Got to buy 2 LCD/Plasma Help Reqd.

pm123

Dear friends,

Require your help in deciding 2 TV's one 32" for my bedroom and one 40/42" for my TV room. I have shortlisted the following:

32"TV
(i) Sony 32V550a
(ii) Samsung 32b530
(iii) Samsung 32b550
(iv) Philips PFL325609

40/42"
(i) Sony 40V550A
(ii) Samsung LED 6000
(iii) Panasonic P42G10

My Max usage is TataSky+ DTH and some weekend movies throug DVD/WDTV.

Please help me decide as i am confused. All the above TV's are within my budget. Sound is not a big criteria as I am getting a HTS.

Thanks in advance.

Piyush.

Hi

I am a happy user of the Pana P42G10. I can heartily recommend it.

I too am using TataSky+ and WDTV.

However, once you have seen HD Ready / Full HD on this TV using your WDTV, then Tatasky+ looks very ordinary.

What is your viewing distance? If it is 10 ft or more, then you will love even the Tatasky+. Mine is 8 ft. So in my case, I can tell the difference more.

Why do you want to get a 32" for the bedroom? Are you sitting very close to the TV?

Cheers

Go for Philips PFL325609 for 32"
Go for Panasonic P42G10 for 42"

Dont go for sony or samsung. they are producing more colour and brightness, so when you see a scene which is already bright, you will not able to see the picture it will become a bright light. and when you see the black and white movie in the screen, both sony and samsung are showing black colur as grey since they are producing more colour. Stay away from sony and samsung if you want to see the natural colur or natural movie.

Hi

I am a happy user of the Pana P42G10. I can heartily recommend it.

I too am using TataSky+ and WDTV.

However, once you have seen HD Ready / Full HD on this TV using your WDTV, then Tatasky+ looks very ordinary.

That is what I have read in several posts in the forum that the SD quality on Pana G10 is pathetic.

What is your viewing distance? If it is 10 ft or more, then you will love even the Tatasky+. Mine is 8 ft. So in my case, I can tell the difference more.

Viewing distance is 7 ft.

Why do you want to get a 32" for the bedroom? Are you sitting very close to the TV?

Cheers

more than 32" will look too big in the room

Last edited:

Dont go for sony or samsung. they are producing more colour and brightness, so when you see a scene which is already bright, you will not able to see the picture it will become a bright light. and when you see the black and white movie in the screen, both sony and samsung are showing black colur as grey since they are producing more colour. Stay away from sony and samsung if you want to see the natural colur or natural movie.

The problem is that Philips TV are not easily available and their after sales service is pathetic and SD on (TataSky+) on Pana G10 is very pathetic(that is what i've heard). What is your experience with TataSky+ on G10.

what are u talking about,the sony and samsung can show much better blacks then the philips.they both have backlight control ,unlike the philips .

@op get sony 32"if u can afford it.
for the 40" get the b6000,still better for sd then the panasonic g10,has more contrast then the sony v550a.

what are u talking about,the sony and samsung can show much better blacks then the philips.they both have backlight control ,unlike the philips .

@op get sony 32"if u can afford it.
for the 40" get the b6000,still better for sd then the panasonic g10,has more contrast then the sony v550a.

by b6000 you mean samsung LED TV?

42" - Panny G10
32" Go for VFM brands such as LG, Panny, etc. FUll HD or HD ready dosent matter too much at this screen size

42" - Panny G10
32" Go for VFM brands such as LG, Panny, etc. FUll HD or HD ready dosent matter too much at this screen size

I am getting confused regarding which one to go for. I got an advice to go for Samsung LED from one member and some members are recommending Panny G10. Please help me decide as my max use will be Tatasky+.

I would say go for the Philips 5609. Its a 32 inch Full HD LCD TV (I am buying it today, after lot of research on internet). Checkout its specs and decide.

I am getting confused regarding which one to go for. I got an advice to go for Samsung LED from one member and some members are recommending Panny G10. Please help me decide as my max use will be Tatasky+.

PV8 from panny is also an excellent choice for SD viewing. It an HD ready set though. Can get it for a good bargain. Seen people having bought at upto 37.5 K in this forum.

PV8 from panny is also an excellent choice for SD viewing. It an HD ready set though. Can get it for a good bargain. Seen people having bought at upto 37.5 K in this forum.

No Point in going for an HD ready TV since i watch HD/BD rips thru WDTV also although much less than DTH.

Hi,

If you buy a 42' FHD like the G10 the viewing distance,it seems, should be around 5 feet to enjoy the FHD pics. For SD, people have mixed views about the G10. Since i bought my Plasma for my bedroom i can never watch it from 5 feet distance.The formula goes that your viewing distance for a FHD TV can only 1 and half times of your screen size. Bought a PV8 recently.Even ripped 1080p contents burnt on DVD looks fantastic on it.I think 1080p or 720p pictures from a BDP or a Media Player will look awesome on it. The G10 will set you back by another 27-28k.It is finally your take to go for a FHD or HD Ready depending on your needs. But never go for a 32' FHD TV. The Tatasky almost equals my CRT pics on the PV8.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:

well since u will be using the TS+ go for the samsung tvs like their LED lcds,they have the best de interlacers which is required for ur TS+ via component out.

regarding the G10 its quite the opposite when it comes to de interlacing,also lately many member in the US forums are reporting that the G10 looses its capability to deliver deep blacks over time,in some cases even worst then a el cheapo computer monitors.

Today had a demo of G10 with Sun DTH and blu-ray. The blu-ray pictures were fantastic but the picture
quality of TV broadcast through set top box was a let-down. I think I will now look at either sony w550A or samsung led 6 series.

2Hi
I am a newbie just like you I posted for advice
see my requests for a 42" very similar to your but budget limited to 50K

I narrowed down to
Panny C10 (panasonic)
sammy B450 (samsung)

Blasto (moderator or expert ) eegave a good exchange on picture and quality aspects.
Of course it is finally down to personal choice.
Search the forum for user beebwa or see
links below and get some insight.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/7655-decide-beween-3-tvs-55k.html?
or
http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/7651-deciding-between-3-tv-upto-50k.html?

From what I have learnt it seems that the
Sammy has a good image rendering engine
Panny is very good on black contrasts and good if you are gaming otherwise for SD Sammy has an edge
But if you are living in a metro or have a multi-brand showroom visit them see the two side by side and decide.Don't forget to take you own disks or dvds that you want to compare with.
Like Blasto saiys stay away from Co showrooms as their prices can be higher than multi brand.
Hope this helps

Back