Help Decide - LG 55 CX or Samsung Q80T or Q95T

This is how my TV panel looks, the while stand is where my AVR and STB will go in (next to each other), the OC box is bigger than the STB so it cannot go in there. I could possibly place the OC on the top of the white unit but then the wires will show. Will need to check again for the OC placement.
good panel.

I have a 65" Q95T it's a stunning TV. Black levels are v good and has very high peak brightness. 4K HDR Movies are a joy to watch no judder or blooming effects.

My room is very bright and the and the anti-reflective coating does a good job. The internal Speakers are OK for casual use but for movies you'll need a external sound system.
Can you guide me to a price or owners thread for q95t, haven't been able to find much

How much did you pay for yours and when did you buy it? Does it have something like the 3+2 years warranty the LG has?

Can you guide me to a price or owners thread for q95t, haven't been able to find much

How much did you pay for yours and when did you buy it? Does it have something like the 3+2 years warranty the LG has?
Price is a hindrance, Samsung have overpriced it for the Indian market for sure. You will get minimal discounts.

I managed to get mine for 2L from Croma due to exceptional circumstances. That price was only offered to appease me because of a serious issue I had with another TV I had purchased from them which they took back. I dont wish to declare too much here because they put things right for me, the store manager manager went out of way to make amends for what had happened and I am very grateful to him.

Problem is that Q95T/Q90 is a big seller in western and pan-asian countries so Samsung wont reduce prices in India until this years models come to market and they decide to sell off remainder of last years inventory at discounts.

I have a 65" Q95T it's a stunning TV. Black levels are v good and has very high peak brightness. 4K HDR Movies are a joy to watch no judder or blooming effects.

My room is very bright and the and the anti-reflective coating does a good job. The internal Speakers are OK for casual use but for movies you'll need a external sound system.
I myself have a CX 55 n created a mini stir on the owners page when I mentioned Samsung Q95T not only has much superior HDR n colour volume but much superior upscaling of 1080i n Tata Sky HD channels.

The same 1080i FHD content which just looked passably okay on my CX looked noticeably cleaner, crisper,denser on my Friends Q95T 55.

when I mentioned Samsung Q95T not only has much superior HDR n colour volume
I second you on this, in my experience, bright scene HDR, QLED wins, dark scene OLED wins. As far as color volume is concerned, I feel QLED has a slight edge due to more light and true RGB pannel.

I second you on this, in my experience, bright scene HDR, QLED wins, dark scene OLED wins. As far as color volume is concerned, I feel QLED has a slight edge due to more light and true RGB pannel.
More than a straight forward OLED vs QLED it should be rather viewed in the prism of Samsung vs LG Processors.

Apart from its traditional strengths of HDR brightness, true RGB vs WGRB of OLED Samsung has the much superior upscaling.

Now upscaling matters a lot for Indian viewer as he consumes a lot of DTH ,FHD, Apps like Hotstar n Sony Liv which has mostly average bitrate 1080p content. Netflix n Amazon although much superior PQ wise still has a lot of 1080p content.

Still - contrast! That's one reason why OLED wins over high end LEDs. The backlighting in LED TVs got me thinking if they mean just an old wine in a new bottle. Comparing TVs are kind of like the following analogy.

"Once upon a timer there lived a crow in the forest and was absolutely satisfied in life. But one day he saw a swan. This swan is so white and I am so black. This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.

He expressed his thoughts to the swan. Swan said I thought I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation.” The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained, “I lived a very happy life until I saw a peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors.”

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him. After the people had left, the crow approached the peacock. Dear, you are so beautiful bird in this earth. Every day thousands of people come to see you. When people see me, they immediately send me away. I think you are the happiest bird on the planet.

The peacock replied, I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the world. But I am entrapped in this zoo because of my beauty. I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage. So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily roam everywhere.”

Here it is price point, brightness, contrast, PQ, technology etc... etc...

Not a single Samsung TV supports Dolby Vision. That's a deal breaker for most people I would imagine.

Apart from its traditional strengths of HDR brightness, true RGB vs WGRB of OLED Samsung has the much superior upscaling.
Totally agree, Sony use to be king of Video Processors but Samsung have taken that crown away I think.

Hindi Movies on Tata Sky look fantastic - GF keeps playing loads of Hindi Movies, but PQ on Q95T makes them bearable to watch!

I would love to give the Samsung Qled a try since i m upgrading my Lg B6 Oled this year.
The lack of Dolby Vision is a bummer for me as i got few 4k UHD Blu-ray's with Dolby Vision.
I game in my free time with the xbox series x which will have DV support for games this year.

