Help in choosing a 5.1 setup

I don't go that very loud. More importantly, my wife will note let me go very high. :)

Heh. Unfortunately, bass is pretty hard to contain. While it's not what you want to hear, your neighbors are going to "feel" your sub.

To minimize the effect of the vibrations of the sub, you want to decouple it from the floor. I have the pair of mine placed on a wooden platform each (with attached rollers) and haven't heard any complaints so far. And I play movies at reference.

My situation is helped by the fact that my neighbours' houses on the same floor aren't particularly proximate. One of the shared walls is more than 50 ft away from the subs and it's our neighbour's service area on the other side of that wall:). The second shared wall is closer at around 20 ft and while I can certainly feel the sub in the room with that wall, we've luckily had no complaints from the other side.

Heh. Unfortunately, bass is pretty hard to contain. While it's not what you want to hear, your neighbors are going to "feel" your sub.

To minimize the effect of the vibrations of the sub, you want to decouple it from the floor. I have the pair of mine placed on a wooden platform each (with attached rollers) and haven't heard any complaints so far. And I play movies at reference.

My situation is helped by the fact that my neighbours' houses on the same floor aren't particularly proximate. One of the shared walls is more than 50 ft away from the subs and it's our neighbour's service area on the other side of that wall:). The second shared wall is closer at around 20 ft and while I can certainly feel the sub in the room with that wall, we've luckily had no complaints from the other side.

Mmmm. Would have to do another research on that topic it seems. :p Anyhow, thank you for the inputs. :)

All your neighbours will definitely feel the bass, but may not hear it. But will it bother them, is another story.

I blast my dual pb3000 almost everyday. Fortunately, haven't got any complaints from any of the neighbours. Infact my sub is placed in front of a shared wall.

Also, the sub what you have shortlisted does not have a bottom firing sub, which can be really troublesome for people downstairs.

I remember, once my brother played his downward firing sub at a slightly higer gain and slightly high volume. Within 5 minutes, his neighbour from downstairs, came running upstairs, as his whole shelf in his house was vibrating like hell...ha ha..

Some post above, I saw a post where a psa 15" sub was referred to at 1.17 lakh. It would be a killer deal.

All your neighbours will definitely feel the bass, but may not hear it. But will it bother them, is another story.

I blast my dual pb3000 almost everyday. Fortunately, haven't got any complaints from any of the neighbours. Infact my sub is placed in front of a shared wall.

Also, the sub what you have shortlisted does not have a bottom firing sub, which can be really troublesome for people downstairs.

I remember, once my brother played his downward firing sub at a slightly higer gain and slightly high volume. Within 5 minutes, his neighbour from downstairs, came running upstairs, as his whole shelf in his house was vibrating like hell...ha ha..

Some post above, I saw a post where a psa 15" sub was referred to at 1.17 lakh. It would be a killer deal.

Its parking below us. So one less neighbor to worry about. :p

avoid denon,polk.. repairing those stuff is impossible as they are imported.

On what basis you are referring to avoid Denon & Polk?

They sound awful.. took demo of denon and marantz speakers ..they sound awful with headeche in 5 minutes..

Also They are hard to repair.. spare parts are impossible to find...

Sony highend system produces realistic vocals without any headeche and earth shaking bass even with low quality PCM videos ..

Last edited by a moderator:
They sound awful.. took demo of denon and marantz speakers ..they sound awful with headeche in 5 minutes..

Sony highend system produces realistic vocals without any headeche and earth shaking bass even with low quality PCM videos ..

If you have dare..post polk speakers sound..for ppl to know how awful they sound and give headeche like in theatres.

Also those ugly polk,martanz speakers spoil the who house.. home will look like villagers home. They are meant to be hidden inside walls only.

On reading your comments ,I feel like that you are working for Sony .
If you are happy with your system ,enjoy it.
But not to make any unnecessary comments on other brands.There are many happy users available in this forum for those products.
FYKi..Marantz doesn't make any speakers now...They make only AVR and processors.,amps kind of stuffs.
Looks of speakers varies between users eyes...
Between I don't want to prove anything by posting videos.I know pros and cons of my system.
Hope u r not aware about service centers availability for Denon like products .
Also speakers life are very much longer than AVR.

Listening taste may vary between users..Some may feel headache with high decibels sound .( U have mentioned headache while watching movie in theaters too)
Also I doubt that you might have heard wrongly calibrated Denon/Marantz and speakers combo ...

Request not to post any unworthy comments about other brands / products in forum.

<snip>

If you have dare..post polk speakers sound..for ppl to know how awful they sound and give headeche like in theatres.

Also those ugly polk,martanz speakers spoil the who house.. home will look like villagers home. They are meant to be hidden inside walls only.

Happy for you. Enjoy your setup.
Please don't diss other brands just because you don't like them.

On a serious note, it is year 2020 and Sony, on it's website, claims 1200W RMS for this system.
Sounds a bit like them PMPO numbers we used to see earlier on boom-boxes :)

Cheers,
Raghu

check the specs here.. but bad thing is no DD+ over HDMI ..only thru BD,USB .. waiting to upgrade it ..but sony goes into atmos soundbars business which sound crap.

Attachments

• ScreenShot12.jpg
    ScreenShot12.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 32
check the specs here.. but bad thing is no DD+ over HDMI ..only thru BD,USB .. waiting to upgrade it ..but sony goes into atmos soundbars business which sound crap.
What are we looking at here? DD+ support or Channel numbers?
Cheers,
Raghu

Hmmm ...
Now I'm curious to read the full spec. Wonder how Sony packed 1200W into a HTiB unit.
And what kind of cooling or heat-sinks are used.

Cheers,
Raghu
Haha.. making fun of someone innocence or lack of knowledge ;)

I pity people buying such stuff, looking at 1200 watts PMPO :D

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back