Hathway goes HD in Bangalore??

They have already started trials with few customers and any day will provide to everyone. Also they are negotiating with sports channels now it seems is what the cable guy told and he says that all available HD channels in india will be included.

Some hope for Hathway going HD in Bangalore... Right now the follwing message is scrolling in Movies Now channel

"DEAR VIEWERS, HATHW@Y IS SHORTLY LAUNCHING HD TV SERVICES IN YOUR CITY. CALL YOUR CABLE OPERATOR FOR MORE DETAILS"

Some hope for Hathway going HD in Bangalore... Right now the follwing message is scrolling in Movies Now channel

"DEAR VIEWERS, HATHW@Y IS SHORTLY LAUNCHING HD TV SERVICES IN YOUR CITY. CALL YOUR CABLE OPERATOR FOR MORE DETAILS"

pls post the detail if u come to know from ur cable operator

pls post the detail if u come to know from ur cable operator

Yeah....My cable operator confirmed the news...that the GOVT had cleared the Hathway HD permit. This time they are using a different system to deliver HD in HYD (all over the country) i.e Fibre optic lines. This might take 2-3 months as per them..the HD STB stuff is also in trails but not production ready.

HYD guys...any updates about Hathway HD?

Yeah....My cable operator confirmed the news...that the GOVT had cleared the Hathway HD permit. This time they are using a different system to deliver HD in HYD (all over the country) i.e Fibre optic lines. This might take 2-3 months as per them..the HD STB stuff is also in trails but not production ready.

thanks for the update let wait and watch now

Well In hyd no message as such on stb regarding Hd . But it is confirmed from reliable sources that .A separate high end Barco system has been installed.& its in the final stages of testing.And most likely Keon media Stbs will be supplied.

Well In hyd no message as such on stb regarding Hd . But it is confirmed from reliable sources that .A separate high end Barco system has been installed.& its in the final stages of testing.And most likely Keon media Stbs will be supplied.

yes testing is in final stage and also they have also started hd in mumbai in colaba and areas around it...my cable operator also stated that the stb will be from keon media or cisco both r under testing.yearly charges r hinted to be around rs 8000 along with stb model no hdb 100, we will get to see atleast 15 hd channels if the negotiation goes well at launch :clapping:

yes testing is in final stage and also they have also started hd in mumbai in colaba and areas around it...my cable operator also stated that the stb will be from keon media or cisco both r under testing.yearly charges r hinted to be around rs 8000 along with stb model no hdb 100, we will get to see atleast 15 hd channels if the negotiation goes well at launch :clapping:

In my city the situation is different.Average monthly payment is 150 per month for the current digital signal and the digital settop box is being sold at Rs 550.

8000 annual subscription if they apply here they have to watch the signal in there control room only :yahoo:. People who are interested in HD will go for dth.Infact many tv brands are giving free boxes on purchase of led tvs

To give competition to the DTH they have to sell box @ 2500 ,and there shouldn't be any monthly charge.( As discussed with LCos)

Hathway HD is going live with 7HD channels. Movies Now, History 18, Travel XP, MTunes, Discovery HD, Ten HD, UTV stars.
Cost will be around 6500 for the first year which includes STB charges and one year subscription. This STB doesn't have recording facility.

--------------------------
Gopichand Pai

Hathway HD is going live with 7HD channels. Movies Now, History 18, Travel XP, MTunes, Discovery HD, Ten HD, UTV stars.
Cost will be around 6500 for the first year which includes STB charges and one year subscription. This STB doesn't have recording facility.

--------------------------
Gopichand Pai

Biggies like ESPN STAR and NGC is missing.

How about the SD Channels quality offered in the new HD system as they will use a different technology? Will it same as that currently offered with the SD STB!!

If the SD PQ is same then the subscription charges seem to be on higher side considering the fact that the STB does not have DVR option.

Good News for Bangalore Hathway HD... just now our cable operator installed new Hathway HD Setup box after torturing him for many months

Details of Set-top box
1) Model No. HDB-100 (not sure on the company)
2) One HDMI Output
3) One USB Port
4) One Digital Output (Spdif)
5) One LAN Port (RJ-14)
6) Free HDMI cable

Currently there are 7 HD channels and told that another 4 will be added shortly..
1) Movies Now
2) Colors
3) History
4) NHK
5) Travel XP
6) Utsav
7) ???? not sure

As per our cable operator the charges are Rs. 6,666/- including set-top box for 1 year. This might come down next year as there will be now charges for the box. Also, they are currently installing only to the members who have opted for yearly payment. They will refund the amount on pro-rata basis for those who have already paid before going HD.

Picture and Sound Clarity

First impression on the picture quality is really good and for those loving sound, 5.1 channel sound output is excellent.

Still trying to figure out the optimal settings for my TV to watch HD and will keep you posted on it...

Just had the Hathway HD set-top box installed, price Rs6666 for the set-top box + 11hd channels ( only 6 active now) + all SD channels for 1year. Movies Now on HD looks excellent, with 5.1 surround sound. Will look at other channels and get back later.....

Last edited:
Congratulations guys....

Post your pics of STB and the TV soon.......we are waiting!!!

Also, Is the cable wire the same as for analog..or did they change any set up?

Last edited:
Back