Hathway goes HD in Bangalore??

Thats great news, so they decode 5.1 audio with hdmi cable?

Yes, hdmi.The clarity and tonality of sound is improved. A "surround" effect is present. There is no directional stereo effect, in that if a car whizzes from left to right , the sound does not follow......

Congratulations guys....

Post your pics of STB and the TV soon.......we are waiting!!!

Also, Is the cable wire the same as for analog..or did they change any set up?

Cable carrying the signal is the same, except obviously, there is a hdmi cable connecting the set-top box with the AV receiver ( or TV).
Pics to follow.

@canchi
which part of Bangalore are you from?

Quality of SD is better than digital set top box? Any idea how many more HD will be added?

My cable operator says Rs6666 per year + his monthly charges... Madness

That is wrong! This includes all channels SD and 10 or 11 HD channels for a year + set -top box charge.
I suggest you wait for things to cool down; not all operators are well informed and some may be trying to make a quick buck!

My cable operator is saying, entire 6666 goes to hathway and they don't get anything from it. So he is discussing with hathway as to how can he get monthly/yearly payment out of it.

By the way how is the quality of SD channels on HD box? Is it better than SD channels on digital set top box?

Which part of Bangalore are you from?

@canchi
which part of Bangalore are you from?

Quality of SD is better than digital set top box? Any idea how many more HD will be added?

South (BSK)!
Quality of SD on the new box - that is a difficult question, (obviously the HD channels are miles in front). Quality of SD may be marginally better or the positive feedback on watching the HD channels may be influencing my mind!

Here are some pics.
The screen shots come off worse than the actual picture ( its awesome) because (a) I have switched off my flash on the camera and the cam always complains that there is a shake and (b) I may actually have been shaking with excitement at the quality of HD.....:D

Attachments

• DSC01639a.jpg
    DSC01639a.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC01640a.jpg
    DSC01640a.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01642a.jpg
    DSC01642a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01644a.jpg
    DSC01644a.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC01651a.jpg
    DSC01651a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 157
The good thing is that thereare no ugly watermark logos like other dth.Nice..still very expensive,need sports HD channels

My cable operator was saying they are negotiating with star about their HD channels. Any idea when they will be added?

Are you getting all the channels which you got on digital set top box? Or are there more SD channels?

They are going to add another 4 HD channel very soon. since Rs.6,666/-package comprise of 11 HD channel... out 4 channel, 2 might be NGC and Discovery and dunno about the other two... Going forward they have plans to add more number of HD channels with reasonable charges.

Qualtiy of the SD channel has significantly improved and the channel count remains the same...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back