Help with Atmos speakers in concrete ceiling

@Love4sound

Since you want to get maximum Atmos effect, why not In Ceiling speakers or Car Audio speakers? You can get 3 way ones and install them, Most of these speakers are designed to operate without a cabinet / housing.....

View attachment 32039

View attachment 32040
There are many brands and models.....check out some and decide accordingly.....If you can invest and put a little false ceiling....it will be good....
what is this speaker back box for concrete ceilings? And where can i get them? from my understanding using this box i can use a ceiling speaker on my concrete ceiling with the help of this box. if this will work i can go for dali e60. Kindly advise

I do not have an Atmos setup and hence would not know if this works....there are numerous ideas over the internet which have such options and even videos over Youtube...

62A59DAA-8A6E-4507-BAA3-82B74484974A.jpeg83C6C5A2-C95C-4EA3-8C35-FACBC9EC4E7A.jpeg
Hi All

I am still on the hunt and apart from the speakers and options discussed in the thread there is a new option suggested by a dealer. Since m using all dalis the dealer said that he will make a custom wooden box for Dali E6 ceiling speaker which can be installed on the concrete ceiling he also said that he will take care of the installation. My only concern is will there be any vibrations or distortion since it’s a custom built wooden box. Please refer the image I will install my Atmos speaker inplace of the Yamaha yht299 satellite speakers I am using for testing Atmos

View attachment 32812View attachment 32813
Hi All

I am still on the hunt and apart from the speakers and options discussed in the thread there is a new option suggested by a dealer. Since m using all dalis the dealer said that he will make a custom wooden box for Dali E6 ceiling speaker which can be installed on the concrete ceiling he also said that he will take care of the installation. My only concern is will there be any vibrations or distortion since it’s a custom built wooden box. Please refer the image I will install my Atmos speaker inplace of the Yamaha yht299 satellite speakers I am using for testing Atmos
Well no one has any inputs ?

Atmos speakers will only work / run when there is proper atmos content....also they dont work throughout the full movie and are not expected to be as loud or overpower the other speakers........each speaker section of the AVR is designed to handle certain content at a certain time frame.

We should not expect all speakers working at the same time which most of see in the compact Rs 8000 HTiBs (Home Theatre in a Box) offered by Philips / Samsung / Panasonic etc. That is not called true surround......

Atmos speakers will only work / run when there is proper atmos content....also they dont work throughout the full movie and are not expected to be as loud or overpower the other speakers........each speaker section of the AVR is designed to handle certain content at a certain time frame.

We should not expect all speakers working at the same time which most of see in the compact Rs 8000 HTiBs (Home Theatre in a Box) offered by Philips / Samsung / Panasonic etc. That is not called true surround......
The Yamaha speakers are very average speakers nd don’t gel well with the dalis. It’s true that they don’t work throughout the movie but in action scenes you get a lot of overhead effects. And even in a 5.1 content I am playing in dts neural x with the amp assigned to 5.1.2 I get good overhead effects. The only reason i installed the Yamaha is to test how the overhead effects are and if the placement is correct before I get a good Atmos speaker. I had to increase the Yamaha speakers volume to +3db while the dalis are at -7 and -8db. I have the budget for Dali alteco c-1 which will gel very well for my current set up but I just don’t know how to install them on the concrete ceiling.

Once you get all speakers installed properly then run audyssey again......it will caliberate as required....after that if you feel overall output is less....first increase the source volume....if that does not make much difference.....increase all speaker by 1db each ....and check....this should take care.....

Once you get all speakers installed properly then run audyssey again......it will caliberate as required....after that if you feel overall output is less....first increase the source volume....if that does not make much difference.....increase all speaker by 1db each ....and check....this should take care.....
Yeah I did try this. No matter how much u tweak,the Yamaha satellite speakers clearly has its limits. I have 5 speakers shortlisted now. Sonus 3540, polk owm3, dali alteco c1, dali e60 and the svs prime elevations with Dali being my top pick.

If i were you...i would consider car speakers 6 ohms or 8 ohms 3 way type to put as Atmos speakers as they are capable to deliver almost all frequencies across the spectrum. Detailing and effects will be much much better.....wider sound stage for sure

Blaupunkt speakers or pioneer or sonys are good....some are using Taga in ceiling speakers......most of car speakers are available for demo with dealers....

If i were you...i would consider car speakers 6 ohms or 8 ohms 3 way type to put as Atmos speakers as they are capable to deliver almost all frequencies across the spectrum.

Blaupunkt speakers or pioneer or sonys are good....some are using Taga in ceiling speakers......most of car speakers are available for demo with dealers....
I am open to this idea but since my ceiling is concrete I have no clue on how to install them

Someone is ready to make cabinets for you? Ask him to design one once you finalise which speaker and size
Yeah the Dali dealer(Vipul audio)was willing to make box and do the installation for ceiling speakers if I am purchasing from him. He had a list of speakers starting from 9k. My only concern was on the quality, how heavy will it be nd if it will affect the sound quality etc . If it’s to bulky also I won’t be able to install on the exact location of the Yamaha speakers as the fan will hit the speakers. So many things to consider.

Yeah the Dali dealer(Vipul audio)was willing to make box and do the installation for ceiling speakers if I am purchasing from him. He had a list of speakers starting from 9k. My only concern was on the quality, how heavy will it be nd if it will affect the sound quality etc . If it’s to bulky also I won’t be able to install on the exact location of the Yamaha speakers as the fan will hit the speakers. So many things to consider.

Hence Car speakers are recommended as they are designed to perform and output a wide sound stage for limited tight spaces....they also dont require a bulky cabinet......demo / audition some brands of speakers and decide

Hence Car speakers are recommended as they are designed to perform and output a wide sound stage for limited tight spaces....they also dont require a bulky cabinet......demo / audition some brands of speakers and decide
Sure will check out. If nothing works out i do have solution for my installation issue with 3 speakers. Sonus, Torvin and svs prime elevation. They all come with mounts and can be installed on the same spot were i have installed the yamaha speakers

What's your take between height speakers & on-ceiling speakers for Atmos? Seems to me that there is a much wider choice when you are working with heights as almost all bookshelves can be hung that way.

@Love4sound : I auditioned Polk OWM5 , absolute crap...avoid. How much is the Dali Altecco? I heard the Dali Fazon recently..terrific sound!

Car speakers will need enclosure , right? How much are the SVS Prime?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back