Group Buy for single driver speaker build

Best full range driver

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am updating the reduced price for MoQ of 5 pairs for Alpair 10s. The dealer is quoting 160USD/pair as the lowest offer. This is 60USD lesser than what Madisound sells. I am starting the list of the committed buyers below. Interested members please post,
1. sashijoseph

Last edited:
2. Magma
Im intrested but i want delivery in China ( most probably Yiwu) itself - ill manage from there

2. Magma
Im intrested but i want delivery in China ( most probably Yiwu) itself - ill manage from there
can you manage to take delivery of complete shipment? confirm the exact delivery place in China, i shall speak to the hongkong dealer about this

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on this forum although I have been browsing posts on this forum. I initially started with using the peerless drivers and found them to be OK but the major issue with them is the lack of support for designs for cabinets.

I came in contact with Shivaprashanth with whom I have been exchanging emails. He has pursuaded me to post my experience and pics.

I am posting this to share my work with the full range markaudio speakers. I stumbled upon these drivers while browsing on the diyaudio forum where there is a big following of these drivers.
The main reason for me finally selecting the full range drivers was that they are very simple to construct i.e. no worries about the crossover components. I wanted to see how well these drivers can perform.
I finally ordered the CHR 70 and CHP 70 from madisound and asked someone coming from US to carry them for me.

I have got pensil enclosures for these drivers and they look and sound really good. Anyone who has heard these speakers has liked it. The vocals are just amazing and they are particularly good with jazz, gazals, acoustic guitar kind of stuff. I do feel that I might need to use some sort of bracing for these.
I am so happy with these drivers that I have ordered more of these and the Alpair 10 too. Shiva told me about the group buy but I was impatient and ordered mire directly since I got a good deal too :)

I am powering them with a diy LM1875 amp with one amp for each channel. The amplifier has been a BIG surprise. I never though that this DIY amp will sound so good. I am getting LM 3886 based amp doen and will try that with the alpairs. If anyone wants details on the amp they can contact me.

I am also posting the pics for speakers in the pensil enclosures. The cabinet is made from plywood with a teak veneer. The dark one is the one that is stained with dark walnut stain and then a semi gloss PU coating. The lighter one is unfinished and I am going to get it finished in the same stain as the dark one.
The black one is the latest one which is done in MDF and black laquer.
Pardon the quality of the pics, they were taken using phone camera.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3343.jpg
    IMG_3343.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3349.jpg
    IMG_3349.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3360.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3332.jpg
    IMG_3332.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 108
I am playing mark audio 10.2 ( gold) in pencil cabinets with ta2020 amp in Bangalore . Forum members are welcome to listen to it .
I am no audiophile or audio expert , so beyond that I cannot help much .

But you could ask hfm "kaushik" who recently auditioned my speakers and seemed impressed. :)

Currently I do not have a proper 2RCA to 2 RCA cable ( from ODAC to ta2020) , so if anybody wants to come bring your own cable .

I finally ordered the CHR 70 and CHP 70 from madisound and asked someone coming from US to carry them for me.

Hi there....
wonderful build.....looks very nice, hope it sounds great too.
Between the CHR70 (metal cone) and the CHP70 (paper cone), which one do you prefer? Which one of the two do you think has a sweeter sounding top end?

Thanks,
APK

I have one doubt and cant help but ask it:
How will the Mark Audio drivers fare in a horn loaded design? I am confused between Fostex and Mark Audio. fostex are said to be better suited for horn loaded designs with some proven combinations. At this moment a horn loaded design is the one I really want (am advised).
(Reason for asking: I have been guided for horn loaded design for my taste of music.) Either reply or PM me. Don't want to dilute this good thread :)
Thanks!

Last edited:
well thats why the old ones are going for a discount

manu
your build is in MDF ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back