Help me decide on a TV!

Hi Gues,

Since I see this is like a plasma thread. I am getting the 50PK550R for about 54K after using my employee discount (I work in a LG company, not LGE) The problem is the stuff is out of stock (actuallyt, sometimes they hold back stock and sell to employees slow moving models) Is it worthwhile to wait for this TV? and since I live at a rented place, when it comes to shifting, will transporting this TV be a pain?

Hi Gues,

Since I see this is like a plasma thread. I am getting the 50PK550R for about 54K after using my employee discount (I work in a LG company, not LGE) The problem is the stuff is out of stock (actuallyt, sometimes they hold back stock and sell to employees slow moving models) Is it worthwhile to wait for this TV? and since I live at a rented place, when it comes to shifting, will transporting this TV be a pain?

@ the price you have mentioned it is worth the wait.

Since you are renting do not wall mount the TV when you move to a permanant place wallmount it and do not throw the packaging you will need it when you are moving it. 54k is a nice deal .... :clapping:

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a TV as well in a month's time. Actually I am coming back to Bangalore after 2 years and would be setting up my entire space. I already have my HT (audio) ready minus subwoofer and would need to buy all other electronic/electrical gadgets viz. TV, Refrigerator, Microwave, Washing machine.... I have close to 2 TB of HD movie collection :) used with my WDTV and PS3. Any suggestion on the price and which store to shop. My budget for TV is 60K... at the most 70K. Planning to buy a Wharfedale Sub to accompany my Axiom speakers with a Yammy....

Regarding wall mounting the plasma.
Suppose the house is same but the room for the plasma needs to be changed. Is it easy to do?

My budget for TV is 60K... at the most 70K.

You have not mentioned the size. Any preference?

For 42" plasma, I would recommend a Pana V20. Comes in your budget at 65K.
If your looking for less than 42", there are numerous LCDs. Am not up-to-date with LCDs. So cannot recommend one.

If you looking for a 50" plasma, you have only two options(for Full HD),
a. Samsung 50C550 which sells for about ~68K
b. LG 50PK550 which sells for about ~57K

As you have lot of FullHD(1080p) content, I am assuming you wont go for HD-Ready(720p) TVs.

Regarding wall mounting the plasma.
Suppose the house is same but the room for the plasma needs to be changed. Is it easy to do?

Yup no big deal but you need to do some touch-up work later in the old room to cover the spots or just throw in some nice wallpaint .

I am thinking in terms of Samsung 46" LCD... what are the prices in Bangalore? If its beyond my budget I'll go for 42". But the minimum size I am looking for is 42.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back