Guru speakers

Rupam

Has anyone auditioned The Guru speakers (QM60)?

I found them very good looking.

Do they sound as good as they look? I'm not taking the internet reviews in consideration but looking for more personal view of these speakers from FM.

Here is the link : Guru Audio

6_550px.jpg

The price > may be around 6,995 , not sure....

Since you are interested in them & in same city as the distri, why not contact them??? :rolleyes:

Distri Address:
Promises Instruments P. Ltd.
45 Shakespeare Sarani
Kolkata 700017
India
Land Line: 033-22836290, 22834461.
Mobile: 09903371100
Email: [email protected]

I had a similar concept of time alignment in my earlier TL FS speaker demoed at the Mumbai HFV meet - 2012.

Thanks Hari Sir,
The concept of concept of time alignment often commands high price. As you have experience in this field, can you please say if there is really a perceptible improvement in time aligned speakers?

Thanks Hari Sir,
The concept of concept of time alignment often commands high price. As you have experience in this field, can you please say if there is really a perceptible improvement in time aligned speakers?

Time alignment works well if you are using a first order filter where there is an overlap of frequencies between speakers (mid-woofer/ Tweeter) near the cross-over point. The time alignment of the acoustic wavefront allows the soundwaves to arrive coincidently to your ears rather than being shifted in phase and time. This prevents cancellation of common frequencies from the drivers which interact at the frequencies.
Since for a first order filter the frequencies are just -6dB lower per octave this is more applicable. For speakers that uses higher order cross-over like say a 24dB/octave, the time alignment will not be that much significant as the overlap of the frequencies are minimum due to their steep slope of the filter curves.
First order filters have zero degree phase shift and a 24db/octave filter is reverse in phase by 360 deg.

The Guru speakers - bookshelf and the floorstander are both very good, at the price of the floorstander however there are plenty of options.

cheers

Has anyone auditioned The Guru speakers (QM60)?

I found them very good looking.

Do they sound as good as they look? I'm not taking the internet reviews in consideration but looking for more personal view of these speakers from FM.

Here is the link : Guru Audio

6_550px.jpg

The price > may be around 6,995 , not sure....

They look like a work of art! Amazing specifications. I hope a owner can share the insight on these speakers.

• RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER POWER- 5W-150W
  • TYPICAL IN-ROOM RESPONSE- 30Hz - 30Khz
--
helium
SB Classic + CA Dac Magic + Lyrita EL84 + Vintage B&W DM4 / Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE + Lyrita's IC & Speaker cables

nakamichi, Just amazed to see your sig. All Naks !!! Can you please tell me where did you got those naks? Once I was fascinated by them, now When I can afford them the company vanished .....

Guru speakers do look interesting. Maybe if they sound as good as they look then I can consider them in my system. Now I have to search where I can hear these beauties.

Yes, they are available at MGF Metropolitan Mall. Gurgaon.

I recieved a mail from them.............

The Guru Speakers have reached New Delhi today and can be heard at Decibels.

The Price for a pair of QM10two is Rs. 1,49,000/- + vat.

With Every Possible Best Wish,

Manoj Bhatia
Kolkata. India
Contacts
Inquiries : [email protected]
Automation : 033-22902644, [email protected]
Auto-Safe : 033-22836290, [email protected]
Audio-Visual - Retail : 09903371100, [email protected]
Audio-Visual - Project : 033-22834461. [email protected]
Service : 09143517128, [email protected]
Accounts : 09830336898, [email protected]

--
helium
SB Classic + CA Dac Magic + Lyrita EL84 + Vintage Akai SW-175 & B&W DM4 + Lyrita's IC & Speaker cables
For sale Speaker- Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary

Has anyone got a chance to hear the Qm10Two's yet?

Looks like an interesting speaker which can be placed close to the wall and is considered be quite musical.
Also don't know if its true but tech specs say it extends down to 30hz, hard to believe because of the size. So any one audition it yet?

I have heard the Guru QM60 few times and they are very very good when partnered with good components. They are one of the very few speakers which can transport you to the venue in a very convincing way. I was blown with their presentations and sonics. Of course the partnering equipments were very good. Just one thing, their bass reproduction is transmission line so it can become a matter of taste. I am not much into transmission line bass but still I found it tremendously enjoyble.

for diyers, troels gravesen has some speakers that have time alignment.
zaph audio zd5 has a electronic ladder delay network, which basically does the similar thing within electronics. The xo is a bitch though, madisound used to make it earlier, but they stopped doing it due to complexity. It also needs to be done on a small board as the box size is quite small

:) I have heard them...........its just out of the world experience.......Price 5,00000 appx:) a pair

:) I have heard them...........its just out of the world experience.......Price 5,00000 appx:) a pair

That is for the QM 60, right?
Ouch, 5L is a lot.
Anyone who has heard QM10? They seem more reasonably prized at 1.5L.
There are not many reviews of the new QM10two online, hopefully they will exhibit in AVMAX Expo.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back