Help me to buy new HT.......

jedviper

Hi everybody,

i m new to this forum.... i wanna buy home theater (AV receiver + Speakers (2 front, rear, sub, surround), front spk shuld be tower.. my budget is around 75k
... can extend upto 1 Lac

Hall area is around 220 sq.fts..

pls.advize

thanx in advance

Last edited:
denon 1910 is good as it also upscales..also try for focal speakers.i had a chance to demo them. profx deals in denon avr's.they have the price list . 1910 is almost 45k
rest u can spend for the speakers.

also chk for polk audio 5.1. they were also 25k and i compared them with the bose that was 80k bose was clear
but it wont give u thre theatre experience.also demoed focal with denon 1610. with 100w active sub. they were
quite good..

denon 1910 is a go go.

if you are in hyderabad ..do lemme know can help u with places where u can demo diffrent systems.

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4858.asp

Last edited:
Wharf's 10.1 or better x 2
Wharf center piece
Wharf sub

Polk FS TSi 400 29k
Polk TSi 300 20k
Polk center piece
Polk SW110/111

Movies: Denon

Music: NAD or Marantz or Cambride Audio etc

Total around 70-110k

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Do search the forum and seek information similar to what you are looking for.

As the HT requires source, receiver, speakers, display and interconnects, there are threads that would help you allocate budgets accordingly.

Since, you are talking of only receivers and speakers, I am assuming the rest are taken care of. Do give details of the source of watching, whether its primarily, TV or dvd or blu ray or rips. Also, your current source and display will help us decide the upscaling and other features that we need to look for in the AVR.

In terms of allocation of a 75 k budget, you would need around 5k in interconnects, around 50k in speakers and around 25k in avr.

In the speakers section, there are a host of speakers in the <50k range. Do note that adding floorstanders will reduce the quality of speakers in this range and you will do better with bookshelves esp. as your room size is not too big. Audition them with your favourite music and movie scenes and check which ones you like.

The popular AVRS are Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha, check out the specs to decide which suits you best.

Happy hunting.

I will go with Techboy's recomendation for the budget....

MUSIC more of a choice

Reciever :: MARANTZ
Spk Set :: Wharf's 10.1 or better 10.5
Wharf center piece
Wharf sub

MOVIES more of a choise

Reciever :: DENON 1910

Polk FS TSi 400 29k
Polk TSi 300 20k
Polk center piece
Polk SW110/111

Good suggestion for the budget....

Wharf's 10.1 or better x 2
Wharf center piece
Wharf sub

Polk FS TSi 400 29k
Polk TSi 300 20k
Polk center piece
Polk SW110/111

Movies: Denon

Music: NAD or Marantz or Cambride Audio etc

Total around 70-110k

i hve read somewer dat polk rs not gud speakers in comparison to whart, dali, mo, kef.....

hi guys....

i hve visited few showrooms in Mumbai....

@ Boomrang (CST)
impressed with Dali concept 6 performance with Denon 1910... dey r offering Dali concept 6 around 98k + denon 1910 around 40k

also impressed with MO Bronze with denon 1910 ..... MO is around 123k

not impressed with dali lektor....

@ profx (Atria worli)
heard KEF3005se (satellite) with denon 1910... which is gud.... but later heard
newly launched KEf C series.. but they have only 2FS not de whole ... the guy @ store agrees to give full demon of c series in next week.... profx offering c series @ 83k and denon 1910 around 45k.....

Kindly give ur views on kef c series....

@ designer audio (Tardeo)
Denon1910 + wharfdale 9.5
sound is good, but comparing with dali concept 6, performance is down...

Denon 1910(44k) + Wharfdale 10.6 (95k)
Sound is better than 9.5 series

@ sound out (heera panna)
denon 1910 - 39k (with bill n 1 yr warranty)
in grey denon 1910 - 33k (without bill n warrenty)

(i know it's going above my budget, but i want quality speakers, therfore, will go with AVR+FS pair first and update rest later on)

kindly suggest ur views?

hi guys....

i hve visited few showrooms in Mumbai....

@ Boomrang (CST)
impressed with Dali concept 6 performance with Denon 1910... dey r offering Dali concept 6 around 98k + denon 1910 around 40k
@ profx (Atria worli)
heard KEF3005se (satellite) with denon 1910... which is gud.... but later heard

@ sound out (heera panna)
in grey denon 1910 - 33k (without bill n warrenty)

(i

Well,when I was @ CST boomrang,I cldnt see Den1910, is there another Demo room?

Profx has kept Den1910 on shelf & not connected to any spk as I didnt inform them prior.I listened 1610 in Demo room next to counter.I think there is another room inside.

Heerapanna offered Den1910 for 35kwithout warrenty last month.

Now try Viola,they have 38k price with Bill-
denon

Well,when I was @ CST boomrang,I cldnt see Den1910, is there another Demo room?

i saw denon 1910, they hve kept on rack just behind sitting couch... demo guy was really gud... he answered my every query...

Heerapanna offered Den1910 for 35kwithout warrenty last month.

soundout@ heerapanna offering 1910 at 33k w/d warranty n bill

Now try Viola,they have 38k price with Bill-.

buying AVR n spkrs at diff.places will be a problem regarding setup issue?

i saw denon 1910, they hve kept on rack just behind sitting couch... demo guy was really gud... he answered my every query...
buying AVR n spkrs at diff.places will be a problem regarding setup issue?

OK, I took demo of arcam ,Bryston there with BR2+ moon CDP.
No prob in buying from different places as long as final price/cost is low.
Only if you are offerd combo discount,they OK.

OK, I took demo of arcam ,Bryston there with BR2+ moon CDP.
No prob in buying from different places as long as final price/cost is low.
Only if you are offerd combo discount,they OK.

wot's ur view on grey market stuff?..... is it ok to buy?

38k is not grey price.
If you want to go for it,check the total money saved.If you are getting 1910 for 27k,then OK as rest of the money can be kept for servicing machine if you have badluck.
Else total benefit.
With 1910 you save only 5k(38k as best price), so going for Bill is better choice & if you get spk from them,then additional discount can be asked.

i hve read somewer dat polk rs not gud speakers in comparison to whart, dali, mo, kef.....

In comparision I might say yes, but audio is subjective, to some even a high end system might not sound as good as an entry level spk. Perfect example is me.........for me Wharf 10.5 coupled wirh Marantz sounded much better then B&W coupled with rotel...........so its alwats advisable to audition.

Back