Heco Victa 700 Floor Standers - Small Review

anujmishra

At last, yesterday I received last package of my speakers from Amazon.de. Day before yesterday UPS courier delivered only one floor stander and yesterday one. This all happened due to Customs held my speakers for 10 long days at Bangalore Airport.:sad:

Center and surround, I received within 3 days after my order. As of now these three speakers are packed only and I am arranging all logistics to fit it in my living room. My living room size is 18.5'X14.5'. As of now my old mini Hifi HT Panasonic VK 950 is connected.

Yesterday night, I connected both of my floor standers in my bedroom and did a brief test and results were amazing. This is connected with my Denon 1612 receiver.

Today, I did comprehensive music test from Rock to Pop to many Hindi songs. I was simply amazed by its ability to produce range of frequency and clarity of sound. I booked Heco Victa 700 after listening to Heco Victa 500 for 10 mins at friends place. If you see characteristics of 700 floor standers you will be amazed. Below are its spec from its manual

Configuration: 3-way bass reflex
Power Handling Capacity: 160/280 Watts (Amazing)
Impedence: 4 - 8 Ohms
Frequency Response: 26-38KHz (Amazing)
Recommended Amplifier output: 20 - 280 Watts (Amazing)
Efficiency: 91 dB

Just some times back, I ran Bass Test Mp3s. It is series of MP3 which test subwoofer frequency production also it has high frequency test, resonance test blah blah... Frequency response of this floor standers starts from 26Hz but when I played 20Hz file, OMG all over my house were started shivering. :clapping:.From window pane to cupboards, bed etc. Yes, it produces 20Hz also even it is not listed in spec.

Then I tested 310Hz to 10Hz test. It was also fantastic and upon my liking. Then there was "Ultimate Subwoofer Test". I felt my window panes and cupboards will come down immediately. :eek:hyeah:

All in all, it did not disappoint me and am completely satisfied. In India speakers are ridiculously costly even for bad one.

For low frequency, I will not rely on it. I am looking for JBL ES250 from amazon.de, once price come down for black color one. So many members here given positive review about it. As of now, without subwoofer it is satisfying my requirements. I am imagining the day when I will repeat all this test with dedicated subwoofer. :yahoo:. Yess, I am a Bass guy.

See ya... Happy Listening...

At last, yesterday I received last package of my speakers from Amazon.de. Day before yesterday UPS courier delivered only one floor stander and yesterday one. This all happened due to Customs held my speakers for 10 long days at Bangalore Airport.:sad:

Center and surround, I received within 3 days after my order. As of now these three speakers are packed only and I am arranging all logistics to fit it in my living room. My living room size is 18.5'X14.5'. As of now my old mini Hifi HT Panasonic VK 950 is connected.

Yesterday night, I connected both of my floor standers in my bedroom and did a brief test and results were amazing. This is connected with my Denon 1612 receiver.

Today, I did comprehensive music test from Rock to Pop to many Hindi songs. I was simply amazed by its ability to produce range of frequency and clarity of sound. I booked Heco Victa 700 after listening to Heco Victa 500 for 10 mins at friends place. If you see characteristics of 700 floor standers you will be amazed. Below are its spec from its manual

Configuration: 3-way bass reflex
Power Handling Capacity: 160/280 Watts (Amazing)
Impedence: 4 - 8 Ohms
Frequency Response: 26-38KHz (Amazing)
Recommended Amplifier output: 20 - 280 Watts (Amazing)
Efficiency: 91 dB

Just some times back, I ran Bass Test Mp3s. It is series of MP3 which test subwoofer frequency production also it has high frequency test, resonance test blah blah... Frequency response of this floor standers starts from 26Hz but when I played 20Hz file, OMG all over my house were started shivering. :clapping:.From window pane to cupboards, bed etc. Yes, it produces 20Hz also even it is not listed in spec.

Then I tested 310Hz to 10Hz test. It was also fantastic and upon my liking. Then there was "Ultimate Subwoofer Test". I felt my window panes and cupboards will come down immediately. :eek:hyeah:

All in all, it did not disappoint me and am completely satisfied. In India speakers are ridiculously costly even for bad one.

For low frequency, I will not rely on it. I am looking for JBL ES250 from amazon.de, once price come down for black color one. So many members here given positive review about it. As of now, without subwoofer it is satisfying my requirements. I am imagining the day when I will repeat all this test with dedicated subwoofer. :yahoo:. Yess, I am a Bass guy.

See ya... Happy Listening...

First of all Congrats for your new purchase !!!

I am also considering this 5.0 for my next purchase. Please share the detailed feedback about Center and surround speakers as well.

Thanks for sharing information about FS speakers.
Could you compare these with any other similar products you auditioned during your hunt for perfect speakers?

congrats dude! Sounds like a very good deal.
One thing, the speaker may be putting out 20Hz, but what is the level compared to say a 1 kHz tone?

I booked Heco Victa 700 after listening to Heco Victa 500 for 10 mins at friends place. If you see characteristics of 700 floor standers you will be amazed. Below are its spec from its manual

Glad to hear that you like them :) what is ur impression compared to 500 series?
im planning for 501 or 500, as for low freq will be getting a dedicated sub like JBL. Is only the extra bass unit the difference 700 and 500? or did you find 700 overall better than 500?

Congrats on your new setup, happy to see you could strike a good deal. Will call you up for a brief meeting.

I believe you were looking for a Norge amp for a stereo setup, but I would rather say wait for a good second hand deal for some NADs/Marantz or something better. If you want to check Norge, check with RajeshKR, he is having Norge 2030 or 2060 (not sure) with Wharfadale 9.1, you can try it with your speakers also.

congrats dude... can we expect more feedback/review (detailed if possible).
How would this pair with say...yamaha 671 or onkyo 609.

congrats dude! Sounds like a very good deal.
One thing, the speaker may be putting out 20Hz, but what is the level compared to say a 1 kHz tone?