Wish Samsung bent over & added DV in their Qleds, unfortunately for me its no Qled.

Totally agree, Sony use to be king of Video Processors but Samsung have taken that crown away I think.

Hindi Movies on Tata Sky look fantastic - GF keeps playing loads of Hindi Movies, but PQ on Q95T makes them bearable to watch!
Your set I believe is 65 so it is doing a commendable job indeed , my friends Q95T was a 55 so it was more sharper n cleaner even from a 4 feet distance while in my CX I have to maintain a minimum distance of 8 feet otherwise it appears soft , mucky , bit pixelated.

Neo Quantam processors used in 2021Mini Led is supposed to be even better !!!

I would love to give the Samsung Qled a try since i m upgrading my Lg B6 Oled this year.
The lack of Dolby Vision is a bummer for me as i got few 4k UHD Blu-ray's with Dolby Vision.
I game in my free time with the xbox series x which will have DV support for games this year.

Wish Samsung bent over & added DV in their Qleds, unfortunately for me its no Qled.
Having been underwhelmed by DV on my CX I am not going to miss it when I move over to Samsung.

DV ideally needs a 12 bit panel n 3000 to 4000 nits to truly shine otherwise DV metadata especially on OLEDs can make things dull , muted n flush with warm tone.

I watched bits of the Boys on Prime in HDR 10 Plus(Q95T) n I was blown away by the PQ. IMO couple of notches above DV !!!

Neo Quantam processors used in 2021Mini Led is supposed to be even better !!!
Quoting London street slang - This is gonna be the "The Dog's B0llocks"

Gonna get me one when they become affordable by us mortals, prob in a couple years.

Having been underwhelmed by DV on my CX I am not going to miss it when I move over to Samsung.

DV ideally needs a 12 bit panel n 3000 to 4000 nits to truly shine otherwise DV metadata especially on OLEDs can make things dull , muted n flush with warm tone.

I watched bits of the Boys on Prime in HDR 10 Plus(Q95T) n I was blown away by the PQ. IMO couple of notches above DV !!!
That is surprising, as for my setup watching DV content on Netflix & Apple Tv through the ATV4k, i find Dolby Vision more natural in colours & contrast compared to standard HDR, also Xbox will support DV in games this year so i need DV at least as i got content which supports it & prefer it to standard HDR for sure.

I guess few people prefer DV over HDR & vice versa. Guess its personal preference.

Cheers.

But DV is licensed and HDR is free. Further DV supports 12bits colour whereas HDR is for 10 bits. Further HDR sets the absolute limits on the entire length however DV is dynamically adjusted frame by frame. No wonder you prefer DV over HDR.

Quoting London street slang - This is gonna be the "The Dog's B0llocks"

Gonna get me one when they become affordable by us mortals, prob in a couple years.
Haha, QN90A 55 looking at the UAE , Malaysia,European pricing should be around @170 to 175K, 30k less than Q95T launch price.

Moment it launches I am going all in , offcourse will be selling the CX before that.

Still - contrast! That's one reason why OLED wins over high end LEDs. The backlighting in LED TVs got me thinking if they mean just an old wine in a new bottle. Comparing TVs are kind of like the following analogy.

"Once upon a timer there lived a crow in the forest and was absolutely satisfied in life. But one day he saw a swan. This swan is so white and I am so black. This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.

He expressed his thoughts to the swan. Swan said I thought I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation.” The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained, “I lived a very happy life until I saw a peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors.”

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him. After the people had left, the crow approached the peacock. Dear, you are so beautiful bird in this earth. Every day thousands of people come to see you. When people see me, they immediately send me away. I think you are the happiest bird on the planet.

The peacock replied, I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the world. But I am entrapped in this zoo because of my beauty. I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage. So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily roam everywhere.”

Here it is price point, brightness, contrast, PQ, technology etc... etc...
Beautifully put, I really hope I find my peacock,Crow,swan n entire bird Kingdom in QN90A lol, My Wife is like how much more money are you going to throw on a damn, she was like this Samsung TV better be your last TV for next 5 years

Beautifully put, I really hope I find my peacock,Crow,swan n entire bird Kingdom in QN90A lol, My Wife is like how much more money are you going to throw on a damn, she was like this Samsung TV better be your last TV for next 5 years
5 Years is a decent span for a Tv for today's times. My B6 is almost 4 years old & will be upgrading to another Tv this year hopefully in few months.

I m sure you will be happy with your Samsung tv for the next 5 years.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back