HD Networked Media Tank (NMT)

Have you tried flashing with this firmware?

Gosh there is a long list of the Adapters supported here. And since the firmware is open source I am 100% sure very soon the usb ethernet support would be made official. Now who here says that WD TV is not a full scale NMT ? :yahoo:

I am seriously thinking of ditching popcorn hour for this one now !

Last edited:
Reju sir, I am undecided on the HTPC vs NMT but I put together both within the same price:

Sorry to barge in. You might get lucky with an HTPC, or may be not. Especially if you are into HDMI connectivity. Many many av receivers have problems with inputs from htpcs regarding sound through hdmi. Some clip HDMI signals to studio-rgb, some dont, and people crib about Yamaha pictures being on the darker side with HTPC or PS3 inputs. I would say NMT is the easier route, even if it were more expensive than an htpc!

On the other hand if you want a technical challenge, go for the htpc!

:)

thanks hifivision this is is my first post. thanks reju for the intro of NMT, Though i am a new user of the Elektron NMT EHP 606. I got it from china. Not to forget CATHY WANG. You people are so kind enough to spread the knowledge you have. During this recession YOU people (mr. MADBullRAM, VENKATCR, MOSERW, SPIRVIOUS ....) made me spend some bucks:lol:. I never was keen to hear a good sound. I have one Philips HTS (Sounding horrible? I have not heard anything else!!!! Sorry Madbullram:mad:). I some how got in touch with HIFIvision while purchasing my 32" Samsung 5 series full HD TV ( i decided because of HIFIVISION and i am happy too) . But your expressions, descriptions compelled me to go for Yamaha RX V 663 ( VENKATCR you are the reason, I have not heard it, but i believe in your expertise), Wharfdale 9.2 ..., am i right? am i Wro...? Anyway, all good guys under one roof. Keep going. Make me more poor :eek:hyeah: ( By giving detailed explanation of all new equipments)

thanks hifivision this is is my first post. thanks reju for the intro of NMT, Though i am a new user of the Elektron NMT EHP 606. I got it from china. Not to forget CATHY WANG. You people are so kind enough to spread the knowledge you have. During this recession YOU people (mr. MADBullRAM, VENKATCR, MOSERW, SPIRVIOUS ....) made me spend some bucks:lol:. I never was keen to hear a good sound. I have one Philips HTS (Sounding horrible? I have not heard anything else!!!! Sorry Madbullram:mad:). I some how got in touch with HIFIvision while purchasing my 32" Samsung 5 series full HD TV ( i decided because of HIFIVISION and i am happy too) . But your expressions, descriptions compelled me to go for Yamaha RX V 663 ( VENKATCR you are the reason, I have not heard it, but i believe in your expertise), Wharfdale 9.2 ..., am i right? am i Wro...? Anyway, all good guys under one roof. Keep going. Make me more poor :eek:hyeah: ( By giving detailed explanation of all new equipments)

Hmmmmm so it seems HiFi vision has taken a toll on you too. But buddy I strongly suggest you to please watch your wallet strictly before spending . The times are really really bad you know and especially if somebody is on the banking sector. Anyways dont meant to scare you :) !

Congrats on your purchases. Enjoy the quality entertainment. Why should we deprive ourselves good things in life, if we can manage to buy them? ;)

About the Elektron. You must have read from my previous posts that it is a sensitive equipment. Heat is the main problem. If you plan to install HDD, I would strongly suggest only 2.5" HDD as it does not become hot, and also leave space for air movement. Recently I manged to install a small fan (powered separately) inside (alongwith by 500GB 2.5" HDD) which blows out the hot air. This really helps the unit stay only "warm" and never "hot" since then.

Congrates,

How much did you pay?online?
Can you post review with both aud & vid department?

I cld not get closed review.I cld see Coax ,but is opt out also present?

