Group Buy - Panasonic 50VT20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we dont have to bother about windows/doors are open or not?

what other Plus and minuses compared to 51D550?

Praveen.

VT20 has no reflection. But its light output is just about 60 nits compared to 160+ nits of 51D550. Hence you have to watch it dark room to get best performance.

am in for one. Need to get it financed using bajaj finserve. Am from gurgaon. Please help guys. Can I get one locally in Delhi-NCR?

VT20 has no issues if content is being watched with side window-curtains fully opened, even in the noon. cant say though for opposite facing windows, as i have none, but other members here would be able to throw light on that. for that matter, take just today's case. was playing bad company 2 today in the evening, around 1700 hrs. windows were fully covered. i felt somewhat uneasy, as always, to sit with such 'closed-room' conditions, esp. in the evening, and threw open the curtains as well as the window to let the cool evening breeze come in, and what a pleasant change it was, with NO NEGATIVE EFFECT whatsoever on the brightness output of the TV, considering games where lighting/brightness is an important thing so as not to crush details.

VT20 has no issues if content is being watched with side window-curtains fully opened, even in the noon. cant say though for opposite facing windows, as i have none, but other members here would be able to throw light on that.

Yeah. Opposite windows will create problems. Need to be curtained. Side ones will be non issues.
Anient light (tube lights etc) will have no effect whatsoever.

Hi Prankey, I too would like to go in for 65k with 2x glasses and transit covered shipping deal.
I am from Bangalore.
I had few queries though.
1. How is the reflection compared to Samsung 51D550 ( Sammy is very reflective for my viewing condition)
2. What happens in case we get a defective piece from Croma Mumbai here in Bangalore?

Obviously its the best AR filter as compared to any other plasmas. But 51D550 has better overall picture quality especially 3D (in terms of performance, comfort and less than 5 times the cost for a glass). And USB support is best on Samsung TVs including 3D which is not available on Panny.

Defects other than transit damage should be handled by Panasonic locally and we can even claim upto full refund if needed. I will check on the transit damage claim part and let all know.

NO reflection problem at all. It has a matte screen like the matte screens of IBM laptops versus the newer multimedia laptops with an ugly (glossy) screens.
Hehe, you seems to be the biggest fan of this TV.

FYI - there can be NO Matt finished Plasma TVs, EVER! :D

Its the best AR, yet, but far from a true matt finished LCD as you have on your Laptop (in terms of reflections). Probably you need to clean your lappy's screen to get away from glossy reflections ;)

So we dont have to bother about windows/doors are open or not?

what other Plus and minuses compared to 51D550?

Praveen.
Check on this and various threads, I still prefer 51D550 as its a much better practical choice with all necessary features. But VT20 has its own strengths.

THX certification and several fine tuning options for user. Easily beats the rest. Period.
Fine tuning is actually better on 51D550 especially if we change the model to a D6500 or so. You get 10 point calibration option which is not available on VT20. Also, 51D550 beats VT20 by a HUGE margin in terms of 3D quality (especially color accuracy). Also, 2D calibrated colors look bit better on D550 as compared to even a further calibrated THX mode on VT20. Add the 50Hz motion judder, Sammy becomes a winner ;) (wonder what you have to say now :))

am in for one. Need to get it financed using bajaj finserve. Am from gurgaon. Please help guys. Can I get one locally in Delhi-NCR?
Contact Joydeep from this forum. You would need a local NCR address for finance option. Same you could do through Mumbai (if at all you have a local address there.

VT20 has no issues if content is being watched with side window-curtains fully opened, even in the noon. cant say though for opposite facing windows, as i have none, but other members here would be able to throw light on that. for that matter, take just today's case. was playing bad company 2 today in the evening, around 1700 hrs. windows were fully covered. i felt somewhat uneasy, as always, to sit with such 'closed-room' conditions, esp. in the evening, and threw open the curtains as well as the window to let the cool evening breeze come in, and what a pleasant change it was, with NO NEGATIVE EFFECT whatsoever on the brightness output of the TV, considering games where lighting/brightness is an important thing so as not to crush details.
I have checked at the showroom. Reflections are like the Samsung LED TVs (wavy but they are there, heavily tinted though).

Basically to avoid reflections, you have to watch in a dark room (especially movies with a lot of dark scenes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back