HD viewing on 1024x768 resolution

tma

Hi All,

Can anyone share their experiences on viewing Full HD (1920x1080) on a 1024x768 display usually found in some VFM 42 inch plasmas?

I expect that the screen real estate will not be fully utilized because of the aspect ratios and there would be black bands above and below the picture.

Is this considerably reducing the 'effect' / PQ / viewing experience on a 42 incher?

Conversly, Is the SD PQ much better as compared to a FHD display because the aspect ratio for SD would match 1024x768 more closely than FHD?

Is the loss of details in PQ justifiable for the increase in size of display on the 42inch as compared to a 32inch FullHD display?

Hi Spiro,

Maybe my question was not clear in my original post.

I want to compare the FHD PQ on a Plasma having 1024x768 resolution.
I dont:sad: have both LCD or a plasma with me to do the comparison - was hoping for user experiences from those having a 42in Plasma who would have seen FHD on their displays.

Basically, would it be worth the money spent to go or 42in Plasma with 1024x768 resolution for watching FHD as compared to watching FHD on a FHD display but maybe of 32in.

Pricewise, both 32in FHD LCD and 42in HD plasma seem to be nearly same and hence the question.

if its widescreen then you wont lose real estate. I have a 720P resolution TV and do not have any urge to buy a full HD (1080P) tv at all

Hi All,

Can anyone share their experiences on viewing Full HD (1920x1080) on a 1024x768 display usually found in some VFM 42 inch plasmas?

I expect that the screen real estate will not be fully utilized because of the aspect ratios and there would be black bands above and below the picture.

Is this considerably reducing the 'effect' / PQ / viewing experience on a 42 incher?

Conversly, Is the SD PQ much better as compared to a FHD display because the aspect ratio for SD would match 1024x768 more closely than FHD?

Is the loss of details in PQ justifiable for the increase in size of display on the 42inch as compared to a 32inch FullHD display?

Hi Spiro,

Maybe my question was not clear in my original post.

I want to compare the FHD PQ on a Plasma having 1024x768 resolution.
I dont:sad: have both LCD or a plasma with me to do the comparison - was hoping for user experiences from those having a 42in Plasma who would have seen FHD on their displays.

Basically, would it be worth the money spent to go or 42in Plasma with 1024x768 resolution for watching FHD as compared to watching FHD on a FHD display but maybe of 32in.

Pricewise, both 32in FHD LCD and 42in HD plasma seem to be nearly same and hence the question.

well obviously a FHD content will look good in a FHD tv,while FHD content will still look a bit better then HD content in a HD ready plasma it can no way match a FHD plasma/lcd.
regarding a 32inch FHD vs HD ready plasma this is personal choice.one other reason FHD 32inch from brands such as sony and samsung are better then their HD ready counterparts is due to the use of newer generation panels which have improved contrast levels compared to HD ready panels which are of last year tech.

HD will good look with HD mov only,unless TV has proper upscaling properties.
If you will watch DVD/Dts more than Bluray,HD ready or lower is ok.

Would like to add a critical point here which is worth mentioning.
Benefits of full hd is only present if you are watching it at a specified distance, beyond that, full hd and hd ready will look the same , there won't be different,

this is one of the crucial things i find people don't bother or think about before giong for a ful hd tv, so viewing distance is very important for selecting the size and type of tv.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back