Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

3 Names sent to Rajesh over non receipt...

apk
audiophile001
niccolewis

Anyone else ?
if any of you 3 have received your copy pls do update

Received my 5 LPs three days back. Checked them today and found that there are no scratches at all. All are in mint condition as they should be! A R Rehman is not the genre that I like (still a K L Saigal fan) but joined the group just to see how the whole thing works out. I must say that the record has come out really well. Played the LP and found the reproduction to be excellent! Thanks a million to Arj, Srinivas and Prem for all the hard work, you guys have done great job!!!!!

3 Names sent to Rajesh over non receipt...

apk
audiophile001
niccolewis

Anyone else ?
if any of you 3 have received your copy pls do update
\

Hi,

I have received my copy of the Rehman LP. Saathiya sounds very good. The LP though new is slightly warped. But plays all right.

Regards
Atanu

Thanks a lot to Fm cooltoad (Mr. R.Raghwan) to pass his LP to me and enjoying all tracks since last week. Nice 180gm LP with good pressing.

Also would like to thanks each and every beloved member behind this one of its kind project. i m always in for next order.

Thanks a lot again.

I finally made some time to listen to the whole record. Given that the masters are digital, the pressings are very very good, I must say. This is really high quality stuff. I am really happy, and would happily participate in any future project like this. I think the efforts put in by arjun and prem (after the birth of the initial idea) have been worth it. A sincere and hearty congratulations to both of them.

The Saathiya songs have that slight edge reminding us of their digital origin. But in the vinyl form, the vocals are devoid of any sibilance that my CD version unfortunately carries. Saathiya songs are also remarkably clean (sonically). The original recording and mastering, albeit digital, was indeed of high quality. Overall, the vinyl is much better than the CD, one just needs to listen to the "Chupke se" song and listen and compare Sadhna Sargam's voice. That voice comes out gorgeously well in the vinyl, sparkling yet not biting (which the CD is, at times).

Takshak songs are more full-bodied, I agree. And, there is a tad more instrument separation in these songs. I just loved the initial tabla pieces just before Ashaji's passage. Asha ji and Roopkumar sound fabulous and involving.

If this is the result, I think we should do it again. I have paid much much more for vinyl, and got much less quality, in the past.

At the end, I must admit of one disclaimer here. Both my amp and phono pre-amp are fully tubed instruments. Even my CDP has a tube in the output stage. Hence all my judgements may not be valid for people who are using completely solid state stuff.

Hi Asit, great to hear from you on this !

Incidentally when i first got the LP i found it thin sounding and lacking body for several songs and was a bit concerned. yesterday i figured out that my cartridge was not correctly aligned and the overhang was less by around 2 mm.
Changed it and after that this LP really shone through. Great soundstage and Sathiya sounded so much better ! better than the Flacs i have heard by a huge margin on my setup

Couple of folks mentioned about the CD sounding better though. I do have a view on A/B between LP and CD and why it is never a great idea

When we compare 2 mediums we are not just comparing a CD vs LP but the LP+ TT++ cartridge+Phono to the CD + CD player (+ dac)

too many variables which change sound to do an objective A/B. a A/B works well only if you are able to change one parameter...here there are too many

to give an example i also tried the Denon DL103R MC and also my Nagaoka MP50 (older version of the 500)

- The DL 103R sounded Comparatively a lot more fuller in the midrange with lesser high frequency extension but lower details/separation ( mine is an Aluminium body DL103R)
- The Nagaoka sounded less dynamic and thinner but since the details were lower also sounded very organic although a decent CD player would perhaps sound better

The ART9 of course takes it to a different level.

I dont have any of the original CDs ( Indian pressings anyway are not great)

Last edited:
arj, I fully agree with your views on the comparison of vinyl and CD. Part of that was reflected in the disclaimer at the end of my post. Of course, whatever I wrote is valid only on my set of equipments.

However, the bottomline is, in my opinion, this LP is a very respectable production. I have quite a few newly produced LPs of Bollywood films, paying more than what I paid for this one.

The Saathiya original CD has several issues, in my opinion. One of them is, it sounds a bit artificial. The LP, in comparison, in my system, sounds more organic.

arj, I fully agree with your views on the comparison of vinyl and CD. Part of that was reflected in the disclaimer at the end of my post. Of course, whatever I wrote is valid only on my set of equipments.

However, the bottomline is, in my opinion, this LP is a very respectable production. I have quite a few newly produced LPs of Bollywood films, paying more than what I paid for this one.

The Saathiya original CD has several issues, in my opinion. One of them is, it sounds a bit artificial. The LP, in comparison, in my system, sounds more organic.

Yes Asit , this was because of several other messages/discussions i had on this and was only triggered by your post :)

BTW yours are one of the very few ears/experience and depth of knowledge i trust completely !

the following folks packages returned back so have given your phone nos as well for rechecking .
They are reshipping
John_k_antony
Kingshuk
Prateembayal

Have also given the feedback regarding

apk
audiophile001 ( No Phone number for them to contact)
niccolewis
Naeem ( no phone number)
dr Anil

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back