My First HT - Cost effective Mid Range - Step by Step

For viewing distance of 13-15 feet (Lcos-Lower fill rate), Screen size 135" is ?

• OK

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Not ok

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2D-BD watching obervations in the previus page#8 bottom section...

3D-Watching

Watched 2 movies on Average quality BD (50 GB)

Initially not at all able to watch with default settings. Spend more than 15 to 20 minues on play around with settings to bring it watchable.

Life of PI

Felt very poor depth variations (Z-Axis) in various scenes. Watched entire movie.

Watched a poor quality BD (I Think 50GB single BD is not enough to hold big movies with higher quality). Accidently increased the Reality creation value to 40. Excellent change in the Depth preception. I need to buy original one and i have to watch this movie again and again.

DSCF8272_zps2b725883.jpg

Weakness of 3D watching in this PJ

1. Motion shudder visible during fast movements. [In 2D it is not at all]
2. More birghtess brings noticable cross talk.

Once the brightness reduced and all other image processing settings OFF (Other than reality creation), It is excellent watch other than fast action scenes.

Note: This projector, No where i felt it is lacking of contrast. But since i used to watch Panny, I still need more contrast.

Overall my personel score to this PJ : Statisfactory.

What i am looking for a GOOD PJ may be a combination of JVC native contast + Benq W7000 3D without any motion & cross talk issue + This sony Reality Creation (With improved mid zoom frame processing)

I am ending this my presonel PJ - PQ Review

Next: Need to focus on reasonable audio setup for my HT.

Last edited:
Attached is the current room pattern.

Too many echo. Some thing like sound coming from a deep cave.
As of now, no false ceiling, no sound treatement.

Currently i am using Altec Lansen 251 (5.1) [Each satellite are only 7W], But i am not able to raise the volume more than 50%.

I appreciate, if any better/cost effective ideas to reduce the echo sound from the FM (Acuastic experts).

I will buy a decent 5.1 within couple of months. Before that, i will like to work on this.

Attachments

• Echo pattern.jpg
    Echo pattern.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 89
Attached is the current room pattern.

Too many echo. Some thing like sound coming from a deep cave.
As of now, no false ceiling, no sound treatement.

Currently i am using Altec Lansen 251 (5.1) [Each satellite are only 7W], But i am not able to raise the volume more than 50%.

I appreciate, if any better/cost effective ideas to reduce the echo sound from the FM (Acuastic experts).

I will buy a decent 5.1 within couple of months. Before that, i will like to work on this.

Dear Mr Swamy, One of my friend runs a video hall in his small village. The hall is clay brick+ mortar & roof is asbestos. He got 1 inch thick thermocoal sheets (with higher density ones than what we get as kid's project materials). he had purchased white colour cheap cotton sheets, which come in rolls, and used as sound proofing. not very sure if that was working to kill the echo or was it the combined cheers from the audiences. But I googled & found that if planned properly, that will save you a lot from spending too much on proper acoustics material

Shushan,

Thanks for your input.

I am planing to test with different materials with a single speaker includes that high density themocoal & foams,cotton beds...etc.

One of my friend suggest, need not to do acoustics treatement on all the walls. Do it in only one wall, which is enough to absorb the reflection, so that the sound will not be reflective in circular fashion. I will test this also.

I would like to update a final note on my PJ Personel Review...

I reviewed my self about my review, and found lots of up & downs
And realized, it is due to
a) different type of quality source feed to the PJ. (Carbage in - Carbage out)
b) My initial period playing with different settings on this PJ (It has lot of settings)

Now after extensive period of watching various movies and play around with settings....

If you feed this PJ with good quality source...I should not say PQ, It is movie watching exprience as below

a) 2D: Excellent, There are lot of places i am getting the comments from the audience
as 'WOW','Superb'.(Even with my eagle eyes - Abolutely no issues)

b) 3D: Beautiful and Highly Cleaner Image. Audience comments - 'Impressive than watchig 3D movies in theatres'
(My daughter watched 'Madagascar 3' multiple times in same day)

My own Invention: Image sharpness adding extra sense of depth in 3D.
My eagle eye: Very slight judder on fast actions scenes,
But i lost my eagle vision,when i see the over all beauty of 3D through out the movie.

On overall performacne: I started LOVE this projector.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back