h e l p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i dont know

• what is poll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • againn please help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

viki_v2

can any one help me in making floor standers.
i have 2, 8" jvc subs.
2 floor standers hwd 34"x10 3/4"x11" made it my self.
2 philips ferrite cooled tweeters.
2 local 6 1/2" mid speakers .
i dont have any crossover yet.
can any one endow some gyan on me.

i am new to this site.
please help.

Re: h e l p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fom Molastation!!!

Please save this guy!!!! He is being molasted!!!!!!:D:eek:( Please refer forum rules posted!!)

Moderator can we have rules as permanant floting bar!!:mad:

Hi,

Hey hey hey thats noway to treat a new member :mad:!!

Mr.Hemant could you please tell me why mod should take some action :rolleyes:???

Mr.Moserw could please tell me since when this became a non DIY forum ? why in the gods name is there a section called DIY ?? why have I and others posted the DIY work of ours ???

Please think before posting !!

Are you trying to Shoo him of just coz he asked a query on some Normal Products and not some Scanspeak or Vifa or some other similar Brand ??

If you have been in forum for sometime you should very well know that we on a regular basis discuss bout DIY here ! so why this special treatment now ???

As for Viki please ignore the above comments :p!!

Now first off welcome to the forum and have a pleasant stay here !

Now could you please tell me what exactly you want to do ? you say you have already made the box (going by the dimensions you have given ),when you have already made the box and fitted with the above said drivers,what you Us to do now ???

Coming to the driver description,its Ferro Fluid cooled not Ferrite (this being a mineral and the former being a liquid with fine magnetic particles in it )
Second its not Mid Speaker,its either Mid/Bass or Midrange (this being used only for vocals and the former for vocals and Bass )
Please be clear in asking the questions so that it makes things easier for Us to answer !!

Regards.

Last edited:
I agree with soundsgreat in that DIYers need to be encouraged. But I believe Viki could have posted this in the DIY section rather than this one. I am sure the mod can correct that part.

Hey I am sorry for making newcomers fun!
Anyway the molastation I was referring to Ajinkya's post

http://www.hifivision.com/introductions/1786-guidelines-new-members.html

Guidelines for New Members --

2. GIVE INFORMATIVE TITLES
Please do not give titles that have no relation to your question. Putting subjects like 'Avr/LCD/newbie ' gives us absolutely no clue about the query (nor any incentive to open your post). Also, Please don't put titles like "Heeelp meeee, yaaaah!" as your subject line.
We assume (and sincerely hope) that you're not being molested as you write this post. Don't make yourself sound as if you are.

I THOUGHT IT WAS MODERATOR'S POST.And these are standard rules...

:confused::eek:

Anyway welcome. And I am not in audio DIY I am in other DIY stuff.
So all the best for your speakers!

About DIY and Music I say ( Source Meatlof = Song Rock and Roll Dreams Come True..

Theres always something magic
Theres always something new
And when you really, really need it the most
Thats when rock and roll dreams come through
The beat is yours forever
The beat is always true
And when you really, really need it the most
Thats when rock and roll dreams come through...for you...

Hi Viki,
Welcome to Hifivision and hope this place is helpful to you.
Cheers!

P.S: This is a general thought I was reminded of when I read this thread and this is not with reference to any particular person or post. Sometimes, people here take things so seriously as if this is a govt. establishment where everything has to go according to the rule of law. This kind of kills the fun for someone who is discovering the joys of music and better equipment for enjoying the same. At the same time I also see a lot of people going to great lengths to provide answers, insights and guidance to people, which is good. I guess people at times need to remember not to take things or people too seriously here and remember that this place is for nurturing your interests and furthering your love for music/movies (i think) above all else. Well, what do I mean by this long rant you ask? If a post is in the wrong section, screw it, it don't matter. Ofcourse, as always, YMMV! ;)

There is definitely a line between compliance and moderation. Trick is in finding it :)

Hi Viki,
Welcome to Hifivision and hope this place is helpful to you.
Cheers!

P.S: This is a general thought I was reminded of when I read this thread and this is not with reference to any particular person or post. Sometimes, people here take things so seriously as if this is a govt. establishment where everything has to go according to the rule of law. This kind of kills the fun for someone who is discovering the joys of music and better equipment for enjoying the same. At the same time I also see a lot of people going to great lengths to provide answers, insights and guidance to people, which is good. I guess people at times need to remember not to take things or people too seriously here and remember that this place is for nurturing your interests and furthering your love for music/movies (i think) above all else. Well, what do I mean by this long rant you ask? If a post is in the wrong section, screw it, it don't matter. Ofcourse, as always, YMMV! ;)

My sincere apologies everyone and especially soundsgreat and viki_v2. I really was not aware that we had an active DIY user base here, have hardly come across any posts relating to the same except for a few. Very sorry once again guys...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back