Help with Epson Projector Service (TW9400)

msankadi

Hi

I had bought an Epson projector in Feb 2021 and I am facing an issue with the lamp flickering on Eco mode.

Had raised a complaint on Monday and tried following up on email too. Escalation email bounced and no response yet on the complaint.

I have put a tweet hoping they resolve my issue. Please help retweet my tweet if you can.

Tweet link:
Does anyone have any other escalation email ids that can be used? Had heard such good things about Epson service before buying the projector but really disappointed with their service till now. :(

This seems to be a common problem amongst Epson projectors, you can try using it in maximum brightness mode for a few hours and then switch to Eco mode, this works for me,
it is something to do with arcing between the lamp connectors ( not 100% sure) but this is what i read online when i had this issue

I have still not received any response despite putting it up on twitter and Facebook as well. Any other ideas?

Has anyone tried consumer court for getting service?

Not just Epson even Benq CS is pretty useless they could not properly direct me to an authorized retailer who stocks OEM replacement lamp. The lamp flickering is a common problem for most projectors in eco-mode, My panasonic used to do it and so did the BenQ. Just run in in normal mode for 100hours or so it will be fine after that. If you need OEM replacement lamp for cheap PM me, I found a reliable resource.

@msankadi Sorry to hear this. I hope your issue gets resolved.

Epson usually is really good at post sale service when compared to their counterparts. I will suggest you to contact your dealer and let him help you.

My humble 5650 here in Bangalore had convergence issues. I reported it, and they replaced it with a 5820. In my case the dealer was helpful in every step. And he wasn't even an Epson authorised dealer, but still I got a replacement.

I see why you're disappointed. But please be patient.

@msankadi Sorry to hear this. I hope your issue gets resolved.

Epson usually is really good at post sale service when compared to their counterparts. I will suggest you to contact your dealer and let him help you.

My humble 5650 here in Bangalore had convergence issues. I reported it, and they replaced it with a 5820. In my case the dealer was helpful in every step. And he wasn't even an Epson authorised dealer, but still I got a replacement.

I see why you're disappointed. But please be patient.
Thanks but I bought it from the home theater in Banglore and he isn't helpful at all. He says go contact Epson for every small thing, not at all helpful

Thanks but I bought it from the home theater in Banglore and he isn't helpful at all. He says go contact Epson for every small thing, not at all helpful
Hi there,

I had a good experience with the Epson authorised service centre "Peripheral Service" in Bangalore,

PERIPHERAL SERVICE Epson Authorised service center​

Call Mr. Kumar at +919845044658

Hi there,

I had a good experience with the Epson authorised service centre "Peripheral Service" in Bangalore,

PERIPHERAL SERVICE Epson Authorised service center​

Call Mr. Kumar at +919845044658
Thanks a lot, I got call from the epson engineer finally in the night. He said he will come tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Thanks a lot, I got call from the epson engineer finally in the night. He said he will come tomorrow. Fingers crossed
Just an update it is stil ongoing and the engineer has visited multiple times

Seems Epson India is very cheap and trying everything to not even give a replacement lamp

One question : if they replace the lamp will they take the old lamp or let me keep it?

I am still on my stock lamp. But I guess they will allow you keep the lamp with you.

I do not understand why are you not getting a proper treatment from Epson. This is not right since it is under warranty. Did the engineer tell you what's wrong with the projector?

I am still on my stock lamp. But I guess they will allow you keep the lamp with you.

I do not understand why are you not getting a proper treatment from Epson. This is not right since it is under warranty. Did the engineer tell you what's wrong with the projector?
Yeah today morning after I posted got another call... They are saying something wrong with the baleno unit (this guy had heavy accent) which is the heart of the projector.. That needs to be replaced

They gave me option to replace the unit or replace the projector completely... I opted for complete projector replacement with new one instead of repair... They said it will take 10 to 15 days... Lets see what happens

Go for replacement. They gave me one. You should get one, too.

And when you get your new unit, don't run them in Eco mode for the first 100-150 hours. Do keep the correspondence with them.

It is a time tested model. You must have gotten a lemon. Glad they have agreed to replace your unit :)

Go for replacement. They gave me one. You should get one, too.

And when you get your new unit, don't run them in Eco mode for the first 100-150 hours. Do keep the correspondence with them.

It is a time tested model. You must have gotten a lemon. Glad they have agreed to replace your unit :)
i have also found Epson really responsive in the past... glad to hear of this happy ending. :)

i have also found Epson really responsive in the past... glad to hear of this happy ending. :)
It looks like, I will still wait till I have my replacement in hand to say it is a happy ending though..They are saying it will take a couple of weeks more, which is fine in my case as mine is still working so no rush

I experienced this problem in DLP, Optoma. It is due to dust accumulation on the color wheel. This is where India stands out. ;)These devices are not designed for dusty environments like here. Anyway yours may be different case as Epsom doesn’t use DLP, but pls correct me if I am wrong.. Glad that you got a full unit replacement which is always the best option.

Just an update...I just got a new projector few minutes back, they took everything back and they gave me a sealed box piece imported in Sep 21. Still have to setup and test it but seems everything ended well and relatively smoothly considering it was a replacement of such an existing item
Just curious to know what would be the course of action for an outside warranty 9400, last month of warranty here and if unit replacement is the only solution that sounds a little scary to me once warranty expires.

Just curious to know what would be the course of action for an outside warranty 9400, last month of warranty here and if unit replacement is the only solution that sounds a little scary to me once warranty expires.
They gave me an option to replace some internal unit or take complete replacement, so I am guessing that if you are out of warranty you would opt for the part replacement and pay for that.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back