Last edited:
During this recession YOU people (mr. MADBullRAM, VENKATCR, MOSERW, SPIRVIOUS ....) made me spend some bucks:lol:. I never was keen to hear a good sound. I have one Philips HTS (Sounding horrible? I have not heard anything else!!!! Sorry Madbullram:mad:).

LOL we always do that dont we, just watch your rupees buddy and pls drop the Mr. out of the equation I am not that old yet ;)

And for Philips, I dont own the brand :) I only endorse a product based on it performance and not a brand :)

I had transferred the fund through a bank ($238 including the freight) and got the equipment through a courier. It took 5 days to reach. I just now read your post Reju . I have already installed a 3.5" 1 TB HDD. (A HOLE in my pocket:lol:). But I'll take your suggestion. Thanks a lot.
Spirovious, EHP 606 is working fine. The image clarity is good. I think it is a good equipment. I'll definitely let you know abt the sound. The coax and other terminologies are still sinking in.
Madbullram I do think you should be a PHILIPS brand ambassador :). Let philips consider this. Mr. was definitely for your expertise. Thanks again

But your expressions, descriptions compelled me to go for Yamaha RX V 663 ( VENKATCR you are the reason, I have not heard it, but i believe in your expertise), Wharfdale 9.2 ..., am i right? am i Wro...? Anyway, all good guys under one roof. Keep going. Make me more poor :eek:hyeah: ( By giving detailed explanation of all new equipments)

Ok, we made you spend some money. But I do hope you are smiling with happiness when you see a movie or listen to some music? If so the expenditure is more than worth it.

When I have a song playing on my system or watching a good movie, the whole world comes to a standstill.

Cheers

Ram, you seem to be fighting a losing battle vis-a-vis Philips. Don't you think it is time to stop being Mr. Philips of HiFiVision? :):):):):) Before you raise your eyebrows, I am just pulling your leg.

Cheers

It is good that we have members here who use multiple products and also recommend them to the members, as then we get info about different products from different manufacturers and the experience and feedback can be shared with everyone .

If every member ends up buying the same product then we will not have may items to discuss and share or talk about.

In all the threads and post mostly we were having discussions on wdtv and electron and a couple of pop corn hour.

Its good to see satish go for an elektron as he will be able to share his feedbackand report out how the product is.

Satish best of luck with your purchase and awaiting a feedback on the product as you continue to use the same

Ram, you seem to be fighting a losing battle vis-a-vis Philips. Don't you think it is time to stop being Mr. Philips of HiFiVision? :):):):):) Before you raise your eyebrows, I am just pulling your leg.

Cheers

LOL, I know I am fighting hard to get out of that. Philips Service always sends shock wave towards my sanity level so need to highlight that more :)

hi, my first post on the forum though i have stuck around for like ages reading through other peoples posts ..... today got two shipments...an onkyo tx sr876 receiver and a popcorn hour a 110 plus the wn 100 package.
The popcorn hour package cost me exactly 250 us dollars plus 45 dollars for shipping..... total....295 us dollars do the conversion yourself... no customs...the delivery guy told me it was duty free.it was ordered on the main website by a friends aunt who lives in the US . Dirt cheap, much better specks than the tivx which is marketed in india albeit without a hdd, i plan to get a 1.5 tb seagate at 10000, it was orgasmic to see the parcel and to open it!!! i live in chennai , india, any queries mail me at [email protected]

Last edited:
You are very lucky indeed!! There was NO reason why it should have been duty free! Which courier was it?

Standard 1.5TB HDD is not so expensive. WD is between 7-8K I guess. 1TB is 5.1K.

But after installing 3.5" HDD inside, the PCH tends to get very hot during operation, shortening the life of the product. As it does not have any fan inside and the heat elimination being mainly designed for the chipset, the HDD can build up lot of heat inside.

Alternatively you could go for the WD "Caviar Green" variant which is supposed to operate cooler than others. Or still better install 2.5" HDD which does not get "hot" at all.

Enjoy your PCH.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back