I did not test it for 1KHz tone. If you stay in Bangalore, may be some day we will plan to do this test.

First of all Congrats for your new purchase !!!
Thanks for sharing information about FS speakers.
Could you compare these with any other similar products you auditioned during your hunt for perfect speakers?...

Center and Surround I did not connect. I just used surrounds as book-shelf for one hour or so. Overall impression is +ve.
For complete 5.0 review, you have wait a little as I am planning to do some carpentry work in my apartment for HT.

Many other speakers were very good in clarity but I did not find warmness in that. I auditioned Jamo, Polk etc.

Glad to hear that you like them :) what is ur impression compared to 500 series?...

700 definitely churning out more bass than 500 but you can go ahead with 500 if you have dedicated Sub.

Congrats Anuj & Happy listening.

Thank you...
congrats dude... can we expect more feedback/review (detailed if possible).
How would this pair with say...yamaha 671 or onkyo 609.

Well, I am yet to setup it as complete HT. I need to do some work in my living room for keeping them arranged. This will take some time. This was just FS small review.

Congrats on your new setup, happy to see you could strike a good deal. Will call you up for a brief meeting.

I believe you were looking for a Norge amp for a stereo setup...

Yes, I gave some offer for Norge Amp. But you are spot on:cool:. I will wait for some good used NADs, Marantz or will get new one.

I am in NCR - but there are lots of FMs in B'lore who can also help you with an SPL meter.
Heco seems like a very good option.

Anuj congrats on your purchase . What did the FS cost you? Satisfied with amazon delivery?

Where do the fs lie in comparison to quads, kerfs, ms, Ma ?

Isn't 1612 too underpowered to drive the 700?

good news to listen about HECO speakers. Please post the cost of the pair (including everything) for all forum members...

Anuj congrats on your purchase . What did the FS cost you? Satisfied with amazon delivery?

Where do the fs lie in comparison to quads, kerfs, ms, Ma ?

Isn't 1612 too underpowered to drive the 700?

Thanks. I mentioned price below. With Amazon delivery I'm satisfied but it was Customs who screwed delivery for 10 days for no reason. They were thinking this product is highly priced and Amazon sent it as undervalued.
The four you mentioned I only listened KEF briefly aft ProFx. With that I cannot compare. Rest three I did not listen. I auditioned Polk and Jamo. I did not like their delivery.
1612 drives it efficiently and no issue. Yes of course, if it had more juice result would be fantastic and we will be using speakers upto its capacity.

good news to listen about HECO speakers. Please post the cost of the pair (including everything) for all forum members...

It is Rs. 21,500/- after EUR - INR conversion that I actually paid for these two speakers. This includes shipping and custom charges.

Last edited:
Anuj,
spec for Heco 700 looks gud. Not sure how it compares with Warf 9.5 FS.
I remember Warf 9.5 FS is AV shielded (correct me if I am wrong).. is Heco 700 is AV shielded?

@ Anuj:

did you not want to get the 701?? the "1" series is newer .. the 700 is in the archive section.

i am also keen to order from Amazon.de:
I am looking at Victa 501 (smaller ver of 701) vs Canton GLE 470 (the latest 470.2 are very expensive). Any views on Canton vs Heco?

Anuj,
spec for Heco 700 looks gud. Not sure how it compares with Warf 9.5 FS...

Well, I am not saying it is ultimate speakers. But comparing to price what I got is more. Sure, there would be better speakers in market. I have never listened to Wharf so could not comment. Above all it suit my taste or say it produces what I want.
Does magnetic shielding required for floor standers. I do not think so. It is must for center channel.

@ Anuj:
did you not want to get the 701?? the "1" series is newer .. the 700 is in the archive section...

701 was bit expensive (~50 Euros) compare to 700 price. Only difference I found was max power handling capacity. There is no difference in looks or appearance or anything else.
However, I have Heco 101 as center channel which is now packed.
I listened to Victa 500 and equally impressed. I have no idea of Canton but saw spec on website. It look promising. Compare it with Heco spec that I posted in first post.

Congratulations Anuj... Enjoy

Thank you.

Anuj,
thanks for your reply.

IMO, what sounds good for you is the best.. :) Certainly it looks like you have made the correct choice.

i understand magnetic shielding is not necessary for FS...but I am trying to understand the 700 in detail.. are you saying 700 is not shielded?

Anuj,
thanks for your reply.

IMO, what sounds good for you is the best.. :) Certainly it looks like you have made the correct choice.

i understand magnetic shielding is not necessary for FS...but I am trying to understand the 700 in detail.. are you saying 700 is not shielded?

You dont require any magnetic shielding for the speakers unless you have a CRT TV. Shielding is a done at the backside of the driver with a metal covering the whole magnet structure and it doesnt make anything better for the speaker wrt the performance.

Last edited:
hi cmsajith,

The question is not about whether magnetic shielding is required for FS nor performance because of shielding. :)
We all know having or not having magnetic shield is not going to make much difference in most cases (except for cases like CRT TV, probably weight of FS etc).

This is just a question out of curiosity and nothing much. Do you know whether 700 is shielded?

Hey Congr8s for your +ve purchase :) ...

I also have ordered Heco Victa 301 . I am expecting to get it delivered in next week.

I have some questions ...

1) Do costumes charged you any amount to release your speaker ????
I mean to say , amount you paid to amazon is the final amount of purchase right?

2) Have you tried these speakers with norge? I am planning to buy norge 1000 for it

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back