Having fun with Woodworking -:)

sudhishkv

Since I am working from home, I have lots of extra time to spend on other things. So I thought of starting Woodworking as a hobby and saving money by DIY.

After making the router table-cum-table saw, I just finished my first project - Tools stand. Many projects are in pipeline including the table tuba sub. Here are the pics... hope you guys find it useful...

Last edited:
Good going:clapping: It is always nice to have all the tools fitted and ready for that big project...

^^ I envy you. You have all those tools which I dream to keep home. But can not do so due to WAF.

Even I have the drill, jig saw, electric planar and Dremel. Unfortunately no much time. Great setup for some cool builds. Do check with some cool carved mdf and wooden cabinets on headifi will post some pics soon.

Awesome. Apartment dwellers like me can only look with envy :)

Anyway, a friend of mine and I also started our own home workshop. Since he lives on the ground floor, all the power tools are in his place. I live on the 12th floor so painting/finishing is all I can do :)

I will make a better report after we complete a few projects, but you can get a glimpse of things at

Wood Musings

My friend updates it once in a while.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm in good company with woodworking guys.
have done few of my cabinets - an entertainment center, bookshelf, Tools shelf, and Projector shelf. These can be followed here
sbg 's casual times

will share images of my tools of trade soon.

Wonderful effort. :clapping::clapping::clapping:
I now have someone to share notes with . Was planning on building a Table saw as well .

You now have everything in place to build your cab for your BASH amp ..
Have you frozen which Driver you are going to use ?

good work, post some work related to Audio/video in woodwork
there are many hobby work members share that may go to General section

Question to mods is non AV diy allowed in DIY section?

Awesome. Apartment dwellers like me can only look with envy :)

Anyway, a friend of mine and I also started our own home workshop. Since he lives on the ground floor, all the power tools are in his place. I live on the 12th floor so painting/finishing is all I can do :)

I will make a better report after we complete a few projects, but you can get a glimpse of things at

Wood Musings

My friend updates it once in a while.

Very nice setup :) For sharpening you can use water stone and sharpening jig. Much easyier and it will help you to achive the 30 degree angle of the sharpened edge. My router table is a temporary setup. I will build a strong and bigger table to especially if i have to do the hand planing. Table you guys have build is very nice and looks strong.

Last edited:

I have the Tuba HT plan ready to go. I will be posting the progress. Now going through the Tuba plan document. Also have to decide between Table Tuba and Tuba HT.

Hi Sudhish
That is an amazing effort. I'm sure that workshop is something that a lot of us crave for but can't go in for mainly because of space constraints. Could you post some details on your workshop starting with size, kind of tools, their cost etc.? Would be very informative for wanna be DIY'ers like me. Electronics is not one of my strongholds but I know I can do some woodworking if I can get the space for it. I know the list of the above may be long but just asking since you may have done the research before setting up the 'Lab'. I'm particularly interested in the details of those quick grip bar clamps. Knock yourself out buddy.:clapping:

Nice work Sudhish! :clapping:

now I know what you guys will say but I'll ask anyways :) - is there a place in bangalore where on can learn these skills as hobby/vocational course??? Carpentry, welding etc...

Hi Sudhish
That is an amazing effort. I'm sure that workshop is something that a lot of us crave for but can't go in for mainly because of space constraints. Could you post some details on your workshop starting with size, kind of tools, their cost etc.? Would be very informative for wanna be DIY'ers like me. Electronics is not one of my strongholds but I know I can do some woodworking if I can get the space for it. I know the list of the above may be long but just asking since you may have done the research before setting up the 'Lab'. I'm particularly interested in the details of those quick grip bar clamps. Knock yourself out buddy.:clapping:

Gigo,

Do you think its appropriate to discuss the woodworking and tools here since we are going to talk about non audio-video stuff? May be it is not the correct forum. I can PM you another forum where its allowed.

Sudhish.

My take on this (is woodworking relevant in this forum?) is that it is very much. Personally while DIYing my speaker cabinets, I've had to really scrounge around to determine how to do various things - bracing, attaching, and so on. What kind of tools to use, etc. etc. the list is endless. Even details of tools as seen in other forums and what it is called in our local market differs. moreover many a time we have to make do with what is available. Tips from some one locally who has been there done it really helps...

my take...

Very nice setup :) For sharpening you can use water stone and sharpening jig. Much easyier and it will help you to achive the 30 degree angle of the sharpened edge. My router table is a temporary setup. I will build a strong and bigger table to especially if i have to do the hand planing. Table you guys have build is very nice and looks strong.

Thanks Sudhish. The workbench is a temporary one. We are planning something more solid one in the coming months. This was what we thought put together when we were bootstrapping.

Its good to see more people getting their hands dirty :) May the tribe grow.

I'm particularly interested in the details of those quick grip bar clamps.

I can give you some info. I got six of them from Amazon (Amazon.com: Bessey GSCC2.524 2.5-Inch x 24-Inch Economy Clutch Style Bar Clamp: Home Improvement) paying a king's ransom to Borderlinx. Only to discover that Aziz's sells the quick grip types for Rs 750 each. They stock a brand called Kennedy. I will be picking up half a dozen more in the coming weeks.

now I know what you guys will say but I'll ask anyways - is there a place in bangalore where on can learn these skills as hobby/vocational course??? Carpentry, welding etc...

Actually, picking up carpentry didn't turn out to be very hard. There is a lot of information available on the net and on Youtube. The harder thing in Bangalore is to find a place to work (power tools make a lot of noise). If you have a place, Sudhish, Sbg, or I can guide you with the list of tools you need to pick up (a budget of about 20-25k will get you a lot of tools and some wood too). If you haven't ever held a power saw, I might even be able to help you make your first cut. After that, it is just persistence.

Last edited:

From my perspective as long as the subject is related to Audio/HiFi in some form or the other, it should be OK.

I can give you some info. I got six of them from Amazon (Amazon.com: Bessey GSCC2.524 2.5-Inch x 24-Inch Economy Clutch Style Bar Clamp: Home Improvement) paying a king's ransom to Borderlinx. Only to discover that Aziz's sells the quick grip types for Rs 750 each. They stock a brand called Kennedy. I will be picking up half a dozen more in the coming weeks.

Thanks. The bar clamps like the one's you've mentioned I've seen on ebay too. I had a good mind to import them but thought I'd check for cheaper options.

42" Bar Clamps 6 NEW HUGE Woodworking F Wood Wholesale (0794685126109) | eBay

I was looking something similar to the one's below. The one hand bar clamp.

Bar Clamps at JustClamps.com

I probably missed something but could you give some details on the Aziz store? Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back