Group Buy for single driver speaker build

Best full range driver

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will soon start to build cabinet for our Fostex FE126EN 4.7" Full Range Driver.

We are thinking of doing the cabinet with CNC this time.

Our plan for the cabinet build goes like this.

Finish: Veneer with matte PU Coating. Exclusive Veneer Designs by Indias best Veneer Company Green Decowood
Cabinet material: MDF.
Cabinet foot: Daytone Spike set.

For Fostex we will be making Frugel-hornMk3.

http://www.p10hifi.net/FH/downloads/frugel-hornMk3-1v0-250212.pdf

If anybody is interested in outsourcing their cabinet work for Alpair, Fostex etc, It will be our pleasure to help them out.

Thanks,
bijinmb

Last edited:
Posting few images of driver (Fostex FE126en)

img8293hx.jpg

img8286l.jpg

img8288b.jpg

img8291in.jpg

Thanks,
Bibin

I am updating pricelist for whatever drivers the dealer is stocking at the moment and for which considerable discount is possible,

driver -price (USD)

MA 6M -95/pairs(min.5pairs) 90/pairs(min.10pairs)
FE206En -188/pairs(min.6pairs)
FF125WK -100/pairs(min.5pairs)
FE166En -140/pairs(min.4pairs)
A12P -300/pairs(min.2pairs)

Note: Alpair 10.2 stock is over at the dealer. currently 10.3 is quoted at 200USD/pair (after production starts, they will be available)

will the cabinet design be same for many of these? so thar one can try out different drivers over time
each cabinet is designed specifically to one particular driver. all of these drivers (except MA 6M) demand TL designs to bringout the best in them. so cabinet design will not be same for many of these drivers.

Hi !

I received Mark Alpair 10.2 Gold Drivers hand carried from Hong Kong this morning. Thank you Soundnovice, for organizing the buy.

Now on to design for HT.

Jayant

Hi !

I received Mark Alpair 10.2 Gold Drivers hand carried from Hong Kong this morning. Thank you Soundnovice, for organizing the buy.

Now on to design for HT.

Jayant

good news there! please keep the thread updated with the build. what are you planning for front left and right speakers?

so is magma still doing the cabinets or not? confused! I wanted to join this group buy only if he is doing the cabinets :)

magma was doing the cabs only if he could get his hands on the 10.2 alpairs
but it seems the dealer has no stock of the 10.2 left

so now magma has no drivers to build his cab

nor do you have any 10.2 drivers to buy

You can either wait for the 10.3 and pay higher price or buy the 12p
(i dont know how they both compare though )

magma was doing the cabs only if he could get his hands on the 10.2 alpairs
but it seems the dealer has no stock of the 10.2 left

so now magma has no drivers to build his cab

nor do you have any 10.2 drivers to buy

You can either wait for the 10.3 and pay higher price or buy the 12p
(i dont know how they both compare though )
Bob Brine mentioned that 10.3 has got improved high end and some more sensitivity. other than that nothing much different than 10.2. it would be a better upgrade to 10.2, but not sure if its worth the extra cost. i heard to A12p in super pencils. they are very good at mids and highs and respectable bass is there, but despite having bigger cone, bass is lesser than that of 10.2.

keep asking the dealer for 10.2
also see if you can get a sweeter deal for 10.3

if yes i think there are at least 4 interested parties for 10.2/10.3 (all 3 want me to build the cabs)
maybe more will join
if this goes through i can do the cabs- it will turn out economical

keep asking the dealer for 10.2
also see if you can get a sweeter deal for 10.3

if yes i think there are at least 4 interested parties for 10.2/10.3 (all 3 want me to build the cabs)
maybe more will join
if this goes through i can do the cabs- it will turn out economical

:thumbsup:
will try my best

how many plans(variations) are there for the 10.3 currently
which is the most popular ?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back