better to check with them first.

I purchased the DDLJ LP from Galleria market in Gurgaon yesterday evening! :) The store also had the other two Saragama releases with them.

Is it just me or others also think that the audio quality could have been better?

I compared the sound from the DDLJ LP to the Sony releases that I have (RDB and Lagaan). The sound was much more open and had depth in those recordings, something that is missing(?) in this one.
I was telling myself that DDLJ was an older recording (1995) than the other two, but that should not be reason to have a poor master, right?
Thoughts on the comparison, anyone?

Recording standards weren't particularly great in the 1990s , and we couldn't really notice, on the kind of cassette tapes that the record cos. put out back then. It's no surprise that RDB and Lagaan sound better, ARR soundtracks normally do.

Having said that , I havent heard , and am very unlikely to hear any of these LPs. Try comparing to the CD of DDLJ and see

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back