HDMI in-wall

pjgowtham

Hi,

The HDMI cable head is too large to be wired in-wall.
I will be using 4k projector and i need to connect my AVR with my projector

The only possibility seems like these
1. wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver
2. HDMI through Ethernet for in-wall transmission

I might even do a bit of gaming. So what do you guys suggest i do?
Will there be Quality loss if i do it wirelessly or through CAT7 cables?
Maximum Refresh rate through wireless/CAT7 can go 144Hz on 4k ( For future proofing)?

I read some where that wireless transmitter will not be as good as wired. Please check once again.Is there any possibilities to bring the HDMI cable out at the connection ,so that the HDMI cable head remains out and it will not be problem ,only the cable remains in wall.
By the way may i know what model 4k pj it is.

For better results, use HDMI cable itself. Check whether there is a feasibility of running a casing to carry your HDMI cable.

Maybe DIY cable? Lay bare cable and then fix the head. It's all there on the net.
I'm sure DIY FMs would be also willing to help.

I surfed through and found that HDR wont work with wireless.
The Ethernet can suppport uncompressed 4k at 60fps withh HDR but it costs 100USD excluding shipping and taxes
DIY is the way to go. Have to find out a cable that can be unscrewed

The thing is we have false ceiling and a huge plywood behing the TV for decoration and to conceal wires. I have attached the picture below. The inwall pipes are so narrow and crowded

The distance is 50 feet

The PJ is Ntech 4k projector ( still in production, but have ordered from indiegogo, I thought ill get the wiring done) - one less headache
Have to get a screen too ( No idea what to buy ), what do you guys recommend?

EDIT : MAN, THATS A LOT OF WIRES TO SOLDER

Last edited:
My suggestion shall be as follows.
  • HDMI wired transmission will be best in class.
  • First u need to decide the screen size based on the throw ratio of pj , and where ur going to mount it, and based on the seating distance.
  • U can put the Manual /electric drop down screen using a L angle.(So that whenever u want to view TV ,u can do the same).I'm using Elite screen its a good one.
  • The centre channel speaker is high ,u can bring down at the shelf level or just beneath it. If it not possible then u need to look out for acoustic transparent screen.
  • The room ambient light needs to be controlled using dark colour window screens. For best results u can even paint the wall colour to dark colours like grey /black etc.
  • Carpeting will be required to have good audio effects.
  • Any plan for Atmos/dts X?

I surfed through and found that HDR wont work with wireless.
The Ethernet can suppport uncompressed 4k at 60fps withh HDR but it costs 100USD excluding shipping and taxes
DIY is the way to go. Have to find out a cable that can be unscrewed

The thing is we have false ceiling and a huge plywood behing the TV for decoration and to conceal wires. I have attached the picture below. The inwall pipes are so narrow and crowded

The distance is 50 feet

Since the distance between PJ and AVR is 50 feet, you need fiber HDMI cable. The copper HDMI will work only in theory.
MX has Fiber HDMI cable with detachable head. you need to check with MX delears in your area.

https://www.amazon.com/RUIPRO-4K60H...75659&sr=8-4&keywords=ruipro+hdmi+fiber+cable

My suggestion shall be as follows.
  • HDMI wired transmission will be best in class.
  • First u need to decide the screen size based on the throw ratio of pj , and where ur going to mount it, and based on the seating distance.
  • U can put the Manual /electric drop down screen using a L angle.(So that whenever u want to view TV ,u can do the same).I'm using Elite screen its a good one.
  • The centre channel speaker is high ,u can bring down at the shelf level or just beneath it. If it not possible then u need to look out for acoustic transparent screen.
  • The room ambient light needs to be controlled using dark colour window screens. For best results u can even paint the wall colour to dark colours like grey /black etc.
  • Carpeting will be required to have good audio effects.
  • Any plan for Atmos/dts X?
Yes, i am planning to cut and solder the wires myself. ( A few good youtube videos will hopefully give me the experience)

I am thinking of 130 inches ( I still dont know what aspect ratio to choose). I will be using it for movies+TV

Yeah i need an L angle like you said . I was seeing PJ screens from here. http://www.projectorscreens.in/index.php?route=common/home
2.40 : 1 aspect ratio seems nice. I dont know the limitations though

I have currently angled the centre channel speaker to aim at ear level. If i am using a projector, ill keep it on the slab

Those window screens are amazonbasics blackout screens. Its 100% light resistant. Sounds get through, but not as much as normal screens

I currently have a temporary carpetting between the TV and the seating space.

The receiver is Denon x3300w. I have no plans for ATMOS at the moment. I checked out a few upfiring speakers, but were expensive. I am currently using my AVR as front speakers BI-AMP. I can easily download atmos contents though. I dont know if its worth it

Last edited:
Since the distance between PJ and AVR is 50 feet, you need fiber HDMI cable. The copper HDMI will work only in theory.
MX has Fiber HDMI cable with detachable head. you need to check with MX delears in your area.

https://www.amazon.com/RUIPRO-4K60H...75659&sr=8-4&keywords=ruipro+hdmi+fiber+cable
I will have to cut and reattach-solder, which is a hell lot of mess. Its a hell lot of expensive. I heard people say its future proof. I dont wanna spend that much on a HDMI cable though.
I came across a redmere cable with Inbuilt signal amplifier with lower wire thickness. 28awg 50 feet redmere.
https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-...1522676896&sr=8-1&keywords=HDMI+cable+50+feet

My primary option so far is a normal HDMI 2.0 cable.
https://www.amazon.in/Speed-Cable-R...1522676896&sr=8-3&keywords=HDMI+cable+50+feet

Its not about future proof. When it comes to 4K @60Hz with HDR, you don't have much options. Copper will work up to 6 meters for 4K ( if you're lucky) anything beyond 6 meter you need active HDMI/ Fiber HDMI.

And if you're planning to use streaming services for 4K content , then the cable must support HDCP 2.2

Also you may need to check the specs for Amazon cable. Its not specifically mentioned 4k@24hz can be achieved at 50Feet

Displays 4K video at 24 Hz, 1080p at 60 Hz,

My suggestion will be to go for an ultra short throw PJ like xiaomi mi LP, which can eliminate longer wiring

Its not about future proof. When it comes to 4K @60Hz with HDR, you don't have much options. Copper will work up to 6 meters for 4K ( if you're lucky) anything beyond 6 meter you need active HDMI/ Fiber HDMI.

And if you're planning to use streaming services for 4K content , then the cable must support HDCP 2.2

Also you may need to check the specs for Amazon cable. Its not specifically mentioned 4k@24hz can be achieved at 50Feet

Thats an eye opener. Thanks for the info

I guess i will have to buy that HdBaseT HDMI over Cat7 ?
https://www.amazon.com/AV-Access-Ex...04&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+extender+cat+7+hdr+4k
Looks like the only viable option

My suggestion will be to go for an ultra short throw PJ like xiaomi mi LP, which can eliminate longer wiring
I like that projector but I have access to 4k bluray DTS-HD contents. My current TV is 1080i. I wanted to go 4k for a real upgrade. So i waited a long time for a 4k PJ to popup.

https://www.amazon.in/BlueRigger-Sp...2679545&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+cable+50+feet+hd

Looks like this supports HDR,

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back