Hathway goes HD in Bangalore??

I checked with a Hathway guy this weekend. He told me that this will be launched in couple of weeks. Brochure would be ready by next week. 10 HD channels, 35+ upscaled channels....He was not sure of the list of channels..

ditto... even my cable operator keeps dragging... i am really fed up
even the customer care reply is also same, 2 months, 2months............

Last edited:
I am from Trivandrum and the local cable here - Asianet digital has started HD service from last two months. Currently they have two HD channels and they are planning to upgrade it to 10 by August. The STB they are providing is having DVR capabilities. There is no additional monthly cost for HD channels, but the DVR cost Rs 9999. To get more bandwidth, they are stopping the analog services slowly, and have already stopped analog services in many areas.

My hathway operator has kept the promise to update me and said it will be end of August. :eek: ... I am thinking end of 2011 now...:)

more to add..
my idea is like this.
I have still kept Hathway in bedroom and went with DTH in living room. Whenever Hathway comes with HD, I'll evaluate which one is better in terms of PQ ( there should not be any fake HD on hathway) then will decide whom to dump.

Even if hathway uses a lot of compression, it will be better than SD i guess and BIGGEST advantage is 16:9 aspect ratio. Also i heard from my hathway cable guy that they provide 30 HD channels and also cost is less compared to DTH.

Even if hathway uses a lot of compression, it will be better than SD i guess and BIGGEST advantage is 16:9 aspect ratio. Also i heard from my hathway cable guy that they provide 30 HD channels and also cost is less compared to DTH.

I agree. Have they started HD broadcasts now in Bangalore?

Yesterday I got info that the hd boxes are in stock, pending the decision on the pricing for hd channels. The hd box may be priced around 2.5k

Yesterday I got info that the hd boxes are in stock, pending the decision on the pricing for hd channels. The hd box may be priced around 2.5k

If you get the Hathway HD connection please do a review of the PQ and the channels available. Thanks

I had talked to the cable guy a while back. As per him, Hathway is launching the HD services on Sept 1st. There would be 38 HD channels :yahoo:

The set top box seems to be of Cisco make, and would cost around 3-3.5k. And he doesn't seem to be aware of the monthly subscription charges.

I have asked him to provide me a demo on 31st , and he has agreed to. Will keep you guys posted.

I had talked to the cable guy a while back. As per him, Hathway is launching the HD services on Sept 1st. There would be 38 HD channels :yahoo:

The set top box seems to be of Cisco make, and would cost around 3-3.5k. And he doesn't seem to be aware of the monthly subscription charges.

I have asked him to provide me a demo on 31st , and he has agreed to. Will keep you guys posted.

After you get the demo pls tell us how is the PQ and also the sound and check if its 5.1 and also how upscaling of SD content is done. If possible give a comparative view with other HD DTH. Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back