Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

If print design company print CDs covers, they deliver it to the music company which in turn sends it to the cd pressing plant. With the exception of T Series and Sony Music, no music company has its own cd pressing plant. It's outsourced. If you see the portion just before the plastic portion of the cd you will see who has manufactured it.

If YRF just says manufactured and marketed by YRF then it's wrong. They are required to write manufactured for YRF by xxxxx.

CDs pressed by Sony DADC and Koch Rajesh are normally nice

Last edited:
Even before Sony DADC, Saregama was mentioning CDs are manufactured by Saregama India Ltd. (I have double checked before posting my comment)

Koch Rajes media was used on Tips CDs, but still they also used to write Manufactured by Tips Industries Ltd.

I really don't understand your question. As I mentioned Saregama and Tips do not have cd pressing plants. They were outsourced. So if they have said manufactured by Saregama, it's technically a wrong statement. The laws are probably not so strict so nobody has taken them to task. If you see a toothpaste pack or a shampoo pack you will see details as to which third party has manufactured that paste for say Unilever

Last edited:
I was saying very few companies mention it is manufactured by third party, they mention their own name at the place of Manufacturer. And I think Koch Rajes was manufacturer of CDs (blank media) so that companies can use them for their own use.

No prepress. Koch Rajesh manufactured CDs for all music companies. The cd manufacturing was outsourced to Koch Rajesh, Jetspeed, Sagarika, Moser Baer etc. You cannot press on blank CDs. You can only write/record on them. To make say a Taal cd, you would first make a glass master from which the final CDs were pressed. Where you make the glassmaster is very important. Sony DADC used to get it made in Austria those days. Koch Rajesh from Koch abroad. Which is why their pressings were very good

Yes, that time (Late 90's) mostly CDs including TAAL were Koch Rajes ones. Venus was using Jet Speed CDs but I liked KR ones. I had got a KR CD in Saregama/Sony DADC packing.

Saregama has licensed their catalogue for physical media to Sony Music. Technically Sony Music can get the cd manufactured by anyone. In this case capacity at Sony DADC must have been full and so it must have been outsourced to KR. Or it must be old stock lying which was put in new packaging

It was newly manufactured and printing letters on that CD were black in color, same like they do on their own ones. May be because of manufacturing capacity they outsourced.

So you guys has any plan to get next release? Like you said "We can always have one more compilation" :)

As I said I have made the cover for that future release (I am dreaming) :D

Apologies to start the day with bad News. But today morning I was listening to the album. I noticed minor scratches. I thought it was because of my mishandling. So I checked remaining 6 sealed albums. I found total 4 records with scratches. One has minor the other three has scratches good enough to be bothered about. They are in small area the rest part of record is mint. (I have given away one as a gift to a member friend, Will know in a day or two once it reaches him. Hope it is in good condition or replace it). What can be done ?
Best regards.

Hiten, i have informed Rajesh about this. Once I hear from him will update you

It was newly manufactured and printing letters on that CD were black in color, same like they do on their own ones. May be because of manufacturing capacity they outsourced.

So you guys has any plan to get next release? Like you said "We can always have one more compilation" :)

As I said I have made the cover for that future release (I am dreaming) :D

We were not given the option this time . They Just informed us in the last minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Hiten

Pl send the scratched lps back to

Rajesh Menon
Sony Dadc Manufacturing India Pvt Ltd
C-106, Trans Thane Creek, Midc Industrial Area, Pawane.
Navi Mumbai..400705.

They will replace them with new ones

In the meantime pl pm me your address so that they can ship the new ones to you

Rajesh just mentioned that a few lps have come back. He does not know why. Probably address is wrong or no one was there or delivery was refused. He will send me the details on Monday

Yesterday listened to the LP along with a special guest Dr Suresh Chandvankar. We both enjoyed it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Compared it with a 2002 Saathiya CD and a 2002 Thakshak CD. The Saathiya songs on the record sound much better much than the CD. The Thakshak CD is much closer to the record.

i havent heard sathiya and aye udi udi on my current system ( radio and mp3 dont count. mujhe rang de is itched into my mind.
in my opinion-
1. sonu s and adnan s vocals are lean.
2. ashaji s voice in mujhe rang de is full bodied and has that vinyl warmth. it lacks that 'can almost see singer's vocal cords move' feeling that older vinyls had.
3. i think the vinyl has a little low gain. i had to pump up the volume just a tad bit higher.
4. sybillance is there for a blind man to see.
i am happy with resolution and soundstaging of that rahman orchestration.
i wish to ask you, ( and other esteemed members who have listened to both, cd/cassette and lp) whats their take on vocals of these songs please vis a vis on cd format.

Thanks a lot Prem. Very Nice of the company to replace them. I will keep the minor scuff one with me. No problem and Will replace other.
My printing works get done at Turbhe MIDC. On the way I can hand carry and replace if possible and not to bother the company. Otherwise I will courier.
Once again thanks.
Regards.

i havent heard sathiya and aye udi udi on my current system ( radio and mp3 dont count. mujhe rang de is itched into my mind.
in my opinion-
1. sonu s and adnan s vocals are lean.
2. ashaji s voice in mujhe rang de is full bodied and has that vinyl warmth. it lacks that 'can almost see singer's vocal cords move' feeling that older vinyls had.
3. i think the vinyl has a little low gain. i had to pump up the volume just a tad bit higher.
4. sybillance is there for a blind man to see.
i am happy with resolution and soundstaging of that rahman orchestration.
i wish to ask you, ( and other esteemed members who have listened to both, cd/cassette and lp) whats their take on vocals of these songs please vis a vis on cd format.
Thanks for sharing. As we have different equipments different ears and different liking for tone, different rooms we can collect common listening impression. And experienced audiophiles can pass our impressions to the companies/vinyl mfgrs. But do keep in mind that we may not get what we like in future titles. I think for vinyl cutters there may be technical norms to be followed while manufacturing. They cant go beyond that. New Vinyl sales are in nascent stage in India. Music companies are taking risks to sell vinyl media here. I think there was some mention of HMV vinyl employee who used to be in the HMV plant in Kolkatta. May be people like them can help. I really want this to grow.
Regards.

Hiten, I have shared your number with Rajesh. He will call you and fix a mutually agreeable time where you can go across and have the vinyls exchanged

Hiten, I have shared your number with Rajesh. He will call you and fix a mutually agreeable time where you can go across and have the vinyls exchanged
Thats supernice. Thanks a ton. :)
Yesterday listened to the LP along with a special guest Dr Suresh Chandvankar. We both enjoyed it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Walking encylcopedia of 78 rpms. My first contact with him was a decade a go. I got hold of 60/70 78 rpm and I called him for reference. I doubt if he remembers. Nice Man. My 78 rpm collection is now just about 8/10. I have kept some Indian classical which I liked at that time. Akhtari Bai, Bai Rasoolan Bai, Pt. Omkarnath Thakur and few other I remember. But me no have machine to play them now :)
Regards.

You don't have to thank me Hiten. If Arj, Srinivas and I have taken responsibility for this group buy it's our job to ensure all defective vinyls are replaced

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back