Google+ Hangout on Smart TV

lockerz1

I have a Samsung 32F5500 which is a Smart TV. I have also got the required Skype Camera for it. I need to know whether it is possible to use Google+ Hangouts for group video chatting on this TV? Has anybody tried using Google+ Hangouts on any Smart TV. If yes, then is it possible to do this via your regular gmail account, or do you need any special app for it? If an app is needed, then which is the best app to do so?

I don't think you can do that directly from your TV as your TV doesn't have that app. You can try logging into your Google account and Hangout from there. If you buy a media player in future, make sure they have the GTalk app or GoogleTV app or at least, option to download on your media player.

The app store doesn't seem to have an app for Google+ Hangouts for Samsung Smart TV's. I will try logging onto my Gmail account and then using hangouts from there. Lets see whether the Skype camera works with Google+ Hangouts, or does it work only for 'Skype' as the name suggests.

If you've got the Samsung Skype Cam, I don't think it will work with G+ as it's programmed only for Skype :sad:

Hi,

this question might be a repeat question of lockerz1 :)

I have a Samsung U48H6400 which is a Smart TV which has an option of Skype Camera for chat could that be extend for Google Hangout on this TV?

When I tried to figure out the Google Crome or Google Hangout app on the Samsung App store it does not show up there, kindly need some help.

As mentioned in the below link, the samsung TV has Google Crome and Play Store installed because its first Samsung Google TV, so could something like this be extended for Samsung U48H6400?
http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/31/3...deo-hands-on-chrome-youtube-google-play-store

Kr,
Sudhan

Last edited:
